2016 NBA Finals: Cavaliers - Warriors Discussion

If you think the rebounding for the Cavs and shot blocking is even in the same league as OKC you simply don't watch enough NBA.

Triston Thompson and Channing Frye are not Adams/Ibaka.

And the Cavs are not even close to the Thunder athletically.

They are a superior offensive team to the Thunder but Kyrie and Love won't be wide open for 3's.

Their best chance is to play like they did last season and they've moved away from that.

T Thompson looked like an AllStar rebounding against this team last year. If he does again then GS have rebounding problems.

The only team in the WC playoffs that any East team could have beaten (besides Cavs) was the Grizzlies.

T Thompson looked like an AllStar rebounding against this team last year. If he does again then GS have rebounding problems.

He's not a 7 foot monster like Adams.

And Mozgof was better than him last year and he's out of the rotation

Either way the Cavs' defense is worse than the Dubs' defense if we're gonna get picky,

And again, the Cavs played some horrible offenses recently and for the majority of the season.

I am torn about whether we should consider GSW "fortunate" though. They deserved to win that series. I mean, I guess they were fortunate that OKC was bad in the last five minutes of game 6 but if we are perfectly honest about it, that was nothing new to OKC the last couple of years. That is their Achilles heal and it showed up.

Also, when you are trading three for two shot percentages on the offensive end, you should be losing the rebounding battle. It can be a bit overblown in that regard when discussing the warriors.

Either way the Cavs' defense is worse than the Dubs' defense if we're gonna get picky,

And again, the Cavs played some horrible offenses recently and for the majority of the season.

Yep CAVS defense aint good either

Rebounding is a dying stat in today's league when it comes to winning.

And the Dubs actually grabbed more total rebounds per game than Cleveland over the course of the season and during these playoffs.

It's amazing how rebounding numbers correlate to number of possessions and pace. If you look real close you might find the nugget

Breaking news

Fast break points are scored at a higher pace against a shooting team. And they don't care

A bunch of people being turned away from Oracle for trying to enter with fake tickets. That's fucked up, they got scammed.

Really contemplating blanketing Green's props....lines I have...

o15 +100
o10.5 boards -115
O 7 assists +110
o3.5 FTM +135

A bunch of people being turned away from Oracle for trying to enter with fake tickets. That's fucked up, they got scammed.

Yup. Huge fucking problem. People are stupid. There's a way to verify tickets using ticketsnow.com by entering the barcodes..... Nobody's fault but their own. If it looks too good to be true it is.

Where are you seeing LeBron +250? I see him +115
What lame book is that? It's better to just take Cleveland on the series at a much better number. You also won't have to worry about your guy being named MVP.

Just curious, what's Cleveland's series price at that same book?

If you think the rebounding for the Cavs and shot blocking is even in the same league as OKC you simply don't watch enough NBA.

Triston Thompson and Channing Frye are not Adams/Ibaka.

And the Cavs are not even close to the Thunder athletically.

They are a superior offensive team to the Thunder but Kyrie and Love won't be wide open for 3's.

Their best chance is to play like they did last season and they've moved away from that.

Kind of disagree about how the Cavs should approach the series, or game one anyway. It's pick your poison, or maybe wishful thinking, whatever you want to call it, but the Cavs just don't have enough offense on the floor if they suddenly screw with the rotation. They did that last year because those were the only guys they had left. They'll do it this year if nothing else works. I don't doubt that the Warriors will exploit mismatches, but let's remember the Warriors have to defend the Cavs. nbafan was pretty vocal about how well the Hawks could defend before that series started, Cavs had their heads spinning. Looking forward to Lebron finding the open guy in this series, last year the open guy was Delly.

Cavs are so rested and healthy, I like that part too. I have the homer goggles on, I'll just say I feel better about their chances against the champs than I did when the playoffs began, after watching the playoffs. But I do wish this game tonight was at home against OKC.

Rebounding is a dying stat in today's league when it comes to winning.

And the Dubs actually grabbed more total rebounds per game than Cleveland over the course of the season and during these playoffs.

They should have more total rebounds, they averaged 10 more possesions a game than the Cavs this postseason.

just watched some of game 1 & 2 again from last year, when Thompson was the only big Warriors had a field day at the basket.

Also noticed Curry looked niftier last Finals than he currently does, and surprisingly Kyrie did a good job guarding Curry when matched up on him until he hurt his knee in that game 1. What's comical is Curry using LeBron whenever he had to guard him.

Iggy and Livingston are the difference makers that nobody can match up with off the bench.

BTW, Lebron shooting 63% from the FT line this postseason, and if it's not a dunk or a layup he is hitting 36% from the field this postseason. Just stay on the shooters and don't double him.

Yup. Huge fucking problem. People are stupid. There's a way to verify tickets using ticketsnow.com by entering the barcodes..... Nobody's fault but their own. If it looks too good to be true it is.

I only ever use stubhub, if their fake they give a refund right ?

They should have more total rebounds, they averaged 10 more possesions a game than the Cavs this postseason.

just watched game 1 again from last year, when Thompson was the only big Warriors had a field day at the basket.

Also noticed Curry looked niftier last Finals than he currently does, and surprisingly Kyrie did a good job guarding Curry when matched up on him until he hurt his knee in that game 1. What's comical is Curry using LeBron whenever he had to guard him.

Iggy and Livingston are the difference makers that nobody can match up with off the bench.

