AFC Championship: Bengals vs. Chiefs Discussion Thread

Are there odds out yet on who wins the Super bowl? I.E the AFC or the NFC?! Regardless of which teams go? I seem to remember these betting odds in the past
I’ve seen odds on the teams to win. All pretty even though AFC teams slightly better odds so I’m guessing it would be AFC -1.5?

Disagree on the pocket

This Bengals team reminds me of the Rams in 98 or whatever it was. Everyone loves to watch but only got the one SB because they had a top 5 defense that needed Mike Jones crush at the one yd line to win the bowl. Bengals needed to win last year....like Rams then, they're making noise but as mentioned above, they have a ton of deficiencies like most do this year like the Rams did the following year

Part of me wants the Bengals to make the SB so I can get points with the Niners or Eagles but I don't think they will

So you gonna lose 2 more games against them? Good thing they just like a Tuesday in providence for you. I’ll be cashing the +850 i took at beginning the playoffs, I assume they will most likely get 2 of the 3 lineman back by time the SB played, that be more than enough for them to smash the nfc team. Joe ciool gets his 1st of several rings this year. You can have mahomes on a gimpy ankle, to me it the equivalent of taking Marino, farve, Rodgers ahead of Montana or Brady.

So you gonna lose 2 more games against them? Good thing they just like a Tuesday in providence for you. I’ll be cashing the +850 i took at beginning the playoffs, I assume they will most likely get 2 of the 3 lineman back by time the SB played, that be more than enough for them to smash the nrc team. Joe ciool gets his 1st of several rings this year. You can have mahomes on a gimpy ankle, to me it the equivalent of taking Marino, farve, Rodgers ahead of Montana or Brady.
lol

Chiefs plus the points - I think Mahomes will likely be in better condition than most people think with the ankle. That is enough to make the line very playable to me as if Mahomes is anywhere remotely close to healthy they should be the favorite. I know what bengals did last week and I believe in their team but let us not forget they should have lost at home two weeks ago to a Huntley led Ravens team for heavens sake. Now they are road faves at KC? I will take my chances with that.

Retrovk
Lower Rung Employee of Scott Sharp Enterprises
I actually was thinking the same thing this morning. I am sure people close to the situation know the extent and nature of the sprain.

I decided to look up what is publicly available re this injury.

...those players who sustain a high ankle sprain are often out of sports for four to six weeks depending upon the injury severity. Sports that involve cutting and pivoting, such as football, are especially difficult to play in the setting of a high ankle sprain. The player’s position may also dictate the length of recuperation as running backs or linebackers who have to quickly change direction are often the most disabled with this injury

It is important to understand that because the structures involved in a high ankle sprain can lead to instability of the primary ankle joint, rehabilitation and total healing take much longer recovery time than a traditional ankle sprain. This is the point that coaches need to understand. ALL ANKLE SPRAINS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Recovery from a mild high ankle sprain may take several weeks and recovery from a severe high ankle sprain may take several months. It’s important to note the all ankle sprains are not the same. High ankle sprains take longer to heal.

The rehab process for a high-ankle sprain is not easy.

“It would take you or I weeks," [Dr.] Newman said.

But for a well condition athlete like Mahomes, with the AFC Championship just days away, weeks are not an option.

Rockhurst trainer Paul McGannon has been taping , stretching and getting ankles rehabbed in time for game day for nearly 40 years.

"It's one of the most common injuries we see in athletics," McGannon said.

He says getting ice on the ankle would have been one of the first orders of business.

To minimize pain and stiffness trainers will set out to improve his range of motion. Too much weight-bearing will only serve to irritate and inflame the injury.

As the week progresses, Mahomes will move toward strengthening exercises for his ankle and leg. All of which, will be done with state-of-the-art technology to ensure as little inflammation as possible for the injury.

Balance and stability training will be the final part of the process, mainly to build confidence in Mahomes' ability to cut and plant on the football field.

The goal is to get to agility drills, but only when athletes are ready.

The QB won’t be 100%, but he’ll do everything in his power to be able to go come Sunday.

Buffalo got as high as -6.5. Are we saying that KC at Buffalo would be +9? No nobody is saying that.

Oddsmakers don’t give a shit about anything but their numbers. And their numbers said prior to last week KC and Buffalo were essentially the same.

So now we have a 9 point adjustment because “money is coming in on Cincy and they’ve beaten them 3 times?”

Nah, this injury is worse than we know.

Perhaps I’m overreacting. But someone tell me Bengals -2.5 makes sense with Mahomes under center.

An overlooked aspect of the Bills game was how the snow impacted the line play. The poor footing gave the OL an edge and negated a bit of the Ben Gals missing starters. Ask anyone who has ever played OL in the snow....DL can't get their footing and they start to reach and grab. Looks like chance of a snow shower in KC...

