2014 Tigers Thread...

As Hunt said craziest game I seen in some time.

Tip, I had to go to lunch at 6-4 and was shocked Max was still in when I got home in 6th.

The balk didn't matter, Raburn woulda burned the old team. Either ending was perfect.

Now the big question and I saw this mentioned on twitter etc...shit even my GF noticed...who was the drunk guy yelling all game?

Danny Worth pretty solid knuckle ball. Tigers should use him when they need a spot start!

pj8ammew7yelfgcp74ae.gif

Bump.

Tigers are now like the 'Stons of a decade ago...bored then play good teams and turn it on.

Soria to Tigers for Corey Knebel and Jake Thompson. all in on it. two top 5 prospects in our system but had to address the pen if we were going anywhere this year.

i aalways think u go for proven players but not sure about giving up Thompson..Detroit is death for closers.

Soria throws strikes and whiffs people. Makes the pen real strong. I assume he will move to closer after next one or two Nathan fails. Strong move.

Soria to Tigers for Corey Knebel and Jake Thompson. all in on it. two top 5 prospects in our system but had to address the pen if we were going anywhere this year.

Yup, had to address.

I just want one this year. This is the last great shot for a long-time methinks.

agree BAR. we'll be good but not WS champs good the next few years. this is the last year we've got with a legit chance to win it... go for it.

Got price locked up next year. Solves the Max dilemma. Davis plays CF. Don't know much about Carrera. He's 27 so not a kid. Really wanted Smiley in the bully come playoffs but oh well. Starters go 7 and the Tig's should be ok.

[TABLE="class: tablehead, width: 756"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD="align: left"]CENTRAL[/TD]
[TD]W[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]PCT[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]GB[/TD]
[TD]HOME[/TD]
[TD]ROAD[/TD]
[TD]RS[/TD]
[TD]RA[/TD]
[TD]DIFF[/TD]
[TD]STRK[/TD]
[TD]L10[/TD]
[TD]POFF[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-6"]
[TD="align: left"]Detroit[/TD]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]47[/TD]
[TD].552[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell, bgcolor: #DDDDDD !important"]-[/TD]
[TD]27-27[/TD]
[TD]31-20[/TD]
[TD]491[/TD]
[TD]453[/TD]
[TD]+38[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1[/TD]
[TD]4-6[/TD]
[TD]71.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-7"]
[TD="align: left"]Kansas City[/TD]
[TD]55[/TD]
[TD]52[/TD]
[TD].514[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]4[/TD]
[TD]27-27[/TD]
[TD]28-25[/TD]
[TD]426[/TD]
[TD]424[/TD]
[TD]+2[/TD]
[TD]Won 2[/TD]
[TD]7-3[/TD]
[TD]25.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-5"]
[TD="align: left"]Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]55[/TD]
[TD].491[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell, bgcolor: #DDDDDD !important"]6.5[/TD]
[TD]30-21[/TD]
[TD]23-34[/TD]
[TD]479[/TD]
[TD]475[/TD]
[TD]+4[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1[/TD]
[TD]3-7[/TD]
[TD]16.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-4"]
[TD="align: left"]Chicago Sox[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]56[/TD]
[TD].486[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]7[/TD]
[TD]27-24[/TD]
[TD]26-32[/TD]
[TD]474[/TD]
[TD]486[/TD]
[TD]-12[/TD]
[TD]Won 1[/TD]
[TD]6-4[/TD]
[TD]6.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-9"]
[TD="align: left"]Minnesota[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]59[/TD]
[TD].449[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell, bgcolor: #DDDDDD !important"]11[/TD]
[TD]24-29[/TD]
[TD]24-30[/TD]
[TD]435[/TD]
[TD]480[/TD]
[TD]-45[/TD]
[TD]Lost 2[/TD]
[TD]4-6[/TD]
[TD]0.1[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

hunt why do you think a team would be scoring 5+ runs per game in the playoffs (against the best pitching staffs) ??

hunt why do you think a team would be scoring 5+ runs per game in the playoffs (against the best pitching staffs) ??

1. Tigers pitch counts are through the roof by 5th or 6th inning with exception of Porcello..most times I see at least.

2. Tigers had an amazing rotation last year and pitching was great, hitting did not come through. Boston found ways to win. Tiger's don't.

3. Starters can give up 1-2 runs but moot if bullpen can't hold lead or if the team is not hitting as a whole.

4. These has been a pattern last few octobers

Dude, this has been a problem every fall in the postseason..I don't wear the Olde English D when I am capping bro...I want them to win, but the game is more than about starters..Hope I am wrong this year.

TY rockies for coming to town, not to mention seemed to be some energy to the other starters with the trade.

Big road trip here.

Absolutely...glad tigers swept..amazes me still that away record better than home.

jim johnson to minor league deal... not expecting anything at all out of him but worth a shot i guess

Crazy that he held on to that ball above in the palm of his glove when he hit the ground

A guy that frequents my town told me tonight when Tigers were down 4-1 that 'We're gonna win this game and go on a great streak'....and to remember this.

Guy is a retiree drunk but a great sports guy that knows a lot at times...I said he crazy for the record...

baseball is a streaky game, long season. still not worried. Royals aren't gonna play .800 ball the rest of the year

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/CA45E5B5591111531794198683648_290ef35b3c8.2.1.1678 6369493326325670.mp4?versionId=QF9rkutOfCyQhzGJJUH xbw_7wrZmMzZD[/video]

Nathan saying hello to the home fans after last night's win.

Back