2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Is Aberg +180 a dumb bet for someone who didn't make the cut last year but playing out of his mind right now?

What makes it great is he's Texas Tech so there's a built in rivalry with Scottie already and Tech guys use Longhorns as targets

Is Aberg +180 a dumb bet for someone who didn't make the cut last year but playing out of his mind right now?
Very possible, thus the closest odds to even, but a lot of good guys right behind him. Very difficult to maintain 4 solid rounds, even harder to keep the lead, then win the tourney. Who knows for certain but gonna wait, post rd.3, if we’re lucky he has a meh round, couple of guys catch up and we get better odds tomorrow. In all, just don’t see the value

Very possible, thus the closest odds to even, but a lot of good guys right behind him. Very difficult to maintain 4 solid rounds, even harder to keep the lead, then win the tourney. Who knows for certain but gonna wait, post rd.3, if we’re lucky he has a meh round, couple of guys catch up and we get better odds tomorrow. In all, just don’t see the value
If he shoots 66-67 today as the odds suggest he might well be minus starting the day tomorrow

He was already the favorite of a lot of golf handicappers before the week started

By the way this is why this place is better than some other random site. This kind of discussion is simply not something you find anywhere else on the interwebs and I can promise you I'm not getting a paycheck from CTG. It's just smart people saying smart things most of the time.

That said sometimes we're just complete assholes and that's what keeps it fun. It's 5:30am and I'm waiting for tennis.

If you told me this would be my life 30 years ago it's likely I'd challenge you to a match

If he shoots 66-67 today as the odds suggest he might well be minus starting the day tomorrow

He was already the favorite of a lot of golf handicappers before the week started
True KJ, just personally don’t see the value at +180 when there’s a lot of golf left. I’d lay -200 comfortably if I was confident he’ll lift the trophy tomorrow noonish. Just think it’s too early.

But if anyone likes him to win, might try to catch it live, at better odds as rd.3 progresses. Surely the gap can close, even if it’s just for a short period.

Reactions: KJ
So many guys packed at top...

Agree with this post

So many guys packed at top...

Agree with this post
I don't see one person outside of Collin that scares me. I guess the case can be made for Rory but not really for me.

None of anyone else has remotely finished anything in the last 15 years outside a hooker maybe

Meanwhile Reno just polished off two breakfast sandwiches in the parking lot.

16 mins till tee off.
We have had 4.7" of rain in last two days and my tournament got wiped out. I think I watched 12 hours of various golf yesterday, and then went to baseball. Cabin fever in the middle of fucking July.

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
We have had 4.7" of rain in last two days and my tournament got wiped out. I think I watched 12 hours of various golf yesterday, and then went to baseball. Cabin fever in the middle of fucking July.
That actually sounds incredible

Drought here in GA can't get any rain at the course. Our fairways are baked
The whole thing is exhausting. In this place we know it's gonna suck with heat but even swimming the last couple days has sucked. It's hot, dry, scorched, you name it. Thing is this is supposed to be the time of year we get some killer rain and it's not happening.

Scottish recap- -20u posted. Hurts but can't win every week. Might be back for more Rd.4 if something pops but it won't be a chase. GL rest of the way fellas and be back next week, fresh for the Open.

Rd1: 1-3, -8
Rd2: 2-2-1 -1.77
Rd3: 1-4 -10.2

Yeah, we received the 5 inches. Brutal.

The whole nation behind you rooting for you to win, how do you react?

Rd.4 Bobby Mac under 68.5 -165 8.5u(DK)

Splitting with my bro in law

Hard to follow up a 63, 2 behind and up against the Nordic stud. He’ll hang in there, runner up last year too, winner this year already. Might lay more..

No one in Scotland or England will give a shit about golf tomorrow

People are already begging for England to bring the trophy home, those of us not there are pulling for Spain

Mid/late Summer housecleaning to see where I'm at YTD. For my own tracking, I need to do a better job of recapping each tourney for quick calculations so there are some gaps there, PGA Championship and RBC specifically for May. I know I won in both tourneys, just didn't record the # of units. All other tourneys are/were recapped on Sundays.

Will be gone for the better part of August, home for week of BMW (volunteering) and out again. Crazy how a whole month can just disappear that like.

Jan +13.55u
Feb -8.5u
Mar +26.95u
April -7u
May -11.2u
June +53.27u
July (less 3M) -26.5u

YTD: +40.5u golf posted plays.

Leggo 3M, should be quite the contrast from Scottish golf.

Back