An overlooked aspect of the Bills game was how the snow impacted the line play. The poor footing gave the OL an edge and negated a bit of the Ben Gals missing starters. Ask anyone who has ever played OL in the snow....DL can't get their footing and they start to reach and grab. Looks like chance of a snow shower in KC...
This times a million

Figured bringing up something like this could be taboo but Mixon ain't gaining more that 3 yards a carry against a college team. It was the difference in the game outside of Buffalo not letting Allen use that to his advantage too.

This times a million

Figured bringing up something like this could be taboo but Mixon ain't gaining more that 3 yards a carry against a college team. It was the difference in the game outside of Buffalo not letting Allen use that to his advantage too.

You and your emotions, I get it mixon a pos but he averaged 4 ypc the entire season, but he can’t run for 3 on a college team? He didn’t play last kc game but Perine and burrow went for 150 on the ground, it’s pretty likely they will run the ball with success.

Could Henne be undervalued in this game? Looked like he had a good grasp of the offense and Reid wasn’t limited in his play calling like he was when Mahomes came back in.

You and your emotions, I get it mixon a pos but he averaged 4 ypc the entire season, but he can’t run for 3 on a college team? He didn’t play last kc game but Perine and burrow went for 150 on the ground, it’s pretty likely they will run the ball with success.
Emotions lmfao

Fan in me want Bengals, I HATE the Chiefs....never thought those got involved here. Probably not another team I hate worse than them ffs.

My disdain for the Chiefs is well documented, not sure what emotion has to do with this. They have the best pocket passer in the game.

Emotions lmfao

Fan in me want Bengals, I HATE the Chiefs....never thought those got involved here. Probably not another team I hate worse than them ffs.

My disdain for the Chiefs is well documented, not sure what emotion has to do with this. They have the best pocket passer in the game.

Saying mixon can’t get 3ypc on a college team without the aid of snow apparently when he has averaged 4.1 his entire career sounds a bit like you don’t like the guy, who does? but don’t change the fact he had 21 for 88 (4.19ypc) against kc in last year afc championship game, has a 4.14 playoff average, if it not emotion talking i dunno why you dismissing the facts and making crazy claims?

Even the biggest kc shill on tv nick wright last qb rankings list went like this. Mahomes 1, burrow 2, mahomes on 1 leg 3., lol.

Whether or not he the best pocket passer in the league debatable but a high ankle sprain on his right leg isn’t gonna just effect his mobility, he won’t be the same in the pocket either without the ability to plant that foot and fire. I don’t see how in the world a injury that generally last a month or so is gonna be any better than it was last week? Im pretty confident bengals will take away kelce sitting wide open 5-6 yards every play which was basically the offense against jags.

Year before mahomes, kc made playoffs: year before burrow, cincy had the #1 pick.

5 years as a starter. Best first 5 years in the league ever. Ever. Listen to personnel guys who actually are involved in the league. You might find an outlier who would take Burrow. 99% are taking Mahomes.

I did lob some fire over about Burrow but not going to hijack this thread.

5 years as a starter. Best first 5 years in the league ever. Ever. Listen to personnel guys who actually are involved in the league. You might find an outlier who would take Burrow. 99% are taking Mahomes.

Highly doubt anything is serious

Now throw in some Chad Henne and it's likely game on

Looks like +2.5 didn't last long...it's back down to +1. Maybe it climbs back up, but I would guess that crossing 3 is very unlikely unless somebody wacks Pacheco in the knee with a bat

Looks like +2.5 didn't last long...it's back down to +1. Maybe it climbs back up, but I would guess that crossing 3 is very unlikely unless somebody wacks Pacheco in the knee with a bat
Around the globe people are going to lose their minds watching this line every minute for a week and still bet the same way on Sunday

Great for analysts on tv, terrible for people who should be on meds

Around the globe people are going to lose their minds watching this line every minute for a week and still bet the same way on Sunday

Great for analysts on tv, terrible for people who should be on meds
Hey, i'm down to go crazy if you are? Let's go crazy? :D

I do think that at some point you just have to take the Chiefs out of principle. Kind of like some people who'd just thoughtlessly bet on Bama as a dog

Hey, i'm down to go crazy if you are? Let's go crazy?

