2014 Tigers Thread...

hahaha...what is the back story?

Nathan sucks and the fans have been getting on him... rightfully so IMO and I'm generally pretty pro-player. He's done a lot of blaming other players and saying stuff like at the end of the day he's still getting his paycheck and it's just a game.. just being a terrible teammate and not making fans like him any more. People hate Phil Coke too but at least he cares and is up front about how when he struggles it's frustrating for him and he feels super bad letting the fans down.

Yeah, Joe Nathan is prolly my least favorite Tiger of all-time as far as personality etc. I never knew how awful the guy was. Whiny and just a lil Bitch. Oh well, Ride or Collide with him. Thank goodness for insurance runs today so we didn't have to see him in game.

Was boozing last night with some guys that used to dominate the Tigers: Doug Jones, Charles Nagy, Joes Azcue (1950s and 60s) Max Alvis, Greg Swindale and Paul Assensmacker

[h=2]2014 has been a tough year on and off the field for closer Joe Nathan in his first season with the Detroit Tigers. After nine straight years of shutting down hitters around the league in the ninth inning, Nathan ran into the worst troubles of his career in Detroit.
Dislike between the fans and Nathan has reached a point where the 39-year-old is showered with boos every time he trots out of the bullpen. But what bothers the fans most?
Below are the top five reasons that Nathan has become the most disliked athlete on the Tigers' roster, and possibly in all of Detroit.

5. Fans love Nick Castellanos, but Joe Nathan was mean to Nick Castellanos[/h]Up until May 28, Nathan's only problem was his simple inability to get batters out on the field. But when he served up a walk-off three-run home run to Josh Donaldson in Oakland on that fateful Wednesday night, his comments after the game provided the spark that turned into a blazing fire of contempt towards the reliever.
When asked about his performance in the ninth inning, Nathan pointed at the play before Donaldson's home run, when a soft line drive to Castellanos at third base should have given the Tigers the second out of the inning. But instead of landing in the rookie's glove, the ball bounced off it and landed in left field for a "single." Coco Crisp, who led off the inning with a double against Starter Anibal Sanchez, moved to third base on the play.
The rest is history: Donaldson hit a mammoth blast to left field, the A's partied at home plate, and Nathan got defensive in front of reporters. He claimed that if Castellanos had caught the line drive his approach would have changed against Donaldson, and he could have been more careful with first base open.
That may be true, but he still served up a 394-foot bomb without any help from the 22-year-old third baseman.
The bottom line is that Tigers fans tolerated Nathan's struggles while the team was winning and he kept his mouth shut. But when he threw the franchise's top prospect under the bus, he touched a nerve.
Castellanos has a wealth of talent on the baseball field, but more importantly, he plays hard and helps the team win. Nathan hasn't done that.
[h=2]4. Joe Nathan's pitching has been, to say the least, poor[/h]When Dave Dombrowski landed the top closer on the market this offseason, he did so with as much pent-up frustration as any other fan in Detroit. For a city that survived the Todd Jones era, the Jose Valverde era and the Tigers' version of Fernando Rodney, stability in the ninth inning would surely help the city of Detroit sleep a little better at night.
Wrong.
Nathan wasted little time setting the tone for a disastrous season, blowing his first save opportunity of the season on April 2 against the Royals. One week later he surrendered three runs to the Dodgers for another blown save, and his season has been littered with ninth-inning meltdowns ever since.
Detroit waited patiently for Nathan to regain his previous form, but six blown saves and a 5.11 ERA have run that patience thin after 47 appearances from the former All-Star. The Tigers are trying to win a World Series this season, and fans can't stand that Nathan is getting in the way of that.
