2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Tournament Matchups
English -116 vs. Pendrith 1*
Poston -121 vs. Power 1*
English -112 vs. McNealy 1*
Theegala -112 vs. Thompson 1*

Hey @laopadak ...

Talk to me about Castle Pines!

I remember it from the old tourney back 20 years ago. With that being said, I'd love to have some local knowledge.

Thanks bro!

Love their doing it at Castle Pines. Didn't realize the BMW was there a couple times (2013-2014 maybe?) Nice to see them throw altitude and elevation change into the playoffs. Going to make the practice rounds much more important than usual.

Love their doing it at Castle Pines. Didn't realize the BMW was there a couple times (2013-2014 maybe?) Nice to see them throw altitude and elevation change into the playoffs. Going to make the practice rounds much more important than usual.
Was it really?

I had forgotten then.

BMW was at Cherry Hills in 2014 when Billy Ho won

Reactions: KJ
Was it really?

I had forgotten then.
Yeah read up on some of CP today. Think the first two holes are dramatically down in elevation and the rest of the front 9 is more coming back up that drop. Over 8100 yds in total and 350 ft or so change in elevation.

Hey @laopadak ...

Talk to me about Castle Pines!

I remember it from the old tourney back 20 years ago. With that being said, I'd love to have some local knowledge.

Thanks bro!
Wish I had some info to share but last time I was there was as a spectator for the International Tournament, some 18 years ago, lol. I remember seeing the likes of Ernie Els, Davis Love III and Rod Pampling lol. Haven't been afforded the opportunity to play this course...yet.

Although long, course seems gettable and average scores should be in the minus 3-6 range. Weather should be good but afternoon storms might affect play / scores for short periods of time. I found this course / hole layout video helpful-

Clark recorded the DIA train message, welcoming visitors to Denver and wishing everyone a good time at the BMW.

I'm volunteering and will be there all-day Friday and Sunday. Shift starts at 6AM both of those days (leaving the house at 4:30AM lol). Shifts end at 1:30PM so will be walking / following the late wave both days. I have the option to attend Thursday and Saturday but will be watching from home, live betting (hopefully).

Paging @mrtake as I think he lives down south and might have some insight on this course.

I just watched the hole by hole layout, and it just looks like a fabulous golf course with Nicklaus bunker characteristics for every possible pin placement. Should really be fun to watch!

This is probably the most challenging course in Colorado because you first have the altitude, and then you have a lot of elevation change, which can be a challenge. It’s very tough off the tee, and then around the greens you have to be very precise. At altitude where we normally don’t play, that’s going to be difficult. You’re going to see a lot of us Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, spending a lot of time on the range with Trackmans and all the measuring devices on distance, trying to figure out how far the ball is going. ~Wyndham Clark

Clark prob has most recent experience on this track playing it 25-30 times.

This is probably the most challenging course in Colorado because you first have the altitude, and then you have a lot of elevation change, which can be a challenge. It’s very tough off the tee, and then around the greens you have to be very precise. At altitude where we normally don’t play, that’s going to be difficult. You’re going to see a lot of us Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, spending a lot of time on the range with Trackmans and all the measuring devices on distance, trying to figure out how far the ball is going. ~Wyndham Clark

Clark prob has most recent experience on this track playing it 25-30 times.
Interesting on Wyndham.

Was just thinking about this today. Think that day was when I finally switched from calling it a double eagle to an albatross. Let's be honest, not many times in life you just jump ship but that was one of them.

Also seeing Beemer kissing wifey takes me back to maybe 3-4 years later at the Phx Open in a tent somewhere...Beemer was in there and said he had cat scratch fever lol. Guy was all about the skirt chasing. Classic figure for the sport.

Wish I had some info to share but last time I was there was as a spectator for the International Tournament, some 18 years ago, lol. I remember seeing the likes of Ernie Els, Davis Love III and Rod Pampling lol. Haven't been afforded the opportunity to play this course...yet.

Although long, course seems gettable and average scores should be in the minus 3-6 range. Weather should be good but afternoon storms might affect play / scores for short periods of time. I found this course / hole layout video helpful-

Clark recorded the DIA train message, welcoming visitors to Denver and wishing everyone a good time at the BMW.

