2018 NBA Free Agency and other Player Movement

Say it's more a mentoring role for Toilet Paper.

Charlottes new HC a former Spurs assistant, did TP a solid.

Boris Diaw got a crib in NC as well and other frenchie Batum there also.

Indicates the Spurs are in rebuild mode. Kawhy? the final piece that needs to be dealt.

Zach Lavine secured the bag from Vlade, putting his hand in the worst GM race once again.

Grizz just signed Kyle Anderson from the Spurs, 4 years 37 milly.

Slowest team in the league just signed a dude nicknamed Slo-Mo, Grizz still choosing to go backwards.

Brainless front office.

Memphis needed to make a play on Melo for real. Perfect fit, imo.

Dubs waiting for Jerebko to clear waivers and sign him.

Jonas would be a nice fit on that team.

Melo to the Lakers?

Another reason to hate Bron signing... if Melo goes to the Lakers... I actually liked Melo, but with Bron and Melo in LA - what will be left for Kuzma and Ingram?! Not to mention that it still won't make Lakers contenders, just means another player that hogs the ball and takes X shots from the young players...

And they are saying they look for veteran presence and someone to mentor Kuzma... Yeah... this is the player you want to mentor Lakers young players... :thumbsdown3:

Lebron is smart enough that if melo comes hes a 6th man at best right?

Hes not taking minutes from ingram or kuzma

Steve kerr did an interview with the athletic about boogie singing

Mentioned he checked with steph, ks, dray, and iggy

No klay?

Klay to the lakers next summer

DhJahA_W0AAtVhK.jpg

Kawhi has become the odds on favorite to go to Toronto??

The chances of him resigning with Toronto seem highly unlikely

Was just about to post that

Players love toronto, if he doesnt go back to LA no reason he wouldnt stay

Wonder what deal would be, guessing has to be DeRo +++

Aren't we all under the impression it would have to be a sign and trade at this point? Who's giving up anything for a year of rehab Kawhi??

Hey all, just wanted to chime in with some thoughts.

I read in an earlier post about Memphis going backwards still, and that appears to be spot on. I read in a recent interview their GM actually said he wants to get back to the old "Memphis grind" which is obviously that slow grind it out style which definitely has a ceiling cap on it. It's probably good enough for a 45 win season and a playoff birth, maaaaybe a glimpse into the 2nd round of the playoffs? Shows that Memphis either has absolutely no clue OR they realize they are truly stuck and just happy to get to be in the class photo.

This Kawhi situation has really baffled me and surprised me. So...let's say Kawhi gets his wish and is finally traded to...well, anyone. Lakers, Sixers, Raptors, whatever. The way he handled things and did things in his last year in San Antonio, doesn't that open the door for future players to do that to other teams? A superstar decides he just doesn't want to play for his team anymore, uses an "injury" to basically just take the year off. That's pretty crazy that the Spurs doctors cleared him, but because his "second opinion" didn't he couldn't play. Is there no way to get a third or fourth opinion? Or lets say the Spurs do not trade him. Does he come back for a few games wearing a smile and committed to the team, only to have the "injury" flare up and his "second opinion" once again say he's not ready to go? Of course you wanna say "nah man, there's no way these nba warriors would lay down like that" but the reality is, he just took like an entire year "rehabbing".

Jimmy Butler turned down an extension offer from Minnesota. I haven't been following this too closely, people have been mentioning the youngsters on Minny don't like him? What's up with that? Anyways, his agents basically told Minnesota they think he'll be able to get more money as a free agent next summer. That might be true, we'll see. But I find it funny how NBA players are trying to be "smart" about "Oh I can make more next year" and planning with their agents about when the big payday will hit (ala Boogie doing a 1 year deal, IT doing a 1 year deal, all to try prove their worth and cash in big next summer) BUT I bet if we check with these guys 20-25 years from now they'll all still be broke.

oh and Carmelo needs to just retire. Yes I said it, he needs to just retire lol. He reminds me of Allen Iverson at the late stages of his career. Unless he's going to be THE guy...the focal point of the offense and allowed to jack up 25+ shots a night don't even bother.

Does anyone think Toronto could compete with Golden State? If they could or can, they need to hire Casey back as their head coach asap. Fired him because he couldn't get past Bron Bron and then the King goes out west.

Used to love Kawhi but now this shit is draining.

