2016 NBA Playoffs: Second Round Discussion

hes a very good coach imo, just seen the NBA forum rip him all year

He's definitely seemed to get better, specifically in this series (playoffs really). It's the lineups and strategies he's used that is his weakness. He's in the bottom half of coaches according to those that know it better and follow that kinda thing. He's obviously a really good motivator and leader, as evidenced by his college success, and that doesn't always translate to the NBA, but he may just have it at this level as well. Kinda like Brad Stevens, except Brad is a much better coach during the games.

The rebounding proves that. Offensively, there's not much else you can do in comparison to Brook's system. You have two guys who need the ball. A system won't work.

He's definitely seemed to get better, specifically in this series (playoffs really). It's the lineups and strategies he's used that is his weakness. He's in the bottom half of coaches according to those that know it better and follow that kinda thing. He's obviously a really good motivator and leader, as evidenced by his college success, and that doesn't always translate to the NBA, but he may just have it at this level as well. Kinda like Brad Stevens, except Brad is a much better coach during the games.

Correct. He's good and improved. But I agree, sure aint no Stevens who is the #3 coach in the league behind Kerr and Pop

Correct. He's good and improved. But I agree, sure aint no Stevens who is the #3 coach in the league behind Kerr and Pop

It also helps Donovan, if his strengths are his leadership and motivating that he has players like KD, Adams, Russ, and most other players on OKC who seem to be very coachable, likeable, easy going, etc. Just seems the players fit his style very well, regardless of how great of an in game coach he is right now.

The difference between GS and OKC is GS is deep and OKC has no bench. KD and RW can't play the whole game and when they have to sit, more with RW, they struggle.

Yep, huge difference in bench for sure. Only thing would be that SA had just as much of a bench advantage vs OKC as well. It's also maybe the only other team GS can play that 2 of the best 3 players on the floor won't be from GS. Hopefully we get a good series, but watch GS take them down in 5 and make it non-eventful.

Pop lost some of his mojo in this series,

painfully stuck with West when he should have integrated Boban into the line-up amongst other things.

Tonight when he brought in Martin screamed desperation. He is to blame for their last two premature playoff exits.

He made the move in the 4th quarter of Game 4 to put Kanter, Adams and Waiters on the floor with KD.

Not sure if it was by accident or not but it turned the series, no doubt about it.

We'll see how he goes against the Dubs before we start calling him a great NBA coach.

Steph Curry is the most valuable player in the league, the best player in the league, and playing at a level no one has seen since MJ.

It's idiotic to argue the first ever, unanimous, MVP. He's the best on every level. Far better than Lebron, Westbrook, or whomever you think it should be.

I dislike Lebron but he is still the best player on the planet. Curry is the best shooter in history. His game is just not as complete as Lebron's.

i agree that curry was the most valuable player to the league this season. That's obvious. To the team though that still goes to Lebron. LBJ orchestrates everything on the court. Curry does not. Take Lebron off the cavs do they win 30 games?

Id laugh if someone took Curry over Lebron to start a team. (Put age aside)

Last edited:
It's really not even close in measuring importance (or value) to the team. Cavs don't have a Big Three, they have a Big One. Since his return, the Cavs are 4-14 in games in which Lebron doesn't play. They won 33 games the year prior to his return, and missed the playoffs all four years he was in Miami. Take Curry off the Warriors, they're still a playoff team.

I'm not sure that I can agree. Take LBJ from current Cavs and they are a legit playoff team.

I'm not sure that I can agree. Take LBJ from current Cavs and they are a legit playoff team.

Maybe in the East, which isn't saying much. Not sure they'd even be a playoff team at all, they'd be fighting for a spot, if that.

You might think, but they just don't win games when he's not on the floor, home or away. A .222 winning percentage. He's their best point guard and best post player.

I dislike Lebron but he is still the best player on the planet. Curry is the best shooter in history. His game is just not as complete as Lebron's.

i agree that curry was the most valuable player to the league this season. That's obvious. To the team though that still goes to Lebron. LBJ orchestrates everything on the court. Curry does not. Take Lebron off the cavs do they win 30 games?

Id laugh if someone took Curry over Lebron to start a team. (Put age aside)
Hell yeah they win 30 games without Lebron. They have a pretty nice team. And if we're going most valuable to a team then Damian Lillard is more valuable to Portland than Lebron is to Cleveland. You take Lillard off his team and they have NOBODY to run that team.

Was thinking Miami but for some reason I could see raptors closing it out. NBA needs a Sunday game tho so idk. If raps win do they play Sunday anyway?

If Raps win, they play in Cleveland on Sunday. I think GS-OKC is already on Sunday, though, so I don't think the NBA or Disney or any of the five families need the Raps tonight.

5dimes has it Sunday, but they probably just haven't fixed it. I'm sure they want the schedule to alternate the two conference finals, so I'm sure you're right. Anyway, the Raps play on Sunday, win or lose. Either game 7 in Toronto or game 1 in Cleveland.

If Raps win, 1st game of the ECF's is on Sunday.

If Raps lose, Game 7 is on Sunday and the ECF's start on Tuesday.

We all secretly know LeBron doesn't want to play Wade in a Finals series regardless of what he tells the media.

I'm reading those tea leaves differently. I think he wants Miami and GS.

Were-not-playing-anymore.jpg

Cramps hates Golden State but Miami, nah.

Cramps and Dwizzle is the league's biggest bromance.

Can't high-five and dance with the other team in the playoffs, like Cramps did earlier in the season when he went back to South Beach.

Best to avoid all that and wipe the floor with the Canadians.

I think he's aware of that perception, and would relish steamrolling the Rileys. And they would. All these guys have rabbit ears. Just my read.

I don't, NBA is lovey-dovey now-a-days.

Steam-rolling the team he left because he thought they weren't good enough is not a good look,

Like deliberately running over your ex-wife - the one you left for a younger, sexier version.

Cramps wasn't shown the door in Miami, he ran out of it for apparent greener pastures.

Why hasn't scola played this series?
the guy can score in a series with no one scoring

Back