BTW, Lebron shooting 63% from the FT line this postseason, and if it's not a dunk or a layup he is hitting 36% from the field this postseason. Just stay on the shooters and don't double him.

If they don't double him, he's gonna dunk or layup.

Not sure.... But im not talking about buying or selling tickets online.

I once found nets tickets on Craigslist that looked too good to be true but I decided to go meet the guy anyway at the mall (knowing I had a way to check the barcodes to see if they were legit). If you pretend to list tickets on ticketsnow you can punch in the barcodes and it that will verify the tickets are legit.

The guy made me wait in the mall for two hours and when he finally showed up... Coming from NYC.... (Dressed head to toe in "gangsta" style clothing) I checked the tickets and voila they're fake. He was shocked and I just straight up walked away.... After im on the highway I get a call from him saying he's looking for me in the mall and he's gonna follow me home and blah blah blah. I got home and googled his cell number and there were complaints from other people. He was part of a fake ticket scamming ring out of NYC.

Lesson learned.

StubHub, however, is only claiming responsibility for 23 of those fraudulent tickets. In a statement to SFGATE, the site states that in the event they unknowingly sell fakes, the company's policy guarantees the swindled customers entrance into the game "with comparable or better tickets" or their money back.
http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/86-people-reportedly-turned-away-from-Warriors-7957701.php

I like to just purchase off the street some 8-1/2" x 11" tickets from a home printer. People are generally trustworthy.

Bought some stolen Fiesta Bowl tix once from tha street, the Utah/Pitt game. Fortunately there were empty seats, the usher said he was supposed to boot us out for having stolen property but let us find our own way. Ironically we should have just left that shitfest.

If they don't double him, he's gonna dunk or layup.

He didn't last year when Iggy was guarding him, best in the league on LeBron.

Found this from last years Finals....at the rim Warriors shot 32% vs Mozgov but versus Tristan Thompson 51%. I don't think Frye could enough to get the job done either.

The Mozgov ship has sailed for 2016. He played a lot last year in the regular season and the playoffs. You can't just toss him in there, disrupt the rotation, and expect him to play at that level. He's been sitting for months.

The Mozgov ship has sailed for 2016. He played a lot last year in the regular season and the playoffs. You can't just toss him in there, disrupt the rotation, and expect him to play at that level. He's been sitting for months.

Only place to exploit the Warriors is to dominate the paint. Memphis gave them hell last year and OKC did this year. It's scary what they do to teams that don't have rim protection.

Cavs gameplan is to win a 3 pt. shooting contest with the greatest 3 point shooting team in history.

Only place to exploit the Warriors is to dominate the paint. Memphis gave them hell last year and OKC did this year. It's scary what they do to teams that don't have rim protection.

Cavs gameplan is to win a 3 pt. shooting contest with the greatest 3 point shooting team in history.

It's a tall order, but that's the plan. And on the road.

Warriors -220 Series....just too cheap to pass up.

Gotta admit, as a basketball fan I would have loved to have seen a Cavs-Thunder Finals...would have been a fascinating series.

I'm not sure any East team would have won 2 games vs. 7 of the 8 West teams.

Aren't you a year or two behind? The west was pretty top heavy, garbage from like four on down. I don't think that east/west shit applies to elite teams anyway. Cavs record against the top of the west is great, except for the team in front of them tonight.

Aren't you a year or two behind? The west was pretty top heavy, garbage from like four on down. I don't think that east/west shit applies to elite teams anyway. Cavs record against the top of the west is great, except for the team in front of them tonight.

And I stress, this edition of the Cavs, whether you like its makeup or not, has not faced the Warriors much. That was the Blatt & banged up era.

I know I'd bet a little less on GSW if Blatt were still coaching, but alas he is in Turkey

Don't think I'm behind when the Mavs, who got whooped by the Thunder, would beat the Raptors in a best of 7.

At the risk of drawing the wrath of divol, Blatt was a bad fit. In the NBA, he'd fit better on a young team with no expectations, and without a Lebron.

I'd be far more worried about this team with Blatt his year getting a second chance...

Lue is trying to evolve this team but he's playing wannabe and the real deal has entered the finals.

At the risk of drawing the wrath of divol, Blatt was a bad fit. In the NBA, he'd fit better on a young team with no expectations, and without a Lebron.

Agree. But only ring chasing Heat teams hit the ground running and win ships. And they couldn't even do it until year 2.

This is basically year 1 for Lue, Lebron, and the lazy Kyrie/Love.

Warriors -220 Series....just too cheap to pass up.

Gotta admit, as a basketball fan I would have loved to have seen a Cavs-Thunder Finals...would have been a fascinating series.

Agree. -220 is good value.

And it doesn't hurt that 70% taking the Cavs.

Don't think I'm behind when the Mavs, who got whooped by the Thunder, would beat the Raptors in a best of 7.

Disagree, about that hypothetical matchup, but you probably watch it more than I do. I just know that when the Cavs try, they kick the Thunder's ass. But I don't know who was on a back-to-back or embroiled in a twitter scandal at the times of those games, or whatever other regular season garbage was going on.

Kyrie is a bit lazy. But he has a switch. I think he's had one low energy game (tip of the cap to detox) in 14 in these playoffs. Love is just Love, not lazy. Kind of soft and butthurt, but that's to be expected from the descendant of a Beach Boy. If he shoots well, people will say he had a good game. He does everything else well, rebounding, outlet passes, ball handling, he just can't defend NBA players.

Back