Really hope the Sixers don't gut the squad to attain this dude and his fucked up entourage.

Guy (and his crew) turned down a 22 milly shoe deal from Jordan cause he or his peeps believe he is worth more,

Guy is as marketable as haemorrhoid cream with his un-savviness approach to the media etc. He should have bit on that deal in a heartbeat.

Dude getting lead down a slippery slope by dudes that want a piece of his action.

Will be surprised if all this shit doesn't affect his game on the court.

Agreed about Kawhi. Used to think the guy was a humble hard worker, fit the Spurs mold perfectly. Seems he may be a little more impressionable though as his crew is in his ear giving him horrible advice how to handle things. That being said... "Hey Kawhi! Room for one more on your bandwagon? I'll sing your praises all day for just a few hundred a day"

The thing with Kawhi is we have only heard one side of the story, his camp has barely talked

And because the Spurs and Pop especially walk on water to NBA writers , the Spurs are driving the narrative

The bottom line is and this is nothing new you have to bend over backwards for superstars , and doesn’t appears the Spurs have done that

I don’t see how he can play for them again, so going be interesting to see what happens

I’m old enough to remember when Lebron was enemy #1 in the NBA when he started having his boys at Klutch sports rep him

Go outside the NBA circle and you get slammed

Pop can do no wrong to nba writers even though he treats them all like crap

Imagine if luke walton started treating sidelime interviews and post game pressers like pop, would beco,e enemy number 1

And then you here “ well Kawhi isn’t doing himself any favors because he isn’t talking “

Bullshit , he has all the leverage all superstar players do.

Something just hasn’t smelled right with this from the start , and maybe Kawhi is all to blame , but hard for me to jump to that conclusion when it’s clear to me the Spurs camp is the one leaking all these stories ( and Agents absolutely despise that he has someone representing him that isn’t one of “them”)

So Jabari Parker is worth 20 million a year? I really wanted the Bucks to resign him as the talent is there, but he'll never be the same player (except for an even shittier defender) after the 2 ACL injuries... but holy overpay (and Bulls do have an out with 2nd year not guaranteed, but even 2 years, 20 mil is overpay)!

Yeah , but I believe it’s a 1 year deal team option for second , Bulls just trying to get to the minimum cap?

Yeah , but I believe it’s a 1 year deal team option for second , Bulls just trying to get to the minimum cap?

You beat me to updating my post. It's 2 years, 40 million, with both years at 20 each... 2nd year is a team option. That said 20 million for even two years of Jabari at this point I think is an overpay. The Bulls also had to cut two players to get his cap number in.

Isaiah Thomas thought the Brink's truck would be backing up for him this offseason.
Instead, he'll be playing for the veteran's minimum.

1531758515336.png

It had been a little more than a year since the then-Boston Celtics point guard shared that infamous quote at Las Vegas Summer League, announcing to the basketball world that it would cost untold millions for any team to land him in free agency this summer. But then came the hip injury that cut short his postseason and derailed his career, not long after his 22-year-old sister, Chyna, died in a single-car accident, followed by the trade to Cleveland in August and another relocation, this time to Laker Land, in February.
From fringe MVP candidate to fallen star to this: Thomas on Thursday agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum deal worth $2 million with the Denver Nuggets, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to USA TODAY Sports.

Lowe and windy said on Lowe's podcast raps are still major frontrunner for Kawhi

Lowe says he think derozan, siakim, 1st is kind of deal

Kind of think they would want OG instead of siakim

Would be crazy not to make that deal though masai, all the talk of Kawhi only having 1 year guaranteed is forgetting DD is a ufa in 2 yeara

Danny Ainge is cold-blooded.

Kawhi wouldn't resign with the Raps either way.

Gonna assume Philly parts with Fultz and secures the Klaw.

Kawhi, Simmons and Embiid is more appealing than Kawhi, Seasoned Salt and Serge Isucka.

He'd resign, no doubt.

Raps are doing something dangerous... If the trade doesn't happen... DeRozen can't feel too happy about Raps wanting to ship him to SA for one year rental of Kawhi...

As for Sixers... I think that Boston and Sixers need to make a play for Kawhi... you can believe in young players as much as you want... if you can have a proven player like Kawhi now... it's a risk you should take...

Boston with Hayward not as much, but Sixers...

Back