2016 NFL Draft

Speaking of horrible FT shooters, heard today that Andre Drummond is open to the idea of shooting his free throws granny style. 'Bout time someone put their ego aside.

U would assume he would try n go for 20-20 yet getting beat for boards by guards on porty

He didn't want to be the man in Dallas, so it's not really a surprise he's not doing much without other stars on the floor with him.

Speaking of horrible FT shooters, heard today that Andre Drummond is open to the idea of shooting his free throws granny style. 'Bout time someone put their ego aside.
I can teach him, give me one hour a day with him.. I will only charge $300 an hour

Purplesaurus Rex kool-aid is quite possibly the best drink in the history of mankind. So glad it's back, it was missed by the masses. That is all.

Maybe this isn't the thread for this but you peoples are smart peoples, maybe you can answer this.

I'm driving home just now and I blow by a sports talk station. And the guy who's on talking about the draft is talking about how Tunsil is going to do in Miami and the whole gas mask/weed thing, etc.. Then he says, "And him taking money from a coach at Ole Miss isn't even something we need to discuss."

And that was literally the only thing they said about the topic.

WTF?

This wasn't somebody from the league, this was literally some reporter.

Now, I'm one of those people that thinks we should pay these kids. I'm also someone who believes every major program is already paying them in some way, shape or from, it's just under the table. But that aside, the rules are pretty clear. Like, overly clear.

Why would we not even talk about him taking money? I literally don't get it. What am I missing here?

Maybe this isn't the thread for this but you peoples are smart peoples, maybe you can answer this.

I'm driving home just now and I blow by a sports talk station. And the guy who's on talking about the draft is talking about how Tunsil is going to do in Miami and the whole gas mask/weed thing, etc.. Then he says, "And him taking money from a coach at Ole Miss isn't even something we need to discuss."

And that was literally the only thing they said about the topic.

WTF?

This wasn't somebody from the league, this was literally some reporter.

Now, I'm one of those people that thinks we should pay these kids. I'm also someone who believes every major program is already paying them in some way, shape or from, it's just under the table. But that aside, the rules are pretty clear. Like, overly clear.

Why would we not even talk about him taking money? I literally don't get it. What am I missing here?

Is it going to affect his performance as a pro? no

It it something that should be swept under the rug? no, but at this point there is nothing really to discuss related to the player. What needs to be discussed is the actions of the school. How many kids would not take the money in that situation? I'd say less than 5%.

It it something that should be swept under the rug? no, but at this point there is nothing really to discuss related to the player. What needs to be discussed is the actions of the school. How many kids would not take the money in that situation? I'd say less than 5%.
Joe
please tunsil is one of thousands paid somehow
who fucking cares

I told you you peoples were smart. In this case, specifically you, PU. This makes total sense to me. In terms of how will he do as a pro, this is entirely irrelevant. He's hardly going to need to hit up one of his coaches for rent money in the pros. Or, at least, if he is, he's got far bigger underlying problems.

There's also this...

Tunsil missed the first seven games of the 2015 season for receiving the use of three loaner vehicles over a six-month period without payment; a four-month, interest-free promissory note on a $3,000 down payment for buying a used vehicle; two nights at a local home; an airline ticket purchased by a friend of a teammate; and one-day use of a rental car.

Joe
please tunsil is one of thousands paid somehow
who fucking cares

Right. I agree with you that they're all getting something. Or most of them anyway. I mentioned that, but I have trouble believing that this shouldn't be a story coming out of the draft.

As P mentions, and rightly so, in the context of 'How will he do at Miami,' him taking money at OM doesn't matter. At all. Totally agree. That makes sense.

But separately, if we're all just supposed to be like 'Oh, ho hum, he admitted taking money. Everyone does it, but we all pretend it doesn't happen' strikes me as ridiculous. Or at least ridiculous in the sense that if we all know they're getting paid in some way, and we're all pretending that they're not because there's a 'rule' against it, then we need to start fucking paying these kids.

In a related story: I think we should totally start paying these fucking kids.

There's also this...

Tunsil missed the first seven games of the 2015 season for receiving the use of three loaner vehicles over a six-month period without payment; a four-month, interest-free promissory note on a $3,000 down payment for buying a used vehicle; two nights at a local home; an airline ticket purchased by a friend of a teammate; and one-day use of a rental car.

Pro-tip: If you are a believer in the NCAA, you should ignore this post because there is obviously nothing to see here.

Right. I agree with you that they're all getting something. Or most of them anyway. I mentioned that, but I have trouble believing that this shouldn't be a story coming out of the draft.

