2023 Portal Thread

Cristobal is the worst coach in the country who only got the job because he played there and is friends with a bunch of guys on the board of trustees.

Lol. I don’t disagree there. His only redeemable quality that makes me think there worse is I think he actually a fantastic oline coach, problem is once you become the head guy at big programs you prob not willing to be demoted back to offensive line coach! Lol. He has put together some fantastic offensive lines tho, gotta give him that! He has also made some the single handed worst in game calls I’ve ever seen!!! I think Brandon Staley could give him a run for his money, the 2 worst head coaches in my lifetime right behind Freddy kitchen!! Lmao

Riley Leonard in the portal. Notre Dame thought to be the destination, but sounds like AU may be in the mix. Leonard is from Alabama.

I would love nothing more than for Hugh Freeze to be awful. I'm not sold on him as a championship caliber coach at all, but I think he's pretty good. I'd give him more than this year, that roster was a disaster when he got there, and I'm not sure it's not the worst roster in the conference outside Vandy

Riley Leonard in the portal. Notre Dame thought to be the destination, but sounds like AU may be in the mix. Leonard is from Alabama.

I would love nothing more than for Hugh Freeze to be awful. I'm not sold on him as a championship caliber coach at all, but I think he's pretty good. I'd give him more than this year, that roster was a disaster when he got there, and I'm not sure it's not the worst roster in the conference outside Vandy
I don't see him challenging Alabama and Georgia consistently but I think he will win plenty.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
VY texas team will always be my favorite cause I won the biggest bet of my life in Vegas when they beat usc!! I still have a Vince young titans jersey!! Lol
I was at the game...best ever. Next night Vince was at the Wynn with a very large possee...knew right then he was headed in wrong direction.

I was at the game...best ever. Next night Vince was at the Wynn with a very large possee...knew right then he was headed in wrong direction.

Lol. That’s awesome. That was actually my 1st trip to Vegas, hence why it tuned out to be my biggest bet ever!! We went for New Year’s Eve that year. Ended up w 3300 to win 3k on texas +7 then I had another 2k on texas ml around +260 I think!!! I’ve won little more on a future before but that was easily my biggest single game win and totally made my 1st trip to Vegas. Was so great watching such a amazing game in that atmosphere at the sports book!!!

The roster was destroyed. That’s why you gotta write this year off. I know Auburn hates saying that

Tyler Buchner has entered the portal....as a lacrosse player. Read that he was going to go to Michigan at one point, maybe he's going there to help Harbaugh with the signs he doesn't have yet

Tyler Buchner has entered the portal....as a lacrosse player. Read that he was going to go to Michigan at one point, maybe he's going there to help Harbaugh with the signs he doesn't have yet
Oh, you too?

You might want to check yourself at the door here bud after a decade plus of steroids and boosters paying at Alabama. That's CHEATING to the highest degree.

Also, you're a smart guy. I know you KNOW BETTER than to think Jim orchestrated a covert sign stealing operation. The NCAA has said as much that he wasn't involved.

Lastly, you might be singing a different tune months down the line. We're very early in this book, very early.

Boise starting QB enters portal. Backup just had MCL surgery. Will have to start a true freshman or a walk-on in the LA Bowl vs UCLA.

Last edited:
Boise starting QB enters portal. Backup just had MCL surgery. Will have to start a true freshman or a walk-on in the LA Bowl vs UCLA.

Also UNLV starting QB just entered.
100% why no one should be betting any non playoff game yet.

My hope was full squads UNLV and Kansas.

Boo.

Oh, you too?

You might want to check yourself at the door here bud after a decade plus of steroids and boosters paying at Alabama. That's CHEATING to the highest degree.

Also, you're a smart guy. I know you KNOW BETTER than to think Jim orchestrated a covert sign stealing operation. The NCAA has said as much that he wasn't involved.

Lastly, you might be singing a different tune months down the line. We're very early in this book, very early.

I don’t care one way or the other, just think it’s funny. Looks like I struck a nerve. If Alabama cheated as much as auburn fans and the big 10 thought, there would be even more banners

Sounds like he’s going back to Notre dame. Apparently they are defending champs in lacrosse. Good for Buchner

I don’t care one way or the other, just think it’s funny. Looks like I struck a nerve. If Alabama cheated as much as auburn fans and the big 10 thought, there would be even more banners
Oh, you didn't strike a nerve.

I just didn't expect baseless statements from a non MSU/OSU guy, and also someone I have high respect for as a handicapper and person.

Just a weird statement.

That's all.

The steroids were no secret. The money with half the schools in no secret. This isn't some conspiracy theory. That's college athletics.

Sounds like he’s going back to Notre dame. Apparently they are defending champs in lacrosse. Good for Buchner
I never did get to that part. He wasn't on any list for the UM potentials.

Fwiw, they are taking a portal QB no matter JJs status next year.

Oh, you didn't strike a nerve.

I just didn't expect baseless statements from a non MSU/OSU guy, and also someone I have high respect for as a handicapper and person.

Just a weird statement.

That's all.

The steroids were no secret. The money with half the schools in no secret. This isn't some conspiracy theory. That's college athletics.

The steroids thing is news to me. At least it being a widespread thing. I know it’s been linked to Nebraska back in the day. Maybe it was a thing back in the 80s or 90s, before I got into a position in life where you get to know certain things. Paying players is a tale as old as time for every program obviously. Some more aggressive than others, for sure.

Anyway, it was just a comment I stole off one of our boards. I honestly don’t really know anything about the sign stealing thing as I legit don’t care and haven’t read anything deeper than a tweet or two.

Also UNLV starting QB just entered.
I haven't seen anything saying that Maiava has entered. Just tried Google News over the last 24 hours and not a peep. Where did you get that?

Wouldn't surprise me if he enters, I just can't find anything on it.

I haven't seen anything saying that Maiava has entered. Just tried Google News over the last 24 hours and not a peep. Where did you get that?

Wouldn't surprise me if he enters, I just can't find anything on it.
Dave Cokin tweeted it. I just went back to find the tweet and it's gone. I guess he deleted it.

Reactions: KJ
In the stuff than should be news to no one here Aiden Chiles officially announced his transfer to Michigan State today following the head coach. Incredible situation for him.

Back