2017 Early Lines

Mahomes getting some love now I see.
I would have him over the NC turd all day

Mahomes getting some love now I see.
I would have him over the NC turd all day

As he should! I have 1u on Mitch 1st QB +125 and .25u on Kizer +600 so from betting standpoint I'm just betting it's not Watson. Don't think Pat (+1800) is going to get enough love to usurp any of those 3.

duds here is my guy I'm going to start promoting for the 2019 NFL draft. If he stays for his senior year he will be the first player in FBS history to have 400+ career catches.

[video=youtube;IOBIcu0OrQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOBIcu0OrQU[/video]

Been busy working on next year and betting some stuff along the way. Here are some futures and week 0/1 (There are several games the week before Labor Day weekend) I've bet so far:

2017 Nat'l Title Winner:

FSU +700 (.25 unit)
Penn State +3100 (.10 unit)
Washington +3650 (avg price) (.25 unit)
Ok State +4500 (.10 unit)
WVU +6000 (.10 unit)
Miami +8000 (.10 unit)
Wisconsin +8000 (.10 unit)
Stanford +9000 (.10 unit)
Pitt +30000 (.05 unit)
USCe +30000 (.05 unit)

Week 0:
USF -9/9.5/10 -120 v. SJSU

Week 1:
Colorado St +6.5 -120 v. Colorado (N)
USCe +7.5 -120 v. NC State (N)
GT +6 -120 v. Tennessee (N)

Three games the first weekend, kooky.

I get the Australia game obviously...

Big matchup in Foxboro too ;)

Funny that game way back when in Austin between Phil Steele's 2016 Most Improved Team, Texas Longhorns, would set the table nicely for his soon to be 2017 Most Improved Team Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

I prob won't watch every team this spring but of those I do - I may share some things I see. I watched the Zona spring showcase and here is what I wrote down:

Arizona - Still looks like they are going to struggle to throw it this year. RB #21 JJ Taylor was the best player on the field (I went back and looked he broke his ankle in 2016 right after an 18 for 168 game against Hawaii and super impressive 19 for 97 against Washington in the OT loss). He said he is 80% and if he is 80% after what I saw he will be at the combine wowing scouts two years from today. He is only 5'6 180 - reminds me a lot of NC A&T's Tarik Cohen (He ran 4.42 today at combine). There was another RB that impressed me #33 Nathan Tilford - he is a bigger back looks more prototypical NFL although he is a freshman so still lots of filling out to do. Funny thing is - as things stand today - both those guys could actually be listed at #3 & 4 on the depth chart so Zona is real solid at RB. Good thing too because Dawkins didn't really look to have improved any as a passer so far - perhaps he looked more comfortable playing the "Point Guard" spot in the Zona offense but he didn't show me anything downfield. That being said, his backup Tate is even worse. They had two white QB also that repped some that (stereotypically) lacked some of their cohort's athleticism but looked like more polished passers. The TE #8 Trevor Wood looks like he could be a really solid weapon in the red zone. Nothing stood out to me on the defensive side for Zona - few shiny toys of offense, particularly JJ Taylor were the takeaways. Side note: They signed a super intriguing QB this year K'Hari Lane - this is a great article if you don't know anything about him and are a CFB nerd like me http://mag.bleacherreport.com/k-hari-lane-quarterback-recruiting/

Just got done watching Duke:

