**********2024 Playoffs in game**********

how does Edmonton rebound ??

I bet eddy tonight

First of all if you’re not watching this actual game then you’re gonna need the specifics but this whole thing has been fucking crazy and if I’m the Oilers ownership group and the GM I’m thinking the good Lord himself does not want this team to be together because what Vancouver has just done is hysterically embarrassing to us

Gonna be a huge third period. Canes dominated first. Second was closer to 50-50. But canes gotta be gripping tighter here if they can’t score. Rangers missed two major chances in the second. Rangers gonna win this one 3-1

Gonna be a huge third period. Canes dominated first. Second was closer to 50-50. But canes gotta be gripping tighter here if they can’t score. Rangers missed two major chances in the second. Rangers gonna win this one 3-1
Big power play kill coming.

Canes scored 5 mins in?

The last 33-36 shots no dice.

Impressive.

That was one of the worst games I’ve seen fox play. Him and Lindgren have been subpar. Need to tighten up the ship back there.

Next game give me rempe in for vesey please. Oh and when this thread goes silent for a few weeks that’s because I’m going to peru and if I don’t die from dysentery I fully expect to be back in time for the Stanley cup finals. /Oregon trail I’m old af

Just gathering my thoughts a bit from last night. Really want to thank Panarin for making that happen early. I'm not getting any younger here, so I'm doing my best to save my heart beats.
Canes thoroughly outshot the Rangers last night, yes. But, I think the Rangers will take that game every time. Not just because of the win, obviously, but a vast majority of the shots were from outside high danger areas. If I remember to post later I will, but the double OT game the Canes exg was like 6.5, and Rangers was about 4. I bet this game was way closer to even.
And I posted earlier that Burns is old, but serviceable. Take a look at the Kreider shorthanded goal. I know Kreider is a strong skater, but he absolutely torched Burns to get that goal. He was a good 4-5 strides behind him and skated past him like he was standing still. If you noticed later the Canes had DeAngelo out on pp1, surely that is the reason.
Rangers still need to do a better job knocking these smaller Canes forwards around. They are allowed too much free space when entering the zone. I understand that on the cycle and forecheck they are going to get their wheels going, but you have to make entering the zone a hit.
Laffy is an absolute beast. Too many ticky tack penalties last night so his ice time was just 12 minutes, but he makes those count. I was surprised to see Chytil get 12 minutes as well, but I guess he's well rested. Need more out of Kakko as well, but he is doing well defensively.
And I totally forgot that Canes are without Fast this series. He is a major pain in the ass to play against, another loss for them. Rangers will do themselves well to close it out this weekend, and get even more rest.

Rangers are a wagon

Trouba playing incredible
You've got to be joking about Trouba who has singlehandedly almost cost them the last two games. This series and every series the Rangers play from here on out will only be won if Igor is this dominant. No reason to even discuss the Washington series as that was the worst playoff team in many years.

So last nights Rangers game, the exg was 3.5 to 2.5 in favor of Carolina. However, that was significantly skewed by the number of shots on net Carolina threw at them.
High score chances favored the Rangers 8 - 6, with exg on those of 1.95 - 1.60, so Rangers were much better than game 2 in creating high scoring chances.
Trouba been great, leading the Rangers in ice time, blocked shots and hits.
Lindgren most overrated Ranger out there. "Heart and soul" of the team, meh. He's okay, but not really that good. I am going to bite my tongue when the Rangers overpay him this offseason to stay.
Trouba, Fox, Schneider and Miller are terrific - I'd love to see Miller get more into the offense sometime, but since they moved him from Trouba whos way better than Schneider, he's been reluctant to get caught up ice. Just a minor nitpick there.

So last nights Rangers game, the exg was 3.5 to 2.5 in favor of Carolina. However, that was significantly skewed by the number of shots on net Carolina threw at them.
High score chances favored the Rangers 8 - 6, with exg on those of 1.95 - 1.60, so Rangers were much better than game 2 in creating high scoring chances.
Trouba been great, leading the Rangers in ice time, blocked shots and hits.
Lindgren most overrated Ranger out there. "Heart and soul" of the team, meh. He's okay, but not really that good. I am going to bite my tongue when the Rangers overpay him this offseason to stay.
Trouba, Fox, Schneider and Miller are terrific - I'd love to see Miller get more into the offense sometime, but since they moved him from Trouba whos way better than Schneider, he's been reluctant to get caught up ice. Just a minor nitpick there.
Its great that you are such a fan of the team but this couldn't be more of a homer post. I'd love to see this team win a cup as much as anyone but homerism is quite the blinding trait.

The game last night was completely one sided other that the Rangers having the best goalie in the league and Carolina having trash in net.

Draisaitl gtd tonight. Didn't skate, would be a massive loss, obviously. I doubt he goes tonight, will probably be rested a few more days.

Worst period of the playoffs there by the Rangers. Game was spoiled before the start, when Laviolette decides to start Brodzinski for his first game of the playoffs instead of Rempe. Now the Rangers have three negative waste of players. I like Goodrow, but he gave the Canes their first goal. Vesey and Brodz are absolutely worthless in the playoffs. Annoying AF.

Well, the bud didn't look bad either. I may need to roll one here later tonight. I don't smoke often anymore, cause I'm old, but I do enjoy a good blunt from time to time.

Back