2020 US Open

Medvedev +650

My reasoning for this is his draw is unbelievably favorable. Rublev is the only player in his qtr that I see as a serious threat to him. May also take the -120 on Medvedev to win his qtr but I usually stay away from such short odds.

Schwartzman +1600 to win his qtr

This is a very tough qtr with Tsitsipas being the big favorite followed by Zverev and Anderson who face off in the first round. I have no faith whatsoever in Zverev who double faults at an incredibly high rate. Schwartzman is one of the best competitors in the game and has done well in this tournament before. I wouldn't expect him to beat Tsitsipas if they meet up but 16-1 to win the qtr is pretty good odds. This player is one of my favorites on the tour and this little bet gives me added incentive to root for him.

Kenin +1800

Wide open tournament as usual in the womens game. At 18-1 give me Kenin who is the best competitor in the sport.

Good shit bro....took....

Tennis ATP US Open - Quarter Winners 2nd Quarter - Stefanos Tsitsipas +115*

2/2.30u

ATP US Open - Quarter Winners 2nd Quarter - Diego Schwartzman +1,600*

.50/8u

Agree on the comments above by brewers....it's between these two imo.

Stefanos is the kind of guy that is a sensitive dude in some respects and feels pressure due to age and hype...he will be good with the no crowd. This week kind of showed that, even though he lost..he made a good run and hung pretty good with some power servers. I like him getting a few days off.

Schwartz has shown he can make it far.

I don't bet against Joker on hard courts...dude a fuckin machine. Sticking with the quarter.

Medvedev +650

My reasoning for this is his draw is unbelievably favorable. Rublev is the only player in his qtr that I see as a serious threat to him. May also take the -120 on Medvedev to win his qtr but I usually stay away from such short odds.

He definitely should win his draw, but when he breaks down, he really breaks down. He's a more quiet Kyrgios

Gotta have major balls betting against Joker...dude gives zero fucks about shit...just a fuckin rare human on the hard surface. Unless his neck/shoulder bothering him, he should cruise. He might lose to Milos today, but he knows his body..quick turn around Monday, gotta be happy with making it far.

Gotta have major balls betting against Joker...dude gives zero fucks about shit...just a fuckin rare human on the hard surface. Unless his neck/shoulder bothering him, he should cruise. He might lose to Milos today, but he knows his body..quick turn around Monday, gotta be happy with making it far.

He did call out the trainer during his last match. No doubt he wins it if he is healthy but I just can't lay -125 on it happening.

Haven’t checked the draws yet. No way I’m laying odds on Novak, I don’t trust that shoulder, and best of 5 sets, it’s only going to be more of a factor. Of course I say this and he probably doesn’t drop a set lol.

I saw brewers mention Anderson plays Zverev 1st round. Is Kevin fully healthy? I know he was out for a while and last week he took out Edmund and looked pretty good but had nothing left the next day against Tsitsipas

Is Sloane Stephens playing? She’s been absolute trash and a money burner since her title.

I think Serena loses early as well, not round 1, but she’s not there mentally. I think the pressure of winning that slam is getting to her, she knows she only has limited time left.

I’ll take a look at the draw tomorrow night or Sunday and post.

Just checking up the first round matches and there are more players in this tournament that I have never heard of before than any grand slam I can remember.

Ok. Here we go. Plays for Monday’s US Open are as follows...

ATP

Koepfer +6

Donskoy +3.5

Thompson -165

Novak -175

Anderson +5

WTA

Paolini +6

Kerber over 20

Kasatkina +3.5

was looking at a few others but this is already more plays than I’d like. Hope I don’t take a bath on day 1 lol

Am I the only one who believes men should be paid more than women in tennis? For lower tournaments I agree, pay being equal is fair, as both are playing best of 3 sets. But, in the majors, men are playing best of 5, to the women’s best of 3, doing more work should result in more pay imo? If women got paid the same they would actually be earning more for performing less “work”. You want the same play best of 5 as well. People who say they can’t, are refuting their own arguement that lower pay is considering them inferior. Saying they are incapable of playing best of 5 sets like the men is considering women inferior to men? Just don’t understand the logic for equal pay when everything is not the same.

sorry for the rant

ATP

Koepfer +6

Donskoy +3.5

Thompson -165

Novak -175

Anderson +5

WTA

Paolini +6

Kerber over 20

Kasatkina +3.5

was looking at a few others but this is already more plays than I’d like. Hope I don’t take a bath on day 1 lol
Good luck

Martic to win Quarter +700 .5-3.5
Martic to win Open +4000 .25-10

Sevastova to win Quarter +2500 .5-12.5
Sevastova to win Open +20000 .25-50

Teichmann to win Quarter +2000 .5-10
Teichmann to win Open +20000 .25-50
Sakkari to win Quarter +1000 .5-5
Sakkari to win Open +4000 .25-10