Daniel Jones put weight on in off-season should help him in full season to hold up as a runner. Ben Humphreys their awesome LB out for spring after shoulder surgery. Helps to develop some depth alongside JGH in the 4-2-5 (Both 100+ tackles in '16). Special teams huge emphasis under Cutcliffe and seemed to be in this day as well - Parker good kicker and punert and he looked good. #29 Wilson and #22 Brown nice two headed tandem at RB - Wilson shiftier and great edge speed and Brown a better option between tackle - he RS last year but looks nice. First team DL looked nice but with the two recent DL kicked off team I think depth could be an issue there later in year. #59 Hornbuckle looked nice on DL and #99 Mike Ramsay. Ton of turnover in secondary but #9 Jeremy McDuffie moved over from CB to strike safety (most important position on Duke D) and he looked awesome - Cut actually singled him out and said he had best spring of any on team - secondary inexperience prob still a concern but he looks like real nice in that Jeremy Cash role and honestly they have pieces and some improved athleticism I'm cautiously optimistic. CB Brandon Feamster has good length and he really impressed. WR depth looks nice to complement Rahming - #8 Young looks like nice red zone option. The Duke Backup QB Harris looks very capable - good athlete and throws nice deep ball. I think he could step up and play well like Jones LY if needed. OL play inconsistent that appears to me to be the weak spot for this entire team at the moment and I don't think they are terrible. Uncharacteristic center snap issues consistent during day. Overall, Duke's recruiting is in a place it's never been and this is probably the most talent on a Duke team that I can ever remember. That's good too because they've played a notoriously easy OOC schedule but this year 3 of their 4 OOC are against bowlers. Record wise they may not improve over last year but they will be a tough out and good ATS team, I think.

Just sort of an aside - the only two practices I've seen so far are Zona and Duke. The coaching gulf between Cutcliffe and Rich Rod is MASSIVE. Just from the way they run a practice and scrimmage and speak to their players - it was profound. Coach Cut is the best - what a guy.

Just got done watching Duke:

Daniel Jones put weight on in off-season should help him in full season to hold up as a runner. Ben Humphreys their awesome LB out for spring after shoulder surgery. Helps to develop some depth alongside JGH in the 4-2-5 (Both 100+ tackles in '16). Special teams huge emphasis under Cutcliffe and seemed to be in this day as well - Parker good kicker and punert and he looked good. #29 Wilson and #22 Brown nice two headed tandem at RB - Wilson shiftier and great edge speed and Brown a better option between tackle - he RS last year but looks nice. First team DL looked nice but with the two recent DL kicked off team I think depth could be an issue there later in year. #59 Hornbuckle looked nice on DL and #99 Mike Ramsay. Ton of turnover in secondary but #9 Jeremy McDuffie moved over from CB to strike safety (most important position on Duke D) and he looked awesome - Cut actually singled him out and said he had best spring of any on team - secondary inexperience prob still a concern but he looks like real nice in that Jeremy Cash role and honestly they have pieces and some improved athleticism I'm cautiously optimistic. CB Brandon Feamster has good length and he really impressed. WR depth looks nice to complement Rahming - #8 Young looks like nice red zone option. The Duke Backup QB Harris looks very capable - good athlete and throws nice deep ball. I think he could step up and play well like Jones LY if needed. OL play inconsistent that appears to me to be the weak spot for this entire team at the moment and I don't think they are terrible. Uncharacteristic center snap issues consistent during day. Overall, Duke's recruiting is in a place it's never been and this is probably the most talent on a Duke team that I can ever remember. That's good too because they've played a notoriously easy OOC schedule but this year 3 of their 4 OOC are against bowlers. Record wise they may not improve over last year but they will be a tough out and good ATS team, I think.

Just sort of an aside - the only two practices I've seen so far are Zona and Duke. The coaching gulf between Cutcliffe and Rich Rod is MASSIVE. Just from the way they run a practice and scrimmage and speak to their players - it was profound. Coach Cut is the best - what a guy.
Tennessee really fucked up letting Cut go. Even after Fulmer, they could have kept Cut & Chavis "Chief" around and think what could have been. That University is getting what it deserves right now

Tennessee really fucked up letting Cut go. Even after Fulmer, they could have kept Cut & Chavis "Chief" around and think what could have been. That University is getting what it deserves right now

Curious to hear your thoughts on this - do you think if Kiffin chose to stay UT would be back towards the top of CFB now?