I do think that at some point you just have to take the Chiefs out of principle. Kind of like some people who'd just thoughtlessly bet on Bama as a dog
BAR sent me a video of you at Arrowhead on Saturday and it looked like emotions might have gotten out of hand with of all people....the potato lady

Bullshit

On second thought I’m good. Enjoy the season fam. The regulars can DM me anytime. 16 years here I don’t need to be bothered with subjective nonsense. I came here to evaluate the game based on stats and not emotions. This is why I don’t post as much anymore. No hard feelings and I could give a shit if anyone thinks I’m a bitch for bailing. Love y’all

On second thought I’m good. Enjoy the season fam. The regulars can DM me anytime. 16 years here I don’t need to be bothered with subjective nonsense. I came here to evaluate the game based on stats and not emotions. This is why I don’t post as much anymore. No hard feelings and I could give a shit if anyone thinks I’m a bitch for bailing. Love y’all
We're getting to emotion time of year and I'll say I'm a lot better about that shit than I was 15 years ago or so here

Real issue is there are only 2 games to dissect for an entire week, which we've all likely done by Sunday night so all the empty space is just trying to stay interested. Like somehow a week of this kind of thing will change anyone's mind.

Be well my friend

Ok. I’ll bite. Which part.
I’ll obviously only get so far as you see the avatar. But I really don’t think the split is that high in which coaches start with him. Mahomes is the better runner. I’d take Burrow as a passer anyday. All things being equal one lasts a little longer in the NFL. Joey is athletic too, but that guy reads the game like a 10 year vet already.

We gotta week to discuss the whole game. Have a cranberry juice

I’ll obviously only get so far as you see the avatar. But I really don’t think the split is that high in which coaches start with him. Mahomes is the better runner. I’d take Burrow as a passer anyday. All things being equal one lasts a little longer in the NFL. Joey is athletic too, but that guy reads the game like a 10 year vet already.
Not sure failing to be as evasive as Mahomes is conducive to Burrow‘s longevity…torn ACL…it‘s not like Mahomes is a running QB trying to truck stick linebackers.

Im not debating how great mahomes is, last time we made list earlier in year I had it mahomes 1 burrow 2 (most still had Allen 2 but think reasonable ppl coming around on that), the things mahomes can do with his feet and arm angles some shit we ain’t ever seen, if it a talent discussion mahomes the most incredible I ever seen. If I have a perennial garbage franchise I think there a discussion which I’d take 1st cause Burrow was a instant culture changer, not saying mahomes couldn’t have done the same, just that he didn’t have to. The way he was able to get to SB last year w a pretty terrible oline was about as impressive anything i ever seen. He manipulates the game pre snap similar to how manning used to. Slobbering all over Burrow isn’t trying to take anything away from mahomes, it just recognizing mahomes now has someone who up for the task of matching his greatness.

Far as this week goes I don’t think any gm’s would take mahomes with a high ankle sprain over Burrow, that a lot of jizzing for mahomes, If burrow had a high ankle sprain I’d take healthy mahomes in a heartbeat.

They’re both ridiculously good. Mahomes is a phenom. Does things we’ve never seen and changes games.
Burrow is still very young but is a stone cold killer and proven winner. Dude has gotten massacred behind some horrible offensive lines and is unfazed. His mobility is also underrated. On a 0-10 scale right now, I’d put PM at a 9.4, JB at a 8.9. But in 4 or so years I could see Joe Cool surpassing him.
These 2 will be the new Brady v Manning.

They’re both ridiculously good. Mahomes is a phenom. Does things we’ve never seen and changes games.
Burrow is still very young but is a stone cold killer and proven winner. Dude has gotten massacred behind some horrible offensive lines and is unfazed. His mobility is also underrated. On a 0-10 scale right now, I’d put PM at a 9.4, JB at a 8.9. But in 4 or so years I could see Joe Cool surpassing him.
These 2 will be the new Brady v Manning.

Burrow don’t have mahomes wheels but you right he very underrated as a runner, he picks up huge 3rd downs w his legs and hell
I think he ran for 5-6 scores this year! I’ve slobbered over mahomes more than enough, these last few months just been time to start giving burrow his flowers, I like his team on both sides the ball just a little more. With all due respect to Allen and sone the other great young qbs these 2 are the ones who be battling for most rings the next 10 years.

Burrow don’t have mahomes wheels but you right he very underrated as a runner, he picks up huge 3rd downs w his legs and hell
I think he ran for 5-6 scores this year! I’ve slobbered over mahomes more than enough, these last few months just been time to start giving burrow his flowers, I like his team on both sides the ball just a little more. With all due respect to Allen and sone the other great young qbs these 2 are the ones who be battling for most rings the next 10 years.
Allen isn’t close in my opinion. Sure he’s a great runner, but is way too careless with the ball.

Allen isn’t close in my opinion. Sure he’s a great runner, but is way too careless with the ball.

Agreed. I think it mahomes/burrow then a pretty big gap. Allen as talented as anyone with his arm and legs but the turnovers/carelessness a issue that was glaring without Daboll.

Back