2019 St. Louis Cardinals

Then there the cashners of the world who early in his career the analytics folks drulled over cause his insane k rate but he never pitched up to his projections, then his stuff deteriorates but he learns to pitch and started outperforming his advanced metrics at times.

I don’t have anything against the analytics, I use them pretty much with every game I cap. I just think they are one of many valuable tools and it a mistake to take them as the be all end all for a lot of reasons, On top of that list is some the things they consider luck I have a real problem with.

What do you think of using xfip or fip

What do you think of using xfip or fip

No problem with. Since we on the subject it drives me crazy when you say “like era but factors out luck” (thought you should know that! Lol). Truth is i rely on xfip a lot if I haven’t seen a guy cause think it probably more accurate than era on what to expect. I like SEIRA quite a bit.

I like Gant and all but wtf, this a spot for Reyes. Shildt gonna piss me off some more!!

Another stellar day at the plate from Fowler.

No problem with. Since we on the subject it drives me crazy when you say “like era but factors out luck” (thought you should know that! Lol). Truth is i rely on xfip a lot if I haven’t seen a guy cause think it probably more accurate than era on what to expect. I like SEIRA quite a bit.

Lmao the factors out luck bit was my editor‘s invention :)

I am so confused to why Gant pitched 9th and now Reyes closing instead of hicks? Shildt really starting to annoy me w his in game decisions.

All more reason I’m starting to worry bout Mikolas. Bad outing vs milw understandable, vs this pirates lineup not so much.

Wtf up with practically every cards game coming down to last ab? Not a fan.

I guess youre not an adrenaline junkie like me :)

I guess youre not an adrenaline junkie like me :)

I’m a junkie junkie. Lol. Functional user is more accurate and fair but not as funny.

Sure I like adrenaline, like going crazy fast in car or on bike. Jumping off high shit into water fun. I did used to traffic the shit out some weed, lot of things I did back then were a rush.

Just be nice to have some easy wins!! You know there no chance in hell we make playoffs in this division like that!

Put this day up on list of really dumb organizational decisions. They really trusted the weather man and cancelled opening day way ahead of time. Dunno who they been watching but these guys barely know the weather when it happening let alone a day in advance!! It probably gonna turn out ok but can’t believe they did so soon, what a disaster if we didn’t get much rain Thursday but then it rained Friday instead! Lol. I was kinda rooting for it.

Put this day up on list of really dumb organizational decisions. They really trusted the weather man and cancelled opening day way ahead of time. Dunno who they been watching but these guys barely know the weather when it happening let alone a day in advance!! It probably gonna turn out ok but can’t believe they did so soon, what a disaster if we didn’t get much rain Thursday but then it rained Friday instead! Lol. I was kinda rooting for it.

You can always google methods of witchcraft to wars off the rain :)

Maybe I’m just hating cause not going this year, lol. Still seemed really curious they would put so much trust in our dumb ass weather men. Wasn’t all that long ago they were calling for decent snow and never happened then snowed the following day w no mention. Happens around here a lot. Hell, I think last Friday they said severe storms and nothing around the city, all was way north or south.

Shildt at it again. This dude a fucking moron at in game managing. Bases juiced 2 outs and he lets wacha hit. Wacha already at 80 pitches w 6 god damn walks. No way he pitches more than 1 more inning!! You telling me the pen can’t get 3 extra outs to give us w chance to take the lead?! With a pads pitcher out the pen who was struggling to throw strikes and only thing he could get over the plate Martinez or O’Neal would have punished. Starting to miss matheny, that how stupid this clown is.

Andrew Miller proving his worth yet again. Who is evaluating these relievers jesus this is Greg Holland-bad

Andrew Miller proving his worth yet again. Who is evaluating these relievers jesus this is Greg Holland-bad

Holland, gregerson, they gave Cecil crazy money, Loene we traded for doesn’t look like anything special. How the hell they draft and develop pitching better than anyone but no matter how much money we throw at pen they all terrible!!! Makes no sense.

Waino been a pleasant surprise tho

Well, today yes, In pit not so much. I figure prob see lot of inconsistencies from him. Damn sure wouldn’t want him pitching to milw lineup but he prob have some good days like this vs easier lineups to navigate.. way more worried about our bats and pen than him at moment,

Hopefully Yadi builds off today.
Ozuna and Fowler back to being their usual shit. Fuck these baseball players who take a ton of money and then suck. selfish assholes I hope nobody in the club house talks to that fatass or that worthless loser

Hopefully Yadi builds off today.
Ozuna and Fowler back to being their usual shit. Fuck these baseball players who take a ton of money and then suck. selfish assholes I hope nobody in the club house talks to that fatass or that worthless loser

Not worried about yadi. He give what he always does. .270-.280ish 15 or so bombs and timely good ab’s, he like Ozzie, any offense a bonus.,. It the corner outfield spots that the problem. Lineup be so much better w Martinez and O’Neal. O’Neal might hit 200 but bet he hit 30 bombs if he gets 600 abs. It beyond stupid Martinez isn’t starting.

Not worried about yadi. He give what he always does. .270-.280ish 15 or so bombs and timely good ab’s, he like Ozzie, any offense a bonus.,. It the corner outfield spots that the problem. Lineup be so much better w Martinez and O’Neal. O’Neal might hit 200 but bet he hit 30 bombs if he gets 600 abs. It beyond stupid Martinez isn’t starting.

Can‘t imagine it good for club morale to trot out a loser like Fowler every day. Maybe comparable to the meltdown the Jags D had as Bortles was quarterbacking. And how much better Cards started playing last year when we fired Matheny and fixed the bullpen. Players try harder when management shows it wants to fix things and win!

Cards +111.... I just don’t think stripling is all that good, for all cards faults at the plate they are top 5 in majors in hard contact rate so think they can hang some crooked numbers tonight. I’d love this play more if Fowler garbage ass wasn’t back in lineup, how long will this keep up?? Hudson and his heavy sinker I think will have a strong showing tonight. Feel like this a 50/50 game so once again I’ll take the plus money.

Hudson sinker allows him to really navigate his way out of jams, he can basically pitch around left handed bats than wipe out baserunners w ability to get ground balls. Kinda living dangerously but effective vs a tough lineup w lot of lefties which been his biggest weakness.

How can these morons continue to justify playing Fowler, look at Martinez and O’Neal when they get a chance to play!! Combined 6 for 9 today yet 2marro they both be back on bench and Fowler be back in 6 spot being a automatic out. Shit insane. Just eat this shitheads money already and be done w him. How depressing is it that loser is set for life? Talk about undeserving, Mfer should be homeless.

How can these morons continue to justify playing Fowler, look at Martinez and O’Neal when they get a chance to play!! Combined 6 for 9 today yet 2marro they both be back on bench and Fowler be back in 6 spot being a automatic out. Shit insane. Just eat this shitheads money already and be done w him. How depressing is it that loser is set for life? Talk about undeserving, Mfer should be homeless.

When I read this post I thought our boys lost lol. Be a little happy for the sweep brother? :)

Why are the Cards off on a Friday??

I just got home and looking at card, looking everywhere thinking must be some kind of mistake. Other than having opening day Thursday and Friday off in case of rainout (like this year) I’m not sure I’ve ever seen teams off on Friday?? For a 2 game sat/sun series in cincy? I’m actually positive I’ve never seen this before! Makes no sense...

Back