Curious to hear your thoughts on this - do you think if Kiffin chose to stay UT would be back towards the top of CFB now?
I was one of the few that thought Kiffin did a good job and still don't blame him for leaving for his dream job.
Honestly, Vols probably would be on probation right now if Kiffin were still the HC

I was one of the few that thought Kiffin did a good job and still don't blame him for leaving for his dream job.
Honestly, Vols probably would be on probation right now if Kiffin were still the HC

haha fair enough. Some of the more informed Vols I know think the culmination of him bolting and the hire of Dooley just set the program way back and killed any momentum they had going around that time. I personally rooted for Dooley, as much as I'll root for a vile, seemed like a nice guy but that was a bad hire.

Been busy working on next year and betting some stuff along the way. Here are some futures and week 0/1 (There are several games the week before Labor Day weekend) I've bet so far:

2017 Nat'l Title Winner:

FSU +700 (.25 unit)
WVU +6000 (.10 unit)
Miami +8000 (.10 unit)
Pitt +30000 (.05 unit)
USCe +30000 (.05 unit)

Week 0:

Week 1:
Colorado St +6.5 -120 v. Colorado (N)

Updated Action - added Ville and NC St futures and more on Rams v. Buffs - this will actually be game 2 for them now - they moved the Oregon st game up to week 0 in august - huge advantage, IMO.

2017 Nat'l Title Winner:

FSU +700 (.25 unit)
Louisville +1900 (.25 unit)
WVU +6000 (.10 unit)
Miami +8000 (.10 unit)
NC State +10000 (.05 unit)
Pitt +30000 (.05 unit)
USCe +30000 (.05 unit)

Week 0:

Week 1:
Colorado St +6.5/7 -120 v. Colorado (N)

When did they move the game to week 0?

Sorry if I didn't articulate that properly. Colorado State will have one game under their belt now when they play Colorado. Today the news below broke and was what I was referring to:

Oregon State will now open its 2017 football season at Colorado State on Aug. 26, giving the Beavers an additional bye week and allowing Colorado State to open its new stadium with a marquee game against a Power 5 opponent.
The Aug. 26 date is the earliest OSU has opened its season. The Beavers now have open dates on Sept. 23 and Oct. 21. OSU's home opener will be against Portland State on Sept. 2, before another home game against Minnesota the following week. The Beavers' Pac-12 opener is Sept. 16 at Washington State.

Consequently, Colorado State will be the early favorite to win the PAC-12 after starting 2-0 with wins against Oregon State and rival Colorado.

Updated Action - added Ville and NC St futures and more on Rams v. Buffs - this will actually be game 2 for them now - they moved the Oregon st game up to week 0 in august - huge advantage, IMO.

2017 Nat'l Title Winner:

FSU +700 (.25 unit)
Louisville +1900 (.25 unit)
WVU +6000 (.10 unit)
Miami +8000 (.10 unit)
NC State +10000 (.05 unit)
Pitt +30000 (.05 unit)
USCe +30000 (.05 unit)

Week 0:

Week 1:
Colorado St +6.5/7 -120 v. Colorado (N)

What impact will the week 1 loss by either FSU or Bama have on their natl title chances?

What impact will the week 1 loss by either FSU or Bama have on their natl title chances?

Not a backbreaker, IMO. We haven't seen the two loss team make the playoff yet, and there is still the chance the loser could run it, but I feel like this year we probably will. I definitely think whether it has been BCS or now the CFP an early loss is much easier to overcome than a late one with how polarized people get with recency biases.

Not a backbreaker, IMO. We haven't seen the two loss team make the playoff yet, and there is still the chance the loser could run it, but I feel like this year we probably will. I definitely think whether it has been BCS or now the CFP an early loss is much easier to overcome than a late one with how polarized people get with recency biases.
especially if its Bama

I might have phrased it wrong...

I was asking if this just did this now? If so, I didn't know they could change the week of a game less than 6 months out...

especially if its Bama

Good point.

It's a big advantage for CU to have video of CSU in action.