I'm volunteering and will be there all-day Friday and Sunday. Shift starts at 6AM both of those days (leaving the house at 4:30AM lol). Shifts end at 1:30PM so will be walking / following the late wave both days. I have the option to attend Thursday and Saturday but will be watching from home, live betting (hopefully).

Paging @mrtake as I think he lives down south and might have some insight on this course.
takeit and I do live down south but have very limited knowledge as we've never set foot on the course. What I do know is that there is not a lot of room around the course so setting up the grandstands could lead to errant shot potentially getting rewarded with free drops especially on the final few holes. I know a caddie out there and he said the rough is VERY thick - 4-6 inches at some points and the greens are perfect and will be running crazy fast. He also said the boys seem to be struggling a bit with altitude and having consistent distance gains based on various ball flights and been putting a lot of work with their launch monitors. One last bit is with all the trees around the course, if the winds pick up it may be hard to predict once the ball goes above the tops of the trees so that could impact some distances also. Can't say there is much more information that I have but I'll see if I can get any tidbits from the caddie there.

Took my boys to a junior PGA event this afternoon at BMW. They got some pointers from hall of famer, Hale Irwin, and their golf jerseys signed. One of their teammates was there early and got Payton Manning and Landeskogs autograph.

Walked the property for an hour or so- a lot of elevation, pristine condition and awesome views everywhere.

IMG_9171.jpegIMG_9174.jpegIMG_9178.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9172.jpeg
    IMG_9172.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Really bummed that I can’t find any over/under round bets for BMW. Wasn’t around for St. Jude, were they available?

Gonna dig further and hope to have a play for tomorrow. Really limited options but hopefully live plays pop up.

Really bummed that I can’t find any over/under round bets for BMW. Wasn’t around for St. Jude, were they available?

Gonna dig further and hope to have a play for tomorrow. Really limited options but hopefully live plays pop up.

Awesome pics. Great looking kiddos!

BMW had them everywhere. Even Fanatics.

Yeah, I know they are sparse right now taking talked to my local golf circuit.

Several USA, offshore and PPH missing totals.

Rounds scores up at most books now
Appreciate the heads up. I've been lurking since Tuesday and see some decent selections at Fanatics. Gonna check others this AM as we have ample time before first tee times. Seems they've moved tee times due to potential afternoon storms. FYI, these afternoon storms in Colorado are typically very short, not long drawn out ones like other states.

Wife and I upgraded our wedding bands in Paris last week so I spent a pretty penny on the family euro trip. Going a little larger and pressing some, for a big week. Hopefully this works out.

Rd. 1 BMW

Scheffler to eagle +550 1u (BetRivers)
Burns to eagle +650 1u (BetRivers)

ADD: Hovland under 70.5 -150 5u(FD)

Adds to follow, GL this week boys.

Last edited:
Fanatics over/under off the board once first group went out. Still available on FD FWIW. Not the low scoring rounds I was expecting so far but I think it improves through the week, should present some good over/under value in the long haul.

Rd.1 add- Finau -140 v. Bhatia 5u (Fanatics)

1-3 rd.1 -3.6. Heading out for my volunteer shift and will look to add a “live from” play.

Course played tougher than I had thought, especially the par 5’s. Seems distance control and unfamiliarity with the greens is proving to be difficult but should get better as week progresses.

Rd.2 plays, all on FD

Bobby Mac under 71.5 -120 5u
Cantlay under 70.5 -120 5u
Burns -120 v. Connors 3u

GL on your plays today

1-3 rd.1 -3.6. Heading out for my volunteer shift and will look to add a “live from” play.

Course played tougher than I had thought, especially the par 5’s. Seems distance control and unfamiliarity with the greens is proving to be difficult but should get better as week progresses.

Rd.2 plays, all on FD

Bobby Mac under 71.5 -120 5u
Cantlay under 70.5 -120 5u
Burns -120 v. Connors 3u

GL on your plays today
Great job today!

Back