2018 NBA Free Agency and other Player Movement

DhJBS5bXUAE1BtI.jpg

Dubs intent on breaking the league.

Guarantees him a ring before hooking up with the Lakers the following season.

Boogie’s injury obviously career threatening. Never seen a big man rebound from an Achilles but thought he could. Clearly the Pelicans wanted nothing to do with him.

Durant bolting Dubz after this season too, btw.

Cousins is terrible defensively and flat footed. Of course they have to sign him but this team is moving so far from what made them amazing a few years back. They were essentially eliminated this year if Chris Paul doesn’t get injured. Never forget.

Cousins is terrible defensively and flat footed. Of course they have to sign him but this team is moving so far from what made them amazing a few years back. They were essentially eliminated this year if Chris Paul doesn’t get injured. Never forget.

Really ? Not sure the Rockets would have eliminated them. That would have required a pair of perennial chokers winning a big closeout game.

Kawhi the final piece of the puzzle.

Surely his arm gets twisted to go East unless his 'squad' are as insanely ignorant as they're rumored to be.

Free run to the ship out East with Philly, Brad 'can't win a big game' Stevens and the Choke City Raptors the only bridges to cross.

Boogie's injury is about a year recovery, so he should be in shape and ready to go once playoff starts.

NO risk at all for GSW, and high upside for Boogie as he will be featuring when the games matter. Could get a big long term deal if he performs well. ONly risk really is that he just doesn't get much playing time because GSW are set in their rotations, but he will be a big help vs Rockets I think.

Last edited:
Boogie will be hoisting threes. Was in the top 30 in attempts last year.

They could rest 2 starters each night and easily win 60 games. Honestly dont think you can put a roster of any 5 guys in the nba and beat them.

Great signing.

Free run to the ship out East with Philly, Brad 'can't win a big game' Stevens and the Choke City Raptors the only bridges to cross.

Kawhi has won a title, one where he was the centerpiece, not sure trips to ECF are going to motivate him to sign after this season. Its risky for 76ers, give up a bunch of assets for what appears to be a rental

Can we just move the pels to seattle now?

Or do we have to wait till next year when they trafe AD for 1 quarter, 1 dime, and 2 nickles on the dollar

I really hope Lakers go all in for Kawhi, go big or go home, you've been shit for 5 years , do it , west would be incredible if they do it.

As a dubs fan I see why a lot of people don't like it. It's not fair. Or competitive. And it's for a 3-peat.

That front court though of KD, Draymond, and Cousins. Hell, the back court of the splash brothers.

can't believe they signed that piece of shit cancer; he's not even worth $1. this is a decision the warriors organization would have made in the early 2000's.

I think lonzo can shoot, he was decent after that horrible start

If they do trade him now isnt the time, let him build back up his value

I actually think lonzo a good fit for lebron, best passer hes ever played with as a guard, will let him play more off ball and rest more

All this being said Achilles tears are the fucking worst man and Boogie is a large mofo.

Looks great on paper, just saying but the Dubs are gambling here.

Just gotta ask Elton Brand. Right handed big man that wrecked his left achilles just like Cousins.

When he returns he'll be limited AF with the minutes. Not a league breaking signing by any means once you let it sink in.

He gets to take his time, come back in a 20-25 minute per night role around the all star break, occupying Zaza/Javale/Looney minutes, can help serve as an offensive hub when Kerr insists on having both kD and Steph sit for stretches, rebound, keep them from getting bullied in the post by anybody, and at times help close when they need offense late in games.

The hidden silver lining is this motivates Jordan Bell to work on his craft as Boogie breathes down his neck, he’ll be crucial for them - definitely more so than Boogie.

The extremes here are “Oh man they got the best center in the league” and “off an Achilles year he’ll be completely useless anyway” - I think the reality will be somewhere in the middle.

The extremes here are “Oh man they got the best center in the league” and “off an Achilles year he’ll be completely useless anyway” - I think the reality will be somewhere in the middle.
I actually think it will be one of the extreme options... I doubt that Cousins that is a huge headcase, can suddenly turn a corner. He either will fit well and be a big success or he will have trouble fitting in and he isn't the guy that will keep his thoughts to himself...
I think that one of GSW's biggest problems here is that they got opposite goals. They don't need Kings or even Pels Cousins - someone that will be the star of the team, focal point and so on... They need him as a version of Iggy (true big man for death unit) - someone that will fit in to the plan, won't take more than he needs and so on... It's hard already to give Curry, Durant and Thompson all the touches they need/ want.
But... Cousins wants to get max contract next summer - for that, he needs to prove he can be the main guy and carry the team... Can he put GSW needs above his? Not sure... It will be great to watch, regardless of the outcome... It will be either a truly historic team or maybe a move that started the fall of the Warriors empire...
GSW already had some issues regarding ego and style of play and so on last year... Cousins can really make things worse :)

I think lonzo can shoot, he was decent after that horrible start

If they do trade him now isnt the time, let him build back up his value

I actually think lonzo a good fit for lebron, best passer hes ever played with as a guard, will let him play more off ball and rest more

Maybe, but Lonzo and Rondo both true PG that pass first kind of players. Bron also a great passer. Put next to them truly great shooters and they are good (maybe). Problem with Lakers right now, they don't have pure shooters... not even one... KCP is good, Kuzma is good... no one is great... Also, wonder how Bron and Ingram fit together. Bron needs to have patience with Lakers young players... Bron never been surrounded by young talent. Can he become mentor and have the patience to take a step back and focus on teaching and improving his teammates? I hope so...

All of their shooting will improve because they are going to get more open shots than ever before

Having another pure passer with lebron is never a bad thing

Lonzo's shot is ugly but he was a pretty good shooter in college, can't compare his shooting to Rondo at all

What would make it interesting is playing both of them together...but I'm a Suns fan and they never met a PG they didn't like, well until now

Lonzo's shot is ugly but he was a pretty good shooter in college, can't compare his shooting to Rondo at all

What would make it interesting is playing both of them together...but I'm a Suns fan and they never met a PG they didn't like, well until now
Speaking of the suns, i just looked at their roster now

What a weird roster construction

Okobo is their starting pg right now, unless its brandon knight coming off an acl

Booker is their only real 2 guard, unless troy daniels gets minutes

At the 3/4 they have, ariza, bridges, jackson, warren, bender, and chriss

Ayton, chandler, and len at 5

Why did they sign ariza again? Warren, bridges, jackson all should be playing 25+

Bender too really, chriss seems lost cause

Yep that PG spot is the big point of contention here obv but Ariza was a bit of a head scratcher other than a one-year vet purchase

Len no longer here, Chandler off the books after this season

Not sure what happens w/Chriss and even TJ, I'd heard that's why they wanted Bridges to replace him

Guessing B Knight must be progressing better than anticipated, hope so

I am in a Lakers town....oddly a lot of the Laker fans hate that they got LeBron. They are Kobe guys. Not sure why they couldn't be both but it is interesting. I assume that changes once they start balling but it is an odd thing.

Assuming kobe was 5th best Laker ever, does this drop him out of the top 5 or would they not consider LeBron a laker?

Kobes will still be the face. Dagger man matters. It's why we love Jordan. It's why I hated Kobe (off court stuff means zilch)

Back