2016 NFL Draft

Donks draft a guy in his 20's with a hairline in his 50's

Pro Football Rumors@pfrumors <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 5m5 minutes ago</small>
Broncos wrap up round two by selecting Georgia Tech DT Adam Gotsis. http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/04/2016-nfl-draft-results …

ChQQbgEW0AAVV4t.jpg

My friend just texted me, "I hate when teams draft a guy tight hipped"
he must have the Mayock feed on

Ugh...and he missed it by 4 feet to top it off. Pro Football Focus had a blog post stating he shouldn't even be drafted. FML

Also looked like he thought the RB wasn't going to cut off the route and continue to the sideline. The RB probably saw the 2 DB's there and realized he needed to cut it short. Probably need a bit more info before putting that on Hackenburg.

Kicker is pretty funny at this point, but if he turns out to be Janikowski, or something even close, it's not a horrible pick. Janikowski went 11th overall didn't he?

Hack does have the size and can make all of the throws according to most of the people who've talked about him. He was pretty horrible in college, but he played at PSU so how much was him and how much was it the shit talent he had around him...and their style of play?

Larry
he has bad feet, no pocket awareness and no mobility in the pocket
throw it 200 yards and through concrete, don't matter

Larry
he has bad feet, no pocket awareness and no mobility in the pocket
throw it 200 yards and through concrete, don't matter

Okay. I don't disagree. A lot of the NFL GM's seem to disagree with some of that, but they aren't exactly right most of the time, so I guess we'll see.

Ok... U just want to disagree

No, that's not what it was at all. There was a video posted that evidently showed how horrible he was. It looked like that play was a broken play with a cut off route, that's really all I said. Not saying he's good, wasn't really defending him at all. Finding one play, that may or may not have been entirely on the QB, just seemed odd so I pointed it out. Then it snowballed into this because it was assumed I liked Hackenburg based on one comment about one play that was posted. And so it goes...

No, that's not what it was at all. There was a video posted that evidently showed how horrible he was. It looked like that play was a broken play with a cut off route, that's really all I said. Not saying he's good, wasn't really defending him at all. Finding one play, that may or may not have been entirely on the QB, just seemed odd so I pointed it out. Then it snowballed into this because it was assumed I liked Hackenburg based on one comment about one play that was posted. And so it goes...
Show me the play

I do find the comments mocking other fans about high fiving and celebrating after their team makes a selection quite ironic though. Seeing as how this thread is essentially the same thing with a bunch of fans, just like we're mocking, breaking down the draft selections and celebrating/getting excited about a perceived good pick by that dude's team.

Show me the play

Christ Duds, it's 2 pages back. You commented on the play, I assumed you watched it. It's the only video that's been posted in here that showed Hackenburg, so I also figured you'd remember it. My bad.

:tiphat:

So u do not think that throw was a awful misfire by hack??

I don't know, that's why I asked the question. (yes, this started with me asking a question because I wasn't sure to me somehow gobbling on Hack's dick because I think he's great.....hahahahaha)

To me, it looked like the RB cut off the route because he saw the 2 DB's out there and Hack threw the ball quickly due to some pressure, not realizing the dude cut off the route. It wasn't a good throw either way I'd guess, but I thought it was made to look a lot worse based on the RB cutting his route off.

Larry watch it again.. Even if the WR slowed up from the defense being outside that does not excuse hack for firing 4 yds behind him

If the kid running the route slows up or not his route the ball was not close

Larry watch it again.. Even if the WR slowed up from the defense being outside that does not excuse hack for firing 4 yds behind him

Never said it did. I simply asked if the guy cutting the route short made it look worse than it was.

Again, I wasn't defending him, I was asking a question.

Was no "pressure"
its a ducking bubble screen lol u want pressure there... or don't care if u have pressure. Bring the house it's a bang bang throw

wade with the dagger

Yep, he got me. Or he got someone who may like Hackenburg I guess.

The draft is a pretty inexact science...teams whiff on "great" picks all the time. They also hit on picks that were "horrible" in many people's eyes. Like Duds said earlier, you can't really grade or analyze a draft until a few years down the road...yet all we have is people wanting to grade drafts, and fans who pretty much know next to nothing want to give their grades/opinions. It's just a pointless exercise imo. I guess it's fun?

PS - Duds, correct me if I'm wrong, but you liked JFF coming out of college and thought he'd be a pretty decent NFL QB didn't you?

Back