2014 Tigers Thread...

yea the indians staff, salazar their great hope just got sent down, maybe Bauer will finally be the Bauer he was supposed to be. Masterson is hit or miss, just ask my fantasy team. McAllister is decent 4. Kluber is their best pitcher. How this matches up to JV, Max, Anibal, Porcello I have no idea. And they already have demoted a closer. pfffft.

maybe i am bitter because i am in 2nd place in fantasy in spite of carlos santana and masterson

Oh, the Tigers dont win this game tonight with last years pen. I will take that Nathan signing everyone criticized all year long and especially come October.

Dont shit my pants any more in the 9th.

How? Why? 1/4 into the season and no team has been terrible like most divisions have

because i dont care if a team loses a bunch of close games or loses 11-2, the record is all i care about. in blowouts, you have seen how many teams throw in a position player to pitch this year? so if that outfielder pitching gives up four runs its a good representation of the pitching staff and this stat?

the indians got beat 11-2 yesterday for example, they arent that bad, at least according to your assumption that the division is not that bad.

the colorado rockies smash people at home, who cares. it taints that number.

i never look to that when figuring out which teams are good or bad and more specifically who i am betting on.

Fielder received a nerve-root injection Saturday morning, and the club hopes he can play on Tuesday, assuming it alleviates the pain.

Can't believe Dombro was able to get rid of this guy and that ridiculous contract.

Fielder received a nerve-root injection Saturday morning, and the club hopes he can play on Tuesday, assuming it alleviates the pain.

Can't believe Dombro was able to get rid of this guy and that ridiculous contract.

That was a Michigan Miracle.

Of course, now Miggy's signed for a million years. But at least he's earning the early part.

Wow. I didn't know physicals were EVER waived, especially with this kind of money involved. You'd think Prince would be hitting a bunch of bombs in that park. Guess he's got a chronic stiff neck.

Tigers should be in an ornery mood by then after the Tribe gets through with 'em.

Projected pitching match-ups ...

Kluber-Smyley
Bauer-Verlander
McAllister-Max

I wish I could. Huge project at work right now and I have the kiddos on Thursday's.

Pinch me. Glad there is no dominant team in MLB....yet. I will be at COPA over that series.

Bn9-cRSCIAAcIJn.jpg

BOSTON -- The Boston Red Sox couldn't slow down the red-hot Detroit Tigers. But a delayed flight did.
The Tigers were stuck in Boston for an extra night after mechanical problems significantly delayed their flight to Cleveland early Monday.
The team bus departed Fenway Park around 12:30 a.m. and the charter plane was expected to arrive in Cleveland early Monday. But mechanical issues kept the plane grounded and the Tigers were reportedly stuck on the runway for several hours.
The team returned to their hotel around 3:30 a.m.
Drew Smyly, who is scheduled to start Monday for the Tigers in the series opener, flew to Cleveland ahead of time on a Sunday evening flight to prepare in advance.
The Tigers, who completed a three-game sweep Sunday at Fenway Park for the first time since June 6-9, 1983, are expected to board a flight around noon on Monday and will arrive in Cleveland later this afternoon.
First pitch between the Tigers and Indians is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Below is a series of tweets from several Tigers players, dressed head to toe in tiger-striped Zubaz gear, who chronicled the delay.

now this MF coach takes coke out let him finish he already fucked up the game

Craziest game I've watched in a long time. Nice broom for your kitchen floor tip.

Took a minute to find a broom with Tribe colors.

Most impressive part of the game was Max. Gave up all those runs in the second inning, then pretty much shut 'em down thru 7.

Of course I had Detroit. If I'd have told you Max would have a 4-0 before he started pitching, I'd have taken Detroit -500 or more unreal

I vaguely remember you guys complaining about Coke and Al Al a year ago. They're the things that won't leave.

Indians used damn near everyone in uniform today, including tomorrow's scheduled starter for three innings.

Funny game, baseball. Indians went into the Tigers series, no exaggeration, playing some of the worst MLB baseball I had ever seen. Oakland outscored 'em, 30-6, every pitcher got tattooed, they made a million errors, and did not get a single hit with RISP the entire weekend.

Flying on the Indians plane after being up all night and going straight to the ballpark in Zubaz probably didn't have much to do with it.

That was some travel hangover, three games. Believe me, the Tigs appeared to be catching Cleveland at the right time and the Tribe appeared to be catching Detroit at the wrong time. I thought it set up for a sweep the other way with a lefty, JV, and Max scheduled. Just a mere 10 back in the L column now though, so game on. Anyway, it was nice to cool the Tigs off a little bit, and it's nice to not be 15 out on May 21.

(Also, that's Nathan's third blown save. That's nice to see too. I don't think they acquired him to save 3 out of every 4.)

steed, it's clear the Tribe has the Tigers' number. 4-1 and counting.

How long til the first "Tribe fans getting excited in May" post hits?

O/U generously set at 24 hours.

Back