As P mentions, and rightly so, in the context of 'How will he do at Miami,' him taking money at OM doesn't matter. At all. Totally agree. That makes sense.

But separately, if we're all just supposed to be like 'Oh, ho hum, he admitted taking money. Everyone does it, but we all pretend it doesn't happen' strikes me as ridiculous. Or at least ridiculous in the sense that if we all know they're getting paid in some way, and we're all pretending that they're not because there's a 'rule' against it, then we need to start fucking paying these kids.

In a related story: I think we should totally start paying these fucking kids.
This shit has been going on before I was born..
did u see the smu 30/30? Lol

I told you you peoples were smart. In this case, specifically you, PU. This makes total sense to me. In terms of how will he do as a pro, this is entirely irrelevant. He's hardly going to need to hit up one of his coaches for rent money in the pros. Or, at least, if he is, he's got far bigger underlying problems.

It's like that with anyone this has been an issue with. The only reason it would be talked about is to take down whichever program it involves. The NFL has no need to know much of anything, and couldn't care less. He's not in college anymore, and the NFL certainly isn't going to punish him for anything that may have happened.

Pro-tip: If you are a believer in the NCAA, you should ignore this post because there is obviously nothing to see here.

Well he had to sit out, so the NCAA punished him, and Ole Miss is still currently under investigation so it's not a "nothing to see here" case, at least as far as the NCAA goes. I figured the point was that it wasn't a secret Tunsil was receiving extra "benefits" while at Ole Miss, so it really wasn't a surprise he also took some cash, and there's really nothing else to talk about.

Well he had to sit out, so the NCAA punished him (or Ole Miss did, not sure), and Ole Miss is currently under an investigation so it's not a "nothing to see here" case, at least as far as the NCAA goes. I figured the point was that it wasn't a secret Tunsil was receiving extra "benefits" while at Ole Miss, so it really wasn't a surprise he also took some cash, and there's really nothing else to talk about.

Well said. And I agree with your earlier point as well. It is only an issue any time someone wants to go hard on something like this it's about a program they don't like (in fairness, even though I'm a Gator fan I don't care about Ole Miss one way another). And you're (triply?) right in that the NFL doesn't give a fuck about anything but the bottom line. Cheated in college? Nobody cares. Beat your girlfriend? We didn't see shit.

Shit, the NFL is basically the friend you call when you want to hide a body.

Well said. And I agree with your earlier point as well. It is only an issue any time someone wants to go hard on something like this it's about a program they don't like (in fairness, even though I'm a Gator fan I don't care about Ole Miss one way another). And you're (triply?) right in that the NFL doesn't give a fuck about anything but the bottom line. Cheated in college? Nobody cares. Beat your girlfriend? We didn't see shit.

Shit, the NFL is basically the friend you call when you want to hide a body.

lol, exactly. Even if the NFL cared about things like rape, domestic abuse, assault, weapons, murder....they certainly still wouldn't care about someone accepting money or driving cars for free while in school. That type of thing would be way, way, way down the totem pole you'd have to imagine.

I think Vikes next pick should be a QB. Shaun Hill is old as fuck and we need a big arm. Determine best QB available and take him. I don't care although I lean Cook the most.

Just read this about Kessler on the site of the world wide leader......He has a chance to develop into a functional backup

AYFKM.......kid has a puncher's chance at being a mid-pack starter and quite frankly this is exactly the kind of kid that could be a poor man's tom brady.....of course, that is, if he didn't get picked by cleveland

jimmy drunk....but jimmy is saying that nobody predicted that Jared Goff would be no. 1 overall before me.......it was early september.....if not earlier

jimmy makes shitty picks.....and don't bring nothing to table....but made one solid prediction...and that is alll he got (other than a big cock and a lotta coke on the deck).....LOL........

4 WR's for browns in this draft.

lmao, now they need a QB to throw the ball.

but so many holes yet they are loading up at this position. weird.

4 WR's for browns in this draft.

lmao, now they need a QB to throw the ball.

but so many holes yet they are loading up at this position. weird.

They have so many picks in this draft. Let's see what they do with their remaining 3 picks in THIS round alone. lol

They have so many picks in this draft. Let's see what they do with their remaining 3 picks in THIS round alone. lol

12 oz Filet was superb - A
Mac N Cheese - B+
Augrautin Potatoes - D
Asparagus - C (Not a fan so it was probably capped at C+)
Wedge Salad - B+ (needed slightly more dressing and slightly less crumbles. When I asked for more blue cheese, they brought the crumbles not the dressing. Tasted good)

They have a bacon dish there too that sounded great but I couldn't bring myself to pay $16 for two pieces of bacon.

Back