******2016 CFB In-Game******

It's been said before, but these final four games have been trash. Still some games to go, but I cannot believe the Orange Bowl has been the best game so far. I'd rather they ditch this format and go back to what they had

Urban's team won't catch them now...overrated QB, zero protection and unable to create holes

Thanks for this. In a world where everyone seems to bitch about corporate this, money grab that...this defines it to a tee. It's useless.

And certainly takes the college out of college football.

I would rather they go back to voting than bcs or 4 team playoff. As long as we are crowning mythical champs lets do it the old fashioned way and vote after the bowls.

If you aren't going to go 16 team playoff, or keep non-power 5 teams out despite being undefeated and having beat P5 teams out, then might as well just use the old bowl-conference ties and let whatever poll or group declare a national champ. At least it's more honest and genuine then trying to pass a subjective system off as objective like we have now

It's now or never

Good Lord stop trying to create from behind the line of scrimmage, Clemson is too good at sniffing that out

We liked it when it gave more opportunities to win. The first year was good with the #4 taking it down. Last year was kinda shitty and this year is really bad.

The Orange Bowl was not good until the second half for those that are saying it was the best game.

I'm fine with voting, that's what BCS was to a degree anyway.

This is just a waste of a couple bowl games.

Tournaments work when everyone has a chance to compete. That's the complete opposite of how this is set up. Be a brand first, hide your scandals second...then let the chips fall where they may. This is junk.

No wonder so many losers are glued to their tvs on Letter of Intent Day

It's the playoffs. So stupid this sport.

Used to have some sense of fun to it, now just have a name.

Why not go back to the BCS AND have the playoff? Clearly we need 6 or 8 teams, but if they're insistent on 4, at least go back to the BCS to pick the 4 teams, to get rid of the subjectivity.

No wonder so many losers are glued to their tvs on Letter of Intent Day

It's the playoffs. So stupid this sport.

Used to have some sense of fun to it, now just have a name.

When has it ever been about anything but the "name" teams? You really think Notre Dame was just that good in the 40's-70's?

The argument when the BCS was around was that they needed either a "plus one" or a playoff (4 team, 6 team, whatever). So they decided to go with a playoff, and then leave the choosing of the teams in the playoff to people as opposed to computers and math. People who are clearly biased, moronic, and more concerned with money than a champion. Condalezza Rice is on the fucking committee...enough said really. What the fuck does she know about football, and even if we're going to say she has some knowledge of football...she is one of the most deserving people in the country to make the decisions? Gimme a fucking break, there are thousands upon thousands of people who are more deserving than her.

I would rather they go back to voting than bcs or 4 team playoff. As long as we are crowning mythical champs lets do it the old fashioned way and vote after the bowls.

When has it ever been about anything but the "name" teams? You really think Notre Dame was just that good in the 40's-70's?

In every sport, ever. Sport wins, not name. C'mon now.

Politics it sounds like you want, no thanks, and it's trending that way. Everyone has a chance at the beginning of the year no matter your name in every sport except........

Division One college football. Cricket even. College Football, you're fucked.

Politics it sounds like you want, no thanks, and it's trending that way. Everyone has a chance at the beginning of the year no matter your name in every sport except........

I was talking about college football. This isn't new. No matter the system, there are only a percentage of teams that have a chance to win. I'd say it's a greater percentage than it was 30 years ago

I don't think he's saying that how he wants it. It seems he's just pointing out that that's the way it is.

Yup pretty much kj. It is why you can never consider a college football coach or team "great" in the same way you can every other coach and team in sports. Which came first? Being called great or being great? So you have to at least consider that those old notre dame teams were not as great as some might think ... or the miami hurricane teams .... or these bama teams.

The current system just neuters the greatness of any teams that are actually great. It's a shame. Last year's Bama team might deserve to be considered great but it just isn't the same as if they earned their championship legitimately. It's a shame and a disservice to the players and fans.

FCS can do it but FBS cannot? ya. Go sell that shit to someone dumber than us.

It's less than it was 15 years ago when "maybe" Boise State could get in. No chance now.

10 teams and maybe some power 5 that goes absolutely crazy.

This system is very favorable if you are at the top.

the committee seemed to come in because people felt the BCS did things wrong and they wanted another way. Ultimately i don't think there is a way for it not to be subjective, but who the heck deserves to decide the matchups when even the "market" or bookmakers favored tOSU today

They didn't like the BCS because it took away the human's ability to manipulate it matchup

the committee seemed to come in because people felt the BCS did things wrong and they wanted another way. Ultimately i don't think there is a way for it not to be subjective, but who the heck deserves to decide the matchups when even the "market" or bookmakers favored tOSU today

True, but a lot of the issues people had with the BCS was that it was just #1 vs #2 and no one else really had a shot. They could of, at the very least, opted to create the playoff AND use the BCS to pick those playoff teams and see how it played out. Pretty much no chance it wouldn't have worked out better than we've seen in the first 3 years of the BS committee's playoff choices.

Kyle I really wish this would just turn into some developmental thing for the NFL as opposed to NCAA. The college part of this is dead other than the campus stuff and the stadiums.

Business is thriving for those smart enough to take advantage. But this isn't college football anymore.

I am fine with developmental leagues but hard to imagine they can compete with what the major schools are paying them to draw them away.

And even for the people that were arguing this...how in the hell does Condaleeza Rice end up on the committee and people are okay with it, or think it's a good idea?

Pointspreads are kinda meaningless in the discussion anyway. They're setting lines based on the public sentiment of teams and how they think they'll get the most bang for their buck...they aren't actually setting odds based on their power ratings or something.

not sure what's going on. going in and out. feel like I'm a cross between twinkie and dilaudid right now

Back