I guess we will just disagree here. In my experience as an athlete and from everything I've ever heard from coaches they would absolutely trade that game film the buffs will have for having a live ammo game under their belts. If this was a situation where it was a brand new staff for Col St, sure, I could seed some advantages but even then no way I would consent to that being a larger edge than having played a live game. You will hear it a million times in the lead up to week 1 for some or week 2 for others about how coaches expect and see so much improvement from game 1 to game 2.

I might have phrased it wrong...

I was asking if this just did this now? If so, I didn't know they could change the week of a game less than 6 months out...

Yep.

FORT COLLINS — Football coaches can craft long, successful careers if they're good at making adjustments, and Colorado State's Mike Bobo has already hit his biggest audible of 2017 before the Rams have suited up.

No bye week?

No problem.

Bobo and members of his staff found a solution, athletic director Joe Parker executed the plan and now the Rams will open the season — and their new on-campus stadium — against Oregon State on Aug. 26. It will be the earliest home opener in program history, the earliest start to the season since CSU played at Virginia on Aug. 22 in 2002.

"It was myself and Coach (Will) Friend and (director of operations Tom) Ehlers and Joe on the schedule when it came out. We were looking at it and comparing everybody's schedule," head coach Mike Bobo said. "At first, it was, well, it is what it is and accept the challenge. Then it was, let's make a call and see if they're interested."

Bobo had combed the schedules of the other non-conference opponents and targeted Oregon State, as the Beavers also had a tough stretch it could break up.

Parker said CSU originally saw the schedule three days before the public release, and in that time, they were able to draw up a solution. Parker called his contacts at Oregon State, informed president Tony Frank of the plan and went to work.

Advertisement

Parker said there was some back and forth between the school's coaching staffs and athletic departments. He said Geoff Martzen, CSU's director of player personnel, received a text from a friend at Oregon State asking if CSU was looking for a competitive advantage, and when CSU was able to convince them the sole intention was to land a bye, Parker said the process moved smoothly.

"I didn't know what to expect. You never know what a program is going to say when you ask something like that," Parker said. "They saw all kinds of great reasons for their program to do it because it gave them a bye at a critical moment of their schedule."

With the switch, the Rams now have a bye that virtually comes in the middle of their season, taking into account the start of fall practice, and breaks up the season by non-conference and conference play.

It also allows CSU a bye week between its two longest road trips of the season. They travel to Alabama on Sept. 16th, then insert the bye before its longest road trip — to Hawaii to begin Mountain West play.

From Oregon State's standpoint, the Beavers were facing a run that included a home date with Minnesota, back-to-back trips to Washington State and CSU, followed by a home date with Washington, a road game at USC and back home for Colorado. Now, they add a second bye week to break up the stretch, then get another after facing the Buffs.

"The ultimate goal is you want to win every game you play, but you want to put yourself in position to play for the conference championship and win, and we looked for avenues and got with Joe and were able to move the Oregon State game to Week Zero," Bobo said. "We thought it made sense for us, and luckily it made sense for them. It's still going to be challenging, playing two Pac 12 teams back-to-back, but I think the break before we start a challenging conference schedule will be good for our football team.

"We play some physical football teams, and depth is a concern, and you get beat up in those games. You want to play well and you want to win, but at the same time, you don't want to put yourself in a position where you can't compete in conference. I believe that gives us the best chance to do that."

The on-campus stadium — touted as on time and on budget since construction began in the summer of 2015— is to be completed by June 9, with the football staff moving into their offices on the west side around June 19. The academic and alumni personnel on the east side will move in late July and early August.

The first home game was originally set for Sept. 9 against Abilene Christian. This moves the planning for opening the new stadium up by two weeks, which Parker doesn't feel will cause any additional issues, for the school or its fans.

Single-game tickets are not on sale, so that wasn't a hurdle, and he said there was no need to alter the timeline for ticket distribution for season-ticket holders, as those will be sent out well in advance of the first game.

"We're hopeful that we're six months out, so that will give everyone a chance to adjust their schedules," he said. "We've always got a lot of work to make sure we're prepared. There's not too much. Doug (Max, the senior associate athletic director of facilities operations) checked with the city and the city's law enforcement, everything we need to manage traffic and make sure there is enough security in place, that there wasn't anything interfering in the community."

