2014 Tigers Thread...

Verlander hasn't shut Chicago little league teams this year. He will never be the same.

must have been a great day for SEMCON: tigers roll and the lions didn't choke

Big series, sports fans. And when you look at the standings, remember they're not quite what they seem. The Tribe's three outs away from another win and the Royals three outs away from another loss IF Cleveland can protect a two run lead when they resume that suspended game later this month in Cleveland. So realistically, the Tigers and Royals are tied and the Tribe's three back. I'll settle for two out of three here.

This is when the Tribe go bu bye once and for all....like an annoying cousin they hang around. I do like Carrasco though and they should be better than the Tigers within 2 years.

I will say I'm disappointed they didn't sweep. That second game win was the best win of the year by far Imo. They were pumped. Then lay a bagel.

Cold with possible rain tonight.

Tomorrow night cold.

Sunday, pleasant enough.

Fall baseball is here.

Well, a win is a win.

Blow a 6 run lead and Miggy get it done in 9th. Miggy showing signs of life wrt to power this month and the middle of that order has been hot all month. They have been really clutch 7th inning on as well...

Gotta sweep the Marly's here and then finish them Royals over weekend.

Relax BAR - the only consolation if Det makes it in is to get swept by the Orioles AAA team in the first round.

Tribe 1-6 vs. Detroit the last seven, home and away. Game, set, match, season. There's always next year!

Next couple weeks should be good, four teams gunning for three tickets in the AL.

Tribe 1-6 vs. Detroit the last seven, home and away. Game, set, match, season. There's always next year!

Next couple weeks should be good, four teams gunning for three tickets in the AL.

And I think Cleveland had the lead in at least 4 of 6 losses … I want to hang that Shaw guy on public square.

detroit will not make the playoffs and i'm not a baseball guy this coach is a loser. this bullpen might be the worst that I have ever seen your closer has a 5.10 ERA how as a coach do you let him pitch a game where you have to win by by detroit. this might be the time to bet against detroit did you hear what this loser coach just said joe is his man MF this guy should be fired today

hunt your 100 percent right but there would have been 2 men on base with 1 out this fucking loser still would have lost the game. my god this nathan is there stopper are you joking me this fucking pitching could not strike out a tee ball player

Getting ready for the big Series....

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brad Ausmus said earlier this week that the standings would have no bearing on how he set up the rotation for this weekend. But it's abundantly clear that the opponent played a role.
On Wednesday afternoon, Ausmus announced his rotation for the three-game series against the second-place Kansas City Royals. The Tigers will start Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello in that series, skipping rookie Kyle Lobstein in the process.
Ausmus had been secretive this week about the rotation and even what factors were going into the decision. He cited "moving parts" as the reason behind the lack of a decision.
In the end, there was only one decision to make: whether to start Lobstein on Friday and allow the rest of the rotation to have an extra day's rest or to skip Lobstein against the Royals and move the rest of the rotation up. Ausmus opted for the latter.
"It's late in the season," Ausmus said. "People have aches and pains. Sometimes that extra day of rest is good when you have those aches and pains, but ultimately this is an extremely important series."
Lobstein will instead start Monday at Comerica Park against the Chicago White Sox. David Price, who starts tonight against the Twins, will start Tuesday with one extra day of rest. Barring something unforeseen, Price will take over the major-league lead for innings pitched during his start tonight, so an extra day might not be a bad idea.
"We thought about pitching him on regular rest," Ausmus said. "But just considering where his innings are and also, looking forward, that way Price ends up throwing the last game of the season as well."
Of course, who pitches the last game of the season could very well depend on whether that game means anything for the Tigers, who hold a 1 1/2-game lead over the Royals in the Central Division race. If they need a win, Price is set up to pitch in it. If they don't, they could push Price back to the wild-card game or Game 1 of the American League Division Series.
The pitching matchups for the weekend series look like this:
Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

• Friday: RHP Justin Verlander (13-12, 4.81 ERA) vs. LHP Jason Vargas (11-9, 3.41 ERA)
  • Saturday: RHP Max Scherzer (16-5, 3.26 ERA) vs. RHP James Shields (14-7, 3.15 ERA)
  • Sunday: RHP Rick Porcello (15-11, 3.19 ERA) vs. RHP Jeremy Guthrie (11-11, 4.35 ERA)

Almost goggle time...hopefully...

detroit-tigers-30jpg-9a0b136d92cfc357.jpg

Sale at +115 on my book tomorrow...against Verlander.

Haven't been watching either team lately but appears like decent value on Sale....any input? :D

man it must be such a effing headache to have to watch Nathan trot out in the 9th, as a bettor I virtually rip my ticket in my head when I see Nathan coming out there... That being said, Sanchez is reportedly going to be in the pen so that should help..Is Ausmus bold enough to go with Sanchez over Nathan though ?

Back