******2016 CFB In-Game******

You guys and the Harbaughs lol.

Damn I took Tosu tt over. I can't ever remember urban laying an egg. Pretty impressive d by clemson

What was confusing?

The firing rumors are related to John, not Jim. I mistakenly thought it was Jim being talked about, and you said "doesn't seem that's happening"...but those are the rumors. I then just said that between Harbaughs, Jim's job is exponentially more secure than John's. I wasn't typing in Twinkie speak, not sure where the confusion came in.

Clemson +7.5 vs Alabama @ 5dimes for me
If same teams show up next week like the odds
Happy New Year everybody !

You guys and the Harbaughs lol.

Yeah, they're two of the best in the biz...the rumors are non-stop these days in our sports culture, it's so fucking annoying. And no matter how many times some reporter is proven to be wrong, the next rumor that's made up gets the same publicity and attention as the ones that were wrong. We live in a fucked up society...it's almost surreal.

Yeah, they're two of the best in the biz...the rumors are non-stop these days in our sports culture, it's so fucking annoying. And no matter how many times some reporter is proven to be wrong, the next rumor that's made up gets the same publicity and attention as the ones that were wrong. We live in a fucked up society...it's almost surreal.

It's way more important to be first than to be right in today's media

What was confusing?

The firing rumors are related to John, not Jim. I mistakenly thought it was Jim being talked about, and you said "doesn't seem that's happening"...but those are the rumors. I then just said that between Harbaughs, Jim's job is exponentially more secure than John's. I wasn't typing in Twinkie speak, not sure where the confusion came in.

I haven't thought Jim Harbaugh was involved in any rumor today at all. Thus the dumb question I guess. He was?

It's way more important to be first than to be right in today's media

Exactly. It's just so fucking stupid. What's the point of being first if you're consistently wrong? And why do people still give them attention, lend their opinions credence, and pay the fools?

The NFL guys are the WORST. So competitive, don't care about credibility. Just throw bs on the wall and hope it sticks.

Larry just quit trying to be so I-tough, it's broke. We appreciate you but ffs quit trying to one up everyone. No one gives a flying fuck.

It's going to be nice to have all the talking heads pick against Alabama this next game.

Who the hell are are these teams gonna hire if all these jobs come open?
i mean seriously... what happened to giving coaches some time

Nope apparently you do or you need checked out

But my reading comprehension wasn't the issue as the post simply said Harbaugh, and this is a CFB thread, AND there's been a lot of talk about Harbaugh leaving for the NFL. I just made a bad assumption, and admitted it. You actually just didn't comprehend what you read as I explicitly said I was mistaken in my post. You should try it sometime.

Larry just quit trying to be so I-tough, it's broke. We appreciate you but ffs quit trying to one up everyone. No one gives a flying fuck.

Bud, unfortunately it's you, not me...or anyone else that you have dust-ups with on a seemingly weekly basis. You're on here too much bro, go out and live a life.

Who the hell are are these teams gonna hire if all these jobs come open?
i mean seriously... what happened to giving coaches some time

Exactly, it makes no sense. How can a coach possibly get a philosophy across, build a culture, etc if he comes into a job and only has 2 years to, more than likely, have to get the players HE wants to succeed? How about owners and GMs do a better job of hiring candidates that fit what they want to do, as opposed to essentially admitting they're incompetent every 2-3 years?

My life is fine, thanks for the concern. Keep your wife happy.

ProV, I'm not sure if this Balty thing is real...it's odd no doubt.

Exactly, it makes no sense. How can a coach possibly get a philosophy across, build a culture, etc if he comes into a job and only has 2 years to, more than likely, have to get the players HE wants to succeed? How about owners and GMs do a better job of hiring candidates that fit what they want to do, as opposed to essentially admitting they're incompetent every 2-3 years?
the problem lies with the GMs and we rarely see them on a hot seat

the problem lies with the GMs and we rarely see them on a hot seat

Owners too.

Sooo....this post is what y'all are saying?

:tiphat:

I think there will be more people picking Clemson than any other opponent we've played in a decade.

I doubt that.

Saban and Dabo is a huge mismatch.

Bama D is pimped out everyday on the Sec networks including ESPN.

It will be all about the repeat.

My life is fine, thanks for the concern. Keep your wife happy.

18+ hours/day on an internet chat room. Gotcha.

And I do keep her very happy...have 2 beautiful children and we work opposite schedules so when we see each other it's great.

Right back at 'ya on the thanks for the concern.

:shake2:

Deshaun Watson looks a hell of a lot more like a Heisman trophy QB than Lamar Jackson has the last month. Even my UofL friends think he's looked awful the last 3 games. He started so strong but something was really off with him coming down the stretch.

Clemson more complete than last year. The NCG should be a damn good one.

Isn't Bama a bit more complete as well?

Teams like Bama and NE always have people believing "this is the year" they'll going to be knocked off. It becomes that people start thinking more with what they want to happen as opposed to what's more likely to happen.

Not saying Bama steamrolls Clemson, but it's certainly quite possible and based on previous results should be more likely than not.

I doubt that.

Saban and Dabo is a huge mismatch.

Bama D is pimped out everyday on the Sec networks including ESPN.

It will be all about the repeat.

The media is so hard up to predict the end of the dynasty, I think they'll be all over Clemson.

18+ hours/day on an internet chat room. Gotcha.

And I do keep her very happy...have 2 beautiful children and we work opposite schedules so when we see each other it's great.

Right back at 'ya on the thanks for the concern.

:shake2:

I'm online 24 hours, it's called fuckin work. MAGA

Yes, Bama is. I think Clem has a better shot than last year though, that's all I'm saying. Bama still the team I expect to win but you never know.

Clemson is better than last year and is the team that can give Bama fits (QB really)

Bama might be one of the best CFB teams in my life.

Yes, Bama is. I think Clem has a better shot than last year though, that's all I'm saying. Bama still the team I expect to win but you never know.

I hear ya. Wasn't really meaning that towards you at all, just more of a general comment on how the "group think" comes about. Teams that are hated are always seen to be vulnerable or about to be knocked off by the majority. Just human psychology...pretty fascinating actually.

Isn't Bama a bit more complete as well?

Teams like Bama and NE always have people believing "this is the year" they'll going to be knocked off. It becomes that people start thinking more with what they want to happen as opposed to what's more likely to happen.

Not saying Bama steamrolls Clemson, but it's certainly quite possible and based on previous results should be more likely than not.

This is the best defense we've had in my lifetime. 2011 was awesome, but that defense would not survive against the offenses of 2016. Our offense I think has a lot of talent, but Hurts still has a ways to go to be a true dual threat QB and Lane likes to get a little too cute at times. Our OL is not as good as it has been in the past which is probably why the offense is somewhat inconsistent. That being said, we've scored more points this season than last year. Should be a good game.

Back