Swiatek to win Quarter +2000 .5-10
Swiatek to win Open +6000 .25-15
Konta to win Quarter +450 1-4
Konta to win Open +2000 .5-10

Martic has the easiest path imo for that quarter of the draw, can't really see her losing before the quarters match. (I do like bellis/brady, and rus)

Sevastova is me continuing to fade osaka like an idiot. She also has value that is being hidden by her round 1 matchup in coco, but if she gets past that I really like her odds.... just 1 month ago she took out bertens/svitolina/kvitova. (I do like the kontaveit/collins winner)

Teichmann with a pretty solid august record (7-2), losing to Brady (who I like) in the finals, and kontaveit (another one I mentioned above that I do like) in cincy... she'd have to get through keys early but that's not so fearful.

The 4th quadrant I think is the toughest draw.... I'm avoiding the bottom half of it, as anyone can come out of it... and taking konta, who should atleast get to the semis of the quarter, and swiatek who was a rising player that tennis experts liked.....only azarenka/sabalenka (who play each other first) are the threats to play in this quarters final.

Martic to win Quarter +700 .5-3.5
Martic to win Open +4000 .25-10

Sevastova to win Quarter +2500 .5-12.5
Sevastova to win Open +20000 .25-50

Teichmann to win Quarter +2000 .5-10
Teichmann to win Open +20000 .25-50
Sakkari to win Quarter +1000 .5-5
Sakkari to win Open +4000 .25-10

Swiatek to win Quarter +2000 .5-10
Swiatek to win Open +6000 .25-15
Konta to win Quarter +450 1-4
Konta to win Open +2000 .5-10

Martic has the easiest path imo for that quarter of the draw, can't really see her losing before the quarters match. (I do like bellis/brady, and rus)

Sevastova is me continuing to fade osaka like an idiot. She also has value that is being hidden by her round 1 matchup in coco, but if she gets past that I really like her odds.... just 1 month ago she took out bertens/svitolina/kvitova. (I do like the kontaveit/collins winner)

Teichmann with a pretty solid august record (7-2), losing to Brady (who I like) in the finals, and kontaveit (another one I mentioned above that I do like) in cincy... she'd have to get through keys early but that's not so fearful.

The 4th quadrant I think is the toughest draw.... I'm avoiding the bottom half of it, as anyone can come out of it... and taking konta, who should atleast get to the semis of the quarter, and swiatek who was a rising player that tennis experts liked.....only azarenka/sabalenka (who play each other first) are the threats to play in this quarters final.
Considered a swiatek future as well. Good luck scope

Schwartzman is doing his best to blow my futures bet on him in the first round. He won the first two sets and is now in the 5th. I just hate losing a futures bet in the first round of a tournament.

Last edited:

ATP

Koepfer +6

Donskoy +3.5

Thompson -165

Novak -175

Anderson +5

WTA

Paolini +6

Kerber over 20

Kasatkina +3.5

Awful awful day. 2-5-1. Of course leans I had Collins and gauff overs both win but it is what it is. Gotta regroup for tomorrow.

Someone tell me why karlovic is getting so many games vs gasquet? His serve on a hc should get him to tiebreaks and be hard to break?

also looking at kohlscreiber as a dog. He’s usually good at the open.

still looking

Someone tell me why karlovic is getting so many games vs gasquet? His serve on a hc should get him to tiebreaks and be hard to break?

also looking at kohlscreiber as a dog. He’s usually good at the open.

still looking

I don't think that Karlovic has been playing any matches at all. Gasquet has at least been active but you are right that the Karlovic serve should keep him in sets.

I don't think that Karlovic has been playing any matches at all. Gasquet has at least been active but you are right that the Karlovic serve should keep him in sets.

yeah. He’s almost retired, but getting 5.5 or 6 games with him on a hc is enticing. Hard to see him being broken more than twice in the match. Could see 7-6 6-4 7-5 kind of score at worst I’d think

Tuesday

ATP

Tiafoe -170

Wolf -145 taking a shot fading Pella who is coming off a positive covid test.

Kohlscreiber +120

Karlovic +6

Would like to parlay Murray with someone

WTA

Buzarnescu +5

Swiatek -145

Venus +4

I'm 0-2 and have "outta mothballs 'clijsters left.

i'll post ifI fallinto fade a friend status

Tuesday 4-4 (5-4 if you count grigor which I won’t even tho I said I’d be on him, never posted an official line on it). Tough day. Ivo blew the 2nd set and tanks the 3rd to lose the hc, Venus chokes the 2nd set to lose the hc by 1, and buzz saw almost coveted her line we well lol.

overall 6-9-1 blahhh. Wed will be better

Back