2016 NBA Playoffs: Second Round Discussion

I love the angles that people take against Curry after he was unanimous, just no

MVP doesn't equal most valuable to the team, that's a team MVP

Curry was MVP this year without hesitation on every ballot cast, so let's rip that shit apart

Colin Cowherd today really was amazing. Can't explain everything he talked about but it was on point.

Valuable can mean so many things, but to me it also has to include worldwide salability and as Whitlock (who I disagree with sometimes) coachability

I watch Cowherd but he's an idiot a lot, on the Curry subject he's in over his head

Valuable can mean so many things, but to me it also has to include worldwide salability and as Whitlock (who I disagree with sometimes) coachability

I watch Cowherd but he's an idiot a lot, on the Curry subject he's in over his head

The proposed show with him and Whitlock is comical -- 2 complete idiots

Cowherd is turning into a shock jock and gonna lose some of his following, especially now that he's doing that first take type bullshit. He's too commercial now.

Yeah, but the difference with Cowherd is that he's an idiot intentionally...he knows exactly what he's doing. Whitlock is just a self righteous moron, he's not putting on an act.

Valuable in the sense of basketball doesn't have to include any of that really...it should just relate to their value to their team during basketball games. I realize that's not how the award is handed out, and Curry definitely deserved it this year. Bron could theoretically win it every year if they were going on strictly "valuable."

Valuable in the sense of basketball doesn't have to include any of that really...it should just relate to their value to their team during basketball games. I realize that's not how the award is handed out, and Curry definitely deserved it this year. Bron could theoretically win it every year if they were going on strictly "valuable."

Team MVP and League MVP shouldn't be close to the same thing imo

I thought cowherds point on smaller players being much more likable was very interesting.

I only listened for about 5 minutes in the beginning but had to tune back in at 2:30 since NGT was making an appearance. :cool:

Scurry personifies work ethic in the NBA, not the biggest, most athletic or most gifted but he works hard to be where he's at.

Dude is good for the league and a deserved MVP.

Now if only some of these god-given athletic dudes would work as hard at their craft instead of just enjoying the baller lifestyle.

I was thinking about him today? Is he Jerry Rice? Worked hard and people just missed on him.....because what I am watching I canot describe anymore as far as his shooting. I am in awe like I was with MJ.

The run is incredible, and I am not saying "Oh move over Kobe, you too LeBron", but should I be?

Guy is just sick sick

Why wouldn't it? Each team has a most valuable player...and the most valuable of those players wins the MVP.

I could argue that Draymond is the team MVP

I shouldn't have to argue that Curry is league MVP and apparently would have to with exactly zero of the people that actually vote for it, first time in history

It's value to the NBA, not a particular team

If it's most valuable to the league, then we start breaking down their sponsorship money and TV ratings to see who's generated the most revenue? I thought it was fairly straight forward what the award's intentions were...again, it's now just the most "outstanding" player, or something similar.

I could argue that Draymond is the team MVP

I shouldn't have to argue that Curry is league MVP and apparently would have to with exactly zero of the people that actually vote for it, first time in history

No one is arguing that Curry didn't deserve the award this season the way that the award is really awarded. Of course he did.

So my broker had a community service day today. Something called backpacks for life. We made about 100 backpacks full of things for kids and their veteran moms. It was probably one of the most rewarding things ive been a part of. It's sad what's happening with our Vets in this country.

room up with CCC

but I agree with you fr fr

If it's most valuable to the league, then we start breaking down their sponsorship money and TV ratings to see who's generated the most revenue? I thought it was fairly straight forward what the award's intentions were...again, it's now just the most "outstanding" player, or something similar.

I agree somewhat with this but value imo extends beyond money/revenue..it's about growing popularity for the league, most outstanding can be included, making people actually stop what they're doing and give a shit. One guy has done that. He's well deserved.

So I saw the odds

Is OKC a better matchup at this point for GS?

I can't believe that after seeing results this season I guess......but does OKC have lightning in the bottle?

Regardless of what happens to OKC from here on out, you'd have to think KD is going to stay in OKC...even if it's only for one more year. He'd be wise to sign a 2 year deal with an option after the first season but he's not going anywhere yet.

Warriors without any sketchiness beat these Thunder 4-1.

But, the league is clearly invested in trying to keep this market viable and alive. The FTs tonight essentially equal the lead.

What a run by the Spurs. They'll retool. But they need to move on from Manu, West, Andre Miller, etc. Possibly even Danny Green who went from being a top tier NBA starter to a liability this season.

Losing 3 units on San Antonio under 99.5 points may rank right up there as one of my all timers

Regardless of what happens to OKC from here on out, you'd have to think KD is going to stay in OKC...even if it's only for one more year. He'd be wise to sign a 2 year deal with an option after the first season but he's not going anywhere yet.

the thinkig being the big(er) money coming after the talks? Aren't the big boys taking 1-2 yr deals like you suggested?

But they actually are lol. That's exactly what Cowherd is doing. He's an idiot.

No, Cowherd essentially said the same thing I just did. Of course Steph deserved it the way the award has been awarded and handed out for however long it's been (decades possibly)...he was making the argument that if we were really awarding it to the most "valuable" player, that Steph would be 3rd behind Lebron and CP3. Not sure too many would agree about CP3, but it's pretty clear that Lebron is the most "valuable" player in the league. Steph 100% deserved the award...it's just handed out like a best player, or again most outstanding player award.

And again, Cowherd is putting on an act. He's an intelligent dude who knows exactly what he's doing. He's also right an awful lot more than he's wrong when he's not trolling.

Steph Curry is the most valuable player in the league, the best player in the league, and playing at a level no one has seen since MJ.

It's idiotic to argue the first ever, unanimous, MVP. He's the best on every level. Far better than Lebron, Westbrook, or whomever you think it should be.

No, Cowherd essentially said the same thing I just did. Of course Steph deserved it the way the award has been awarded and handed out for however long it's been (decades possibly)...he was making the argument that if we were really awarding it to the most "valuable" player, that Steph would be 3rd behind Lebron and CP3. Not sure too many would agree about CP3, but it's pretty clear that Lebron is the most "valuable" player in the league. Steph 100% deserved the award...it's just handed out like a best player, or again most outstanding player award.

He's said all fucking week he'd vote LeBron 1st and Chris Paul 2nd. All week...like if he had a vote, he'd be the lone ranger. And he said early on, didn't watch him today, but the first three days of the week he specifically said Steph didn't deserve the award. Idiot.

Back