Naturally there was going to be excitement for the first home game with a new stadium, now Bobo feels the atmosphere will be even more electric considering there are not a lot of teams playing that week, as well as the opponent being a bigger school. It also marks the first week of school on campus, so getting students to the game is not an issue.

Even with the creation of the bye, the layout of the season still has its quirks, namely playing the first two conference games on the road (and three of the first four away from Fort Collins). In that stretch, the Rams travel to Hawaii, then to Utah State, which they felt was odd. As it turns out, it is more the norm in the Mountain West.

The 2016 season is the only time since Hawaii joined the conference a team has not had a road game following a trip to the islands. New Mexico did it in 2012, San Jose State in 2013, Utah State in 2014 and San Diego State in 2015. In each case, all of them beat the Warriors, but only the Lobos lost the following road game.

The early start will require some adjustments to the planning of fall camp, and can the team get in the full allotment of 29 practices before facing Oregon State. Given the circumstances, Bobo feels those are issues easier solved than the complications of playing an entire season straight through.

"That will be the challenging part, but I know we'll be excited about it," Bobo said. "At the end of the day, we've got to play them all, but I felt this gave us a chance to be ready and rested going into conference play."

Mike Brohard: 970-635-3633, mbrohard@reporter-herald.com or twitter.com/mbrohard

cliffs on CSU and CU?

CSU - Top 3 group of 5 offense (42+ in final 6 games) that returns 84% of production and get back 9 starters on defense so should improve on that side. Side note: you are going to want their WR #4 Michael Gallup on the Aints in 2018 - I think he does bad, mean and nasty things to a totally rebuilt secondary. Mike Bobo will be HC in ACC or SEC by 2019 at latest, prob next year. Just a really solid team that is trending up.

Colorado - Has, IMO, one of the worst projected P5 QB slated to run their offense. They weren't good on offense last year and look to prob be worse this year. Defense which is what made them who they were is decimated by graduation - they rank 126th in returning production and lose multiple guys in secondary to day 2 of NFL draft and they haven't recruited anything close to the level you need to in order to survive losing the most senior laden team in CFB the year prior. Lost their DC Leavitt to Oregon and the perfect storm that culminated for last year's success is done and they take big step back this year.

Revenge game for Col St in what is usually really tight series - they won SU three years ago, lost by 3 in OT two years ago and Col raked them 44-7 to open last year. Col St the better team and now getting a game under their belts to boot - wrong team is favored.

or
FLA ST really

any big name will get it.......

Pedo didnt......I thought they shoulda been in over Ohio St personally. Likely woulda got Mouse stomped too.....maybe just not as bad

You know what will be forgotten by many about that game and how all that went down. I took Penn State +21 against Ohio State in that game - IN HAPPY VALLEY. Think about how much has changed since that game and just how unlikely they were to win it. They just took off on a totally diff trajectory after that game and now the program is back. Crazy how much one game can change a program and culture, etc.

You know what will be forgotten by many about that game and how all that went down. I took Penn State +21 against Ohio State in that game - IN HAPPY VALLEY. Think about how much has changed since that game and just how unlikely they were to win it. They just took off on a totally diff trajectory after that game and now the program is back. Crazy how much one game can change a program and culture, etc.

Crazy indeed.

They got steam-piled at Michigan, couldn't stop a fly against Pitt, had a close one versus Minnesota and then were short dogs home to Maryland. Then boom, an upset win and the offense took off...

Now, they had to comeback against Wisky and there was that incredible series of events in the Rose Bowl but they were gritty and never quit...

All this, and James Franklin is their coach ;).

10-3-1 to the over last year too.

And going back to that...not quitting etc...and making plaays at the right times...

How could I forget that IU game...nothing on it but just a typical IU ats tease.

Crazy indeed.