[h=2]3. Joe Nathan beats the Tigers, no matter what team he plays for[/h]Plenty of relief pitchers have come and gone from the Tigers' bullpen because they just couldn't get the job done. But none of them garnered as much frustration from the fans as Nathan has. The reason: He tortured the Tigers for nine years since his first game with the Twins in 2004.
When Nathan came to Detroit, he joined a group that knew firsthand how unhittable he could be. In fact, the 39-year-old is 36/36 in save chances against the Tigers and allowed only four runs in 18 appearances in Comerica Park entering 2014. Dombrowski figured if the Tigers couldn't beat him, it would be in their best interest to join him, but that plan has crashed and burned.
If Nathan was a bad pitcher, then this season would be much easier for Tigers fans to swallow. But he was one of the greatest Tiger killers in the league over his career, so his collapse creates a special kind of disgust in Detroit.
[h=2]2. Joe Nathan was not very considerate when he flipped off Tigers fans ... twice[/h]On Wednesday Nathan was at it again when he came into the game with a four-run lead and proceeded to walk the first two Pirates he faced. Fed-up fans booed the closer even after a nifty double play turned by (ahem) Castellanos at third base saved Nathan from another disaster.
Nathan responded to the boos by gesturing toward the crowd, flipping his finger and glove under his chin. This move, which was obviously caught on camera, prompted a half-hearted apology from Nathan who probably spent the night tossing and turning as he realized the fans are the ones who allow him to make $10 million on a baseball field.
The simple truth is that fans have a right to boo Nathan. Comerica Park hosted 3 million fans last season, which gives Dombrowski and Mike Ilitch reason to overpay for stars like Nathan. His apology won't do much to silence the boos that provoked such a gesture.
[h=2]1. Joe Nathan absolutely insists on blaming everyone but Joe Nathan for his struggles[/h]Everyone remembers when Nathan threw Castellanos under the bus in Oakland, but that was just the first round of his version of the blame game. Nathan has blown six saves this season, which has birthed a variety of excuses.
As if blaming Castellanos wasn't absurd enough, Nathan hinted a few weeks ago that Miguel Cabrera had a hand in his latest blown save. Nathan began the statement by questioning the only person in Detroit that appears to have any faith in him: Brad Ausmus. Though his closer likely would have walked him anyways, Ausmus decided to intentionally walk Jose Bautista with the tying run on second base. The next batter hit a single into right field to tie the game before Nathan loaded the bases and was removed.
Nathan first questioned whether walking Bautista was the right move, then said Cabrera would have made the final out if he had been in position instead of holding the runner on first base.
Tigers fans just want Nathan to look in the mirror: there's only one person on the mound during those blown saves, and it's not Ausmus or Cabrera.
[h=2]What can Nathan do?[/h]Nathan's situation in Detroit seems like a lost cause, but there's a simple fix to the mess he finds himself in.
The most important step is for Nathan to pitch better. The Tigers didn't bring him to Detroit to make friends with the fans, they brought him here to get three outs in the ninth inning and help the team win a World Series. If he can't do his job then he will never shake the persistent boos.
When he does blow a save he has to own it. As Nathan so eloquently stated after his blown save in Toronto, relievers "aren't robots," and tough outings will happen. But blaming his teammates and taking his frustration out on fans won't get him anywhere.
There's still a chance for Nathan to fix his reputation in Detroit, but if he can't don't worry, he "won't let it ruin his day."

