2016 NBA Finals: Cavaliers - Warriors Discussion

Bad boys were good. I cheered for them to beat the celtics and lakers but those teams were not as good imo.

Really ? I think you would concede that the Lakers never repeat if not for Isiah's ankle injury and the phantom foul on Laimbeer at the end of game 6...the better team did not win the 1988 Finals imo.

They were better the following season after dumping Dantley for Aguirre and getting more court time for Rodman. Once they moved Aguirre into the staring lineup they finished 28-4 which translates to 71-72 wins over a full season(in the 80's no less). In the postseason they only had 2 losses. The young versions of Rodman, Dumars, and Salley could guard anyone...even in today's NBA.

CkqHodMUoAALkua.jpg

That is great, Em. And what you get when you let your star player play GM as well. Love watching Lebron's true colors come out in the Finals year and year out. Guy cakewalks through D-league and then becomes frustrated when actually participating against an NBA caliber team.

Really ? I think you would concede that the Lakers never repeat if not for Isiah's ankle injury and the phantom foul on Laimbeer at the end of game 6...the better team did not win the 1988 Finals imo.

They were better the following season after dumping Dantley for Aguirre and getting more court time for Rodman. Once they moved Aguirre into the staring lineup they finished 28-4 which translates to 71-72 wins over a full season(in the 80's no less). In the postseason they only had 2 losses. The young versions of Rodman, Dumars, and Salley could guard anyone...even in today's NBA.

That was the end of that lakers team run. I won't say the better team didn't win but they didn't deserve to win game six. lol at that foul call.

Draymond suspended lol. Lebron steps over him with his nuts brushing up on him and Draymond pushes him and inadvertantly hits his nuts. I know it's the past action but I don't blame draymond this time.

C'mon, he's overdue to go stand in the corner.

Not sure if it's nearly enough to get the Cavs a win, but it doesn't hurt.

C'mon, he's overdue to go stand in the corner.

Not sure if it's nearly enough to get the Cavs a win, but it doesn't hurt.
Yeah but no question that was a bitch move by Lebron. Even Charles Barkley, the Warriors biggest hater said that was bullshit. Oh well, we play without him. Who do they start in place of him? Insert Iggy in the starting lineup? Go big with Ezeli and Bogut on the front line? Maybe a Mo Speights start? I think they go Iggy but we'll see.

League got a game 7. Grats.

Hope that game 7 does not result in a fluke of Cavs going into Oracle and winning it. Total bullshit.

This ruling and suspension is a complete joke.

League got a game 7. Grats.

Hope that game 7 does not result in a fluke of Cavs going into Oracle and winning it. Total bullshit.

This ruling and suspension is a complete joke.

Don't get yourself all worked up in advance. The Cavs would have to win three in a row against a team that hasn't lost three in a row since ... (coge?), and twice in Oracle. I think your ruffled sensibilities are safe. Fucker deserved a suspension the fourth or fifth time he went for the jewels, which was probably four or five times ago. That's hallowed ground, man.

Dubs 5-2 SU and ATS without Green since he was drafted.

Only game he didn't play this season was a straight-up loss to Denver as a 9.5 road favorite though (January 13th, 2016).

It's a huge loss. He was the only guy who consistently battled on the boards. And we all know how much we get hammered on the boards with him in. Tristan going to get 15 boards by himself. I'd definitely look at a Tristan over rebounds prop next game.

Yeah, he's been the MVP so far, I think. Also allows the Cavs to hide Love just a little bit on defense, Green eats him for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack.

Best Spurs team ever (despite this years 67 win team) was the 2006 team which got knocked out in game 7 by the Mavs who had the Title stolen from them by the Heat. Coming off the 2005 Championship they added Micheal Finley and an old Nick Van Exel to a roster of Duncan, Manu, a young Tony Parker, Bowen, Horry, and Brent Barry...Duncan would absolutely dominate but I don't think they beat this years Warriors.

I know BAR hinted earlier somewhere in this thread that he considered the 86 Celtics the greatest team of all time, I hate to say it but I think the Lakers team the following season in 87 was actually better. AC Green replaced Kurt Rambis as the starting PF, and Klay's dad Mychal Thompson was added to give Kareem a legit backup. 9th guy on the roster was Wes Matthews Sr. who the season before in a 3 game sweep to the Lakers averaged 25 a game. The 86 Celtics bench doesn't match up even w/ a healthy Bill Walton, after him it was really only Jerry Sichting who I thought was average at best and an old Scott Wedman.

