2018 NBA Free Agency and other Player Movement

DeRozan's reaction...

“Can’t trust em. Ain’t no loyalty in this game.

“Sell you out quick for a little bit of nothing…

“Soon you’ll understand…”

“Don’t disturb…”

Hope Raps will at least get one or two draft picks from the Spurs...
It should be DeRozan for Kawhi and 1st round pick at least...

Gonna bounce at the end of the season and the Raps gonna blow the rest of the team up and rebuild.

This is a risky All-in play for the chips in one season.

Desperate by the Raps, same team that sacked the coach of the year because of one dude named LeCramps who ended up leaving the conference anyway.

They teach Valecunias how to dunk this offseason ?

Lakers didn't want to give up Ingram, C's didn't want to give up Jaylen, Sixers didn't want to give up Fultz but the Raps give up their best player for a risky bet on Mr Socially Awkward.

Last edited:
Desperate by the Raps, same team that sacked the coach of the year because of one dude named LeCramps who ended up leaving the conference anyway.

They teach Valecunias how to dunk this offseason ?

Lakers didn't want to give up Ingram, C's didn't want to give up Jaylen, Sixers didn't want to give up Fultz but the Raps give up their best player for a risky bet on Mr Socially Awkward.

How is it desperate?

Derozan is a ufa in 2 years anyway and hasnt performed in the playoffs

Id much rather a gm shoot his shot, than settle for status quo

If this core didnt do anything masai said they were blowing it up in 2 years anyway when dd, lowry, ibaka all come off books

All they had to give was poetl?

Keeping siakim and og is a steal

Keeping OG and Siakim is great, wouldn't call it a steal. 1st Round pick swings it in the Spurs favor for the most part on paper at least.

Essentially the Raps have traded for a dude with some question marks who doesn't really wanna be there.

And they've got a 'rookie' HC to try and keep shit together. Remember Kawhi just locked horns with Pop.

The first is top 20 protected and after next year becomes two 2nds so not like it hurts if they want to rebuild anyway

How is it desperate?

Derozan is a ufa in 2 years anyway and hasnt performed in the playoffs

Id much rather a gm shoot his shot, than settle for status quo

If this core didnt do anything masai said they were blowing it up in 2 years anyway when dd, lowry, ibaka all come off books

Desperate because they just fired the Coach of the Year and threw their future into what is most likely gonna be a 1 year rental, a disgruntled one at that.

If it doesn't work out with kawhi they rebuild, wouldn't surprise me if masai trys to pick up someone else and go all in this year

Toronto could not run it back with that same core again

Also trading a 29 year old ufa who wants to get max paid again in 2 years, for 1 year of the 3rd best player in the league when healthy, who cares if he leaves next july for LA, he has to put up this year to get the max$$$$

You cant compare this to not giving up ingram or fultz who are 8 years younger and still under team control for a bunch more years

Again what future

Derozan is a 31 year old ufa sg who plays on athleticism in 2 years

Good luck go whomever pays him the max

The only future they mortgaged is 2019/2020, and if anything that accelarates a rebuild that would have been coming in 2020 anyway if the team didnt win

They didnt give up young players

You guys shit on derozan all the time for dissapearing in the playoffs, now hes untouchable?

Again what future

The only future they mortgaged is 2019/2020, and if anything that accelarates a rebuild that would have been coming in 2020 anyway if the team didnt win

You guys shit on derozan all the time for dissapearing in the playoffs, now hes untouchable?
Good points. Now, let's see where Kawhi has his head this year. That's the big thing.

Again what future

Demar 27-28 years old from memory. Basically in his prime.

Good points. Now, let's see where Kawhi has his head this year. That's the big thing.

Yep, it is

But even if it doesnt workout, i dont disagree with the deal

Current raps werent getting past boston unless OG and Siakim blew up this summer

Much rather take the chance with kawai wanting to play hard, than winning 55 games and going out in 5 or 6 in the 2nd or 3rd round whenever they play boston

Demar 27-28 years old from memory. Basically in his prime.

Hes 29 in 2 weeks, in his prime now, def a few more years left

I dont want to be pay a 31 year old 2 guard who cant shoot 3s a 4 or 5 year deal in 2 seasons when hes a ufa, do you?

I see Boston not being the force they're expected to be.

Role players got more than a taste recently, creates a little discord.

Had Raps, Sixers then Boston as my #1, #2 and #3.

Not sure now with Toronto.

Agree with BAR though, gonna come down to Kawhi's mental state.

Traded to not just another conference but another country.

His uncle wanted the money and now he's got to deal with Canadian taxes.

So many potential issues here.

I think the only reason for this trade is just to see at least one star heading from West to East and not the other way around :)

Now it's time for the Wolves to trade Wiggins to the Raps for Leonard :hypnosis:

We need to get rid of an awful contract for a guy that doesn't seem to care about winning.

Now that it's sunk in, the Raps won this deal right now.

Start a rebuild by renting Kawhi for a year.

Pops just wanted to stay somewhat competitive in the West and trade his former flame somewhere he didn't want to go.

DeRozan the most butt-hurt in this move.

I guess they hope/ believe that Bron will keep everyone in check and that they need to gamble if they want to be strong team this season already...
But that looks bad, especially since Lakers young talent will be surrounded by terrible role models... just horrible...

s6Dazb3-

Bruce Bowen won’t be retained by Fox Sports West who cover the Clippers after he ripped Kawhi

I know there are a lot of people in LA who think that Clips have just a good of chance of signing him if not better than Lakers

Bruce Bowen won’t be retained by Fox Sports West who cover the Clippers after he ripped Kawhi

I know there are a lot of people in LA who think that Clips have just a good of chance of signing him if not better than Lakers
It's business, nothing personal

Athletic just wants their name attached to all the news he breaks on twitter , probably smart business

His actual writing is blah

Doesn’t Durant have an option next Summer?

Would not surprise me if he is a Laker next season

Back