The Tigers have become what i have always hated. Spoiled rich brats.

They have a cast of guys who either already got paid or are more worried about getting paid.

The whole closer thing is like a jinx for the tigers, doesnt matter who they put in there, he will suck all the same. From Jones, Valverde, Benoit, Nathan and even Soria has been shitty since he came over and now injured.

I will say that the fact they have made the playoffs so much probably has a little to do with tired bodies in general when other teams and pitchers have sat home, but thats almost a lame excuse that makes more sense in hockey when the play is constantly physical and drags on for months after the reg season.

All said, I was at a game against the A's two years ago in the middle of September when they lost and the fans were chanting Tigers suck and lets go Lions. The Tigers turned it on the last 2 weeks and won the division going away.

Tonights game is about as big as an August game can possibly get, interested to see the fight they have. I expect Price to dominate personally and go 9.

Royals are good but aren't going to play .800 ball from here out. It will be close but the tigers are a considerably better team. It's not time to worry yet.

Hope you're right monk. I honestly think Royals are just better now. Who knows in September though. Tigers should be 5/6games up is what frustrates me. Especially not taking care of business at home when they have a brutal schedule.

Royals have a very weak schedule coming up. Detroit better gets some wins because they're going to need it.

Hope you're right monk. I honestly think Royals are just better now. Who knows in September though. Tigers should be 5/6games up is what frustrates me. Especially not taking care of business at home when they have a brutal schedule.

contradictory statements. are the royals better or are the tigers better? if you had to bet your life on a 7 game series between the two, who are you taking? the tigers. they are better. they will most likely come through and win the division. yeah it's closer than ideal but they should get over this bump they're going through. obv. no guarantees but odds are in favor.

starters should get them 7/9ths of the way there most every game. verlander in the pen with soria/joba isn't a bad 8/9th inning. if you can't spell someone's four-letter name correctly your opinion on them probably isn't scout worthy.

starters should get them 7/9ths of the way there most every game. verlander in the pen with soria/joba isn't a bad 8/9th inning. if you can't spell someone's four-letter name correctly your opinion on them probably isn't scout worthy.
I think Jaba was purposely spelt incorrectly to refer his fatness to jaba the hut...

but on topic here, I agree with you that the "magic" will soon run out for the royals and they will come back to Earth...how hard? who knows, but teams go through slumps and seeing Price get that win was nice too, Mouse off his shoulder, really wish they had a better pen even with sending JV back there for playoffs or even Anibal

7 game series do they go 4 or 5 man rotation?

Game 1: Mad Max
Game 2: David Price
Game 3: Anibal Sanchez
Game 4: Justin Verlander
Game 5: Rick Porcello

Or do you cut out one of the bottom three and send them back tot he pen and go with a 4 man roster....not an Alberquerque fan either dude has mushed so many totals and sides for me this year

I think Jaba was purposely spelt incorrectly to refer his fatness to jaba the hut...

but on topic here, I agree with you that the "magic" will soon run out for the royals and they will come back to Earth...how hard? who knows, but teams go through slumps and seeing Price get that win was nice too, Mouse off his shoulder, really wish they had a better pen even with sending JV back there for playoffs or even Anibal

Jabba the Hutt has two B's. pen depth isn't an issue in the playoffs, only your top couple guys really matter when your starters are as good at the tigers'

7 game series do they go 4 or 5 man rotation?

Game 1: Mad Max
Game 2: David Price
Game 3: Anibal Sanchez
Game 4: Justin Verlander
Game 5: Rick Porcello

Or do you cut out one of the bottom three and send them back tot he pen and go with a 4 man roster....not an Alberquerque fan either dude has mushed so many totals and sides for me this year

unless verlander shows something different over the next 6 weeks I think you have to put Porcello as the fourth starter and verlander to the pen.

Jabba the Hutt has two B's. pen depth isn't an issue in the playoffs, only your top couple guys really matter when your starters are as good at the tigers'
haha yea but I 'got' the joke he was trying to make.

unless verlander shows something different over the next 6 weeks I think you have to put Porcello as the fourth starter and verlander to the pen.
What about sanchez; it seems that both Sanchez and JV were dealing with injuries.. AS 'regressed' after his end of June firing off 4 straight wins.... June was a forgettable month for JV, but it seemingly got better in July

btw - not arguing - I like picking the brains of local fans of their hometown team, give more insight...look at TIP and the injuns, don'tn eed to ask him any more it's just "crap" no matter how you slice it for him

haha.. I think Verlander's stuff is better suited for the pen. let him dial it up for 1-2 innings instead of needing to pace himself for a full start. the dip in velocity is the main culprit for his pitching woes this year. I'm pretty confident with Anibal still but I've always liked him a little better than most, dating back to his Marlins days

haha.. I think Verlander's stuff is better suited for the pen. let him dial it up for 1-2 innings instead of needing to pace himself for a full start. the dip in velocity is the main culprit for his pitching woes this year. I'm pretty confident with Anibal still but I've always liked him a little better than most, dating back to his Marlins days

If they got JV to buy into it that would work have him close out games (as a bettor have little confidence in Soria/Nathan)..

called up Jimmmy Johnson too

here is JV's average velocity for the year and his career (last column)