They got steam-piled at Michigan, couldn't stop a fly against Pitt, had a close one versus Minnesota and then were short dogs home to Maryland. Then boom, an upset win and the offense took off...

Now, they had to comeback against Wisky and there was that incredible series of events in the Rose Bowl but they were gritty and never quit...

All this, and James Franklin is their coach ;).

10-3-1 to the over last year too.

I had forgotten about some of those details - nuts.

I think they were clearly a year ahead of schedule and I think they should be better this year. Full season and couple off-seasons in the Jo-Mo offense helps to negate losing Godwin who I keep thinking more and more each day is a special player. Another team that didn't have the crazy swings like they did that was a year ahead of schedule was VT - problem for them, IMO, is they lost too many offensive weapons unexpectedly (QB Evans, WR Ford, WR/TE Hodges) a year early to the draft I think they may end up having a 2017 like the 2016 many expected. I know they have lot of talent at the QB spot and Fuente has earned the benefit of the doubt at that position but I don't know it just feels like a lot to replace, esp early in year.

And going back to that...not quitting etc...and making plaays at the right times...

How could I forget that IU game...nothing on it but just a typical IU ats tease.

Wasn't it tied at half and into the 3Q and ended up being a bloodbath? I vaguely remember that - was maybe the week after that Ohio State game or maybe two weeks after?

Wasn't it tied at half and into the 3Q and ended up being a bloodbath? I vaguely remember that - was maybe the week after that Ohio State game or maybe two weeks after?

After O$U they plowed Purdue and Iowa at home before going to Bloomington.

Score was tied at half, IU led after 3 quarters. Hoosiers led 31-28 with 4 mins left and lost 45-31 with the final score being a short scoop and score with under a half minute left, I believe.

I'd have to find the line history but I believe this game was all about the line you had (as how that fumble recovery was a front door or back door). I know some show 6 but I believe it opened around -7.5 to -8 or at least was there at some point early in the week.

IU had more yards, were much better on 3rd down, won the turnover battle 2-0 I believe and held Barkley to 33 for 58.

Few of my buddies had IU, that is why I remember so vividly. I was on vacation and my phone kept getting blown up.

IU had more yards, were much better on 3rd down, won the turnover battle 2-0 I believe and held Barkley to 33 for 58.

Few of my buddies had IU, that is why I remember so vividly. I was on vacation and my phone kept getting blown up.

I've been going back through and watching bunch of various teams games from last year - would love to find this one in condensed format. I watched the Mich/FSU game again last week - still not sure how I lost my under bet - everything changed on that bad Francois throw away/pick 6. Mich did me wrong esp after losing the tOSU/Mich under as well - that one was one of my better bets in what was a great season and still didn't win it.

Colorado Spring Showcase: Kabion Ento WR looked good as RZ target - he has a 44 inch vertical at 6'3! Think he will be a breakout player this year. Lefty kicker Porter looked solid and has some nice ink. Montez looked fine on the short throws but I didn't seem him connect on any of his deep shots. He was 5-8 at one point for 30 yards and then he ripped a nice 30ish yarder to fields down seam. I've been pretty critical of Montez and I don't think it's his skill set that is lacking I think it's just more a lack of consistency he seems to be a very streaky player. Physically he is very gifted and I think with the talent this team has at the skill positions and the RPO type stuff they do he will be fine. I think it's a very safe assumption that far and away the most talented unit are their wide receivers. Lindsay sat out at RB because of his value to team. The defense looked like to me about how you'd expect when you lose that many seniors and NFL players. Oliver is a nice player at corner but the rest is wait and see. They have a very favorable schedule.

I really wanted to watch Oregon State game I think lot more to be learned there wanted to see Luton throw in live scrimmage but the PAC12 stream was broken which was really frustrating. Really can't stand their platform, frustrating. If anyone finds this scrimmage on youtube PM me or post it here, por favor.