Team that surprisingly never gets mentioned in the GOAT team discussion is the first Pistons Bad Boys team. After they got rid of Dantley that was as good a team as I've ever seen, and Aguirre's stats look average but his fat ass could still score...was scoring 22 a game for the Mavs at the time and off back 2 back 25 pts/game seasons. Rodman and Salley along w/ Vinnie Johnson and James Edwards off the bench and the 10th guy was James Long who had started the previous 10 seasons in the league(many for earlier Pistons teams)...hell the last guy on the bench was a rookie PG Micheal Williams who would go on to be a good starter for 4 years in the league and would have been a few more if not for injuries.

No problem with that team either and you may be right...

Bingo.

Ironically, the team Detroit lost to every time that year was the Knicks(0-4). That was the Pintino Knicks who were WAY ahead of their time...

Cramps acting like a mitch right now.

Dude basically campaigned to get Green suspended.

High road, my ass.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron James reacts to Klay Thompson saying his feelings were hurt by Draymond Green's trash-talk...<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFinals?src=hash">#NBAFinals</a> <a href="https://t.co/3zuvyKwYwU">https://t.co/3zuvyKwYwU</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/742095372185538560">June 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If the Cavs lose Game 5 after Cramps lobbied to get Green suspended, then Cramp's overall legacy is gonna be severely tarnished.

Have to say their chances are a lot better now, Dray is the most important player on the court in this series, imo.

That being said, this could be the catalyst for a Splash Brothers special.

3-1 is 3-1, still a tall order any way you cut it, Green in or out.

As for Lebron, not winning one in Cleveland will hurt if that's his fate, but I think his body of work will stand pretty tall. He's already one of the greats.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" id="undefined" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding: 0px; border: none; top: 0px; bottom: 0px;"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL so hard to take the high road hahahaha
he is becoming more unlikeable with each non ring......<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

As for Lebron, not winning one in Cleveland will hurt if that's his fate, but I think his body of work will stand pretty tall. He's already one of the greats.

no doubt

however I hope he doesnt mind about talking about lack of championships a whole bunch

he goona have to take the high road on that one a ton...

If the Cavs lose Game 5 after Cramps lobbied to get Green suspended, then Cramp's overall legacy is gonna be severely tarnished.

Have to say their chances are a lot better now, Dray is the most important player on the court in this series, imo.

That being said, this could be the catalyst for a Splash Brothers special.

Precisely. Curry and Thompson are salivating at this chance to carry things tomorrow night.

So tired of the damn Monsters. They draw better than the first place Tribe.

If GSW loses and then wins the series it all but secures mvp for green. If they win tomorrow ... wow .. then what? Curry?

Gifted player but dude, with his size and strength he should be the bully not the bullied.

The crying to the teacher act is a little weak.

Cramps a spoiled baby.

feel like the league is being petty too.

Whatever you think a about Green's antics, he has worked his entire life and probably dreamed about being a finals mvp. Over this bullshit they may be stealing it from him... not to mention potentially a championship from him.

Would like to see this rule changed too. It is complete dogshit. A Technical is a technical. If a guy does something that actually deserves a suspension on its own then suspend him for that single action, otherwise it is just a foul.

The more I think about Lebron, his bitch ass should be suspended if anything for flopping. This guy is built like a truck but flops like a little girl.

5741126c1600002a00f94193.gif

feel like the league is being petty too.

Whatever you think a about Green's antics, he has worked his entire life and probably dreamed about being a finals mvp. Over this bullshit they may be stealing it from him... not to mention potentially a championship from him.

Would like to see this rule changed too. It is complete dogshit. A Technical is a technical. If a guy does something that actually deserves a suspension on its own then suspend him for that single action, otherwise it is just a foul.

I disagree... It's a penalty for those guys that are doing their bs all the time, but not enough to warrant ejection or suspension...
I wish Green wouldn't do it, so that he could play tonight, because I have my 4 - 1 bet on the series riding on it, but it was the right call.
Bron made a bitch move with Green, trying to show him who the man, while getting his ass beat score wise, but Green should have been smarter than that. He also should have been suspended imo in the series against the Thunder and there is zero reason for him to get away with this BS twice...

HE will go down as never being able to win a championship without forming a dream team - I love seeing Cleveland fans now giving him a pass, the excuses never stop for this crybaby of an athlete.

Back