[TABLE="class: rgMasterTable, width: 100%"]
<TBODY>[TR="class: rgRow grid_total"]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]2014[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]FA[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]979[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]233[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]272[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]68[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]44[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]15[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]32[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].292[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]91.1[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]98.0[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]93.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: rgRow grid_total"]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]CH[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]721[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]149[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]164[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]40[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]24[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].268[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]78.8[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]91.1[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]86.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]CU[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]446[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]122[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]126[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]38[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].238[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]73.8[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]88.8[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]79.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]SL[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]399[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]100[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]105[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]26[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]20[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]26[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].260[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]79.2[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]90.3[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]85.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]FT[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]103[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]24[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].292[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]86.3[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]97.5[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]93.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: rgRow"]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]Total[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]FA[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]13744[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]2972[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]3405[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]779[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]521[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]162[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]86[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]358[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]571[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].262[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]88.4[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]101.7[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]94.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: rgAltRow"]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]CH[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]5074[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]1155[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]1231[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]268[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]173[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]60[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]66[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]230[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].232[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]72.0[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]93.5[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]85.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]CU[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]4505[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]1181[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]1214[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]200[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]147[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]38[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]13[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]510[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].169[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]58.2[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]88.8[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]79.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]SL[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]2291[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]604[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]629[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]132[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]100[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]214[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].219[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]77.7[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]92.0[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]85.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]FT[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]918[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]180[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]197[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]35[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]31[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].256[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]85.3[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]101.1[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]94.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular"]SI[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]117[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].321[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_break, align: right"]79.3[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]95.1[/TD]
[TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]88.3[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Tigs are more vulnerable than orange would like to admit. Verlander, statistically, is one of the worst regular starters in baseball now. Sanchez is hurt. Bully is still garbage. Middle of the order is elite, but there are some ham-and-eggers and spare parts in that line-up. Royals don't have to play .800 the rest of the way, they just have to outplay Detroit. .550 could do it. Tigs have this habit of playing down and letting teams hang around. And, of course, the Tribe hasn't gotten hot yet. (August 18 ... like waiting for Godot.)

Now, I think the Royals will fade like dogs because that's what Royals do, and the Tigers should win the division if Max and Price do what they do. But since they wouldn't be in the playoffs if the season ended today, it wouldn't exactly shock the world if they missed the playoffs. It's not Memorial Day, getting a little urgent.

It has come to the point this weekend where I do not even care to watch the games.

I am just hoping we can still finish 2nd for my sidebet against Yessir, lol.

Just looked at box, 4 innings today, Max at 93 pitches FFS.

It is gonna be a long 5-7 years of getting rid of these contracts and rebuilding the farm system. Oh well, props to Mr. I for giving it a run.

If we aren't in a position to compete next year, Price and Porcello will bring nice returns for the farm. team isn't in that bad of shape long-term. Miggy will still be decent for a few more years when healthy. Hard to imagine Verlander not turning it around a little bit. We've probably seen the last of ace Verlander but he should still be valuable to some extent.

God, now I have to talk you guys off the cliff. In what bizarro world are the Tigers not a threat to win the 2014 World Series?

oh I still 100% believe we have a legit shot to win it this year.

I would feel more confident if we had a lead and could sit miggy for a few weeks and let him get right. The pen sucks but moreso it is the bats. Today a good ole 13 runs after a nice effort Saturday means we prolly garner a total of 10 runs in this Yankee series.

BAR, I am having some technical difficulties. I tried to PM you but I don't think it went through. Can you contact me please?

Well, 13 hits and 1 run tonight before that blast was frustrating. Lets sweep this series...it would be one helluva bookend of the series's in CLE this year.

I know we have talked about this many times but jesus....Pennant Race and THIS??

Game notes
-- The final line for Carrasco: 5.1IP, 10H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 10SO. He threw 98 pitches, 75 for strikes. The final line for Lobstein: 5.1IP, 5H, 2R, 2ER, 3BB, 10SO. He threw 101 pitches, 61 for strikes.

-- Lobstein did not record a strikeout Thursday in his first major-league start.
-- Avila left the game in the sixth inning after taking a foul ball off his mask.
-- The paid attendance for the game was 9,990.

Biggest series of the year starts tomorrow...

2-1 at worst, a sweep would be huge either way.

would be so sick if old Verlander made an appearance tonight. scherzer v vargas is nice. sucks we ladned shields at the end but ricky can duel it out.

six games vs. KC, really only need 3-3... 3 at home vs. cleveland, CWS, minny to close the year, in addition to 3 more @minny. very reasonable schedule down the stretch. KC very similar with the division but also has boston and one extra road series. Also have all but a loss with that half inning left down 3-1 game they have to complete vs. cleveland.

would be so sick if old Verlander made an appearance tonight. scherzer v vargas is nice. sucks we ladned shields at the end but ricky can duel it out.

I just realized this is the FIRST time I have ever been to a game Verlander has started....of course and it is now.

Rainouts, bad luck, pitching changes have always made this not happen.

I just realized this is the FIRST time I have ever been to a game Verlander has started....of course and it is now.

Rainouts, bad luck, pitching changes have always made this not happen.

wow really? that's wild. sucks you couldn't get there when he was good. I saw his no-no vs. the brewers and his first two hits against the padres. and his naked butt.

Back