One guy that's just one of those awesome college players that prob doesn't have a pro future is Ore St RB Ryan Wrecking Nall. He made his presence known last year and he was really one of my fav guys to watch. PFF claimed he had the most YAContact of any P5 RB and while I question the validity of a lot of their metrics, I wouldn't be surprised with this one. Guy breaks tackles like it's air wrapping him up and has a little shiftiness and Pierce is his running mate who is twitchier and real nice too. Just read a brief recap of the game and looks like no QB in their three headed race took a giant leap forward but it still sounds like Luton the Juco transfer holds the lead over Garretson and him over McMarion (sp? on all those) Team was one of my more consistent ATS winners last year and they are def trending up. Their first 4 games decide if they go bowling or not. They prob need 3-1 start to feel good about bowl (@ Col St, Portland St, Minny, @ Wazzu) Good blend of experience and some guys recruited last year that look like early contributors - two 4 stars - David Morris who I think will prob be a safety but was LB in HS - tall and twitchy WR Isaiah Hodgins.

SDSU head coach Rocky Long’s overall impression of Saturday's scrimmage: “The defense, obviously, dominated the scrimmage, but the offense didn’t play a lot of our play makers. ... Our quarterbacks who did play threw way too many interceptions and put the ball in jeopardy way too many times. I would say that added to the defense looking like they played OK.”
Long on the two biggest areas of concern in camp, the secondary and offensive line: “I think the starting safeties looked pretty good today. The offensive line has a long, long, long way to go.”

I have a pretty hot take/bold prediction for the 2017 CFB season: 5 star sophomore UGA QB Jacob Eason loses his job to incoming 5 star frosh QB Jake Fromm

Added some Heisman bets - trying to hit another Lamar Jackson like I had LY at 60/1. I only bet two guys last year though but will have more this year. Have a few more guys in mind but this was it for the first sweep:

LSU RB Derrius Guice 18/1 (.25 unit)
PSU QB Trace McSorley 25/1 (.25 unit)
USF QB Quentin Flowers 40/1 (.10 unit)
MAR RB Ty Johnson 50/1 (.10 unit)
TCU RB Sewo Olonilua 50/1 (.05 unit)
ND QB Brandon Wimbush 75/1 (.10 unit)
ORE QB Justin Herbert 100/1 (.25 unit)

I have a pretty hot take/bold prediction for the 2017 CFB season: 5 star sophomore UGA QB Jacob Eason loses his job to incoming 5 star frosh QB Jake Fromm

Added some Heisman bets - trying to hit another Lamar Jackson like I had LY at 60/1. I only bet two guys last year though but will have more this year. Have a few more guys in mind but this was it for the first sweep:

LSU RB Derrius Guice 18/1 (.25 unit)
PSU QB Trace McSorley 25/1 (.25 unit)
USF QB Quentin Flowers 40/1 (.10 unit)
MAR RB Ty Johnson 50/1 (.10 unit)
TCU RB Sewo Olonilua 50/1 (.05 unit)
ND QB Brandon Wimbush 75/1 (.10 unit)
ORE QB Justin Herbert 100/1 (.25 unit)

The little I saw of Fhromm I could see that. Hello transfer after.

The little I saw of Fhromm I could see that. Hello transfer after.

I've heard from several diff people this is a possibility. Most recently it was on a podcast, I don't recall which one, but the guy said he had heard that Fromm was talked about really highly at the Army AA game where it was clear he spent time outside of that week learning the playbook they specifically installed for just that game and that's the type off player he is while Eason relied on his fastball last year and enjoyed being more a frat daddy and chasing tail. Eason has a cannon but man do I think he has a long way to go. If Fromm is the football guy I'm hearing he is then he will take that job from him - I think Kirby will do it. Just hand the ball to your two top 10 RB, hit your huge future 1st round TE some and don't throw picks. Sounds a lot like what has worked at Bama..

Would think if that happens then Eason heads back out west to a Washington, maybe?

Perhaps, I don't know much about his recruiting story other than Jorja(Eason).

Yeah, I am taking a lot of my Fhromm 'take' from Army week and what I read and saw.

Back