****2014 Recruiting Thread*****

Wisconsin having about as bad of day as possible. They lost their stud in state DT on a flip to Sparty, just lost Lammons, and probably biggest of all their Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator just left today of all days to become RB coach for the Ravens

#lovingit

weird as hell...would love to know what the conversation between her and Dantonio that caused this riff was about or how it went down....

Are you sure it's the coach? The way I read the comments from his old man he wanted him to get out of the state away from his friends. Maybe his friends are a really bad influence and they just want him to focos on school and football?

something happened with his mom at MSU during the OV which is why she is so hell bent on not allowing him to sign there

Are you sure it's the coach? The way I read the comments from his old man he wanted him to get out of the state away from his friends. Maybe his friends are a really bad influence and they just want him to focos on school and football?
his dad said he wants him outta state yes...but the way I've read it, he's barely in the picture...the mom is the primary guardian, and had major issues on the visit...she also said she didn't like the first visit to osu but then had it hashed out...she sounds like a crazy woman..

the reports of she didn't want him going to msu because the players said they cut class I've read aren't true...who the hell knows..

He can wait till his 18th bday in June and sign the scholarship offer himself with no NLOI if he wants to go to MSU....just needs somewhere to live till then :)

Four-star defensive end Dexter Wideman flips his commitment and will sign with South Carolina.

Mom is emphatic about no msu. Per Sam Webb. Just beside herself about it. They want him out of state or Mich. He refuses to go to Mich. She refuses to sign loi for msu. I feel for the kid. Dad needs to put big boy pants on and sign.

Just typical party place at msu I guess? That he doesn't have to go to classes, etc. That's what she told Sam. She left the OV with a big hell no.

He never took an OV to Mich and absolutely doesn't want to go.

Both parents like Osu from what I've gathered. Malik does too but really wants msu.

spurrier to ESPNU:

@GarnetReport: Spurrier: "At 1:15 you finally started talking about the #3 and #4 teams in the country, Michigan State and South Carolina"”

his dad said he wants him outta state yes...but the way I've read it, he's barely in the picture...the mom is the primary guardian, and had major issues on the visit...she also said she didn't like the first visit to osu but then had it hashed out...she sounds like a crazy woman..

the reports of she didn't want him going to msu because the players said they cut class I've read aren't true...who the hell knows..

He can wait till his 18th bday in June and sign the scholarship offer himself with no NLOI if he wants to go to MSU....just needs somewhere to live till then :)

gotcha

happy w/ SCar finish. #16 on rivals, #15 on 247. Got 10 (4*) on both and 18/21 kids on rivals are 5.7 rating or better.

Get them on campus and coach them up

rivalsfuneral2.gif
rivalsfuneral2.gif
View attachment 34724

Shit have u seen how monster 2015 is already for y'all? Steve got that swag!

We had DE Arden Key in our '15 class too, he should be coming back soon.

However it is going to be hard to hold on to Cauncey Rivers and Pittman will be tough to keep if the Florida schools come knocking.

Good start though

I can't believe some Tiger fans find room to complain LOL

#2 on Rivals
#2 on ESPN
#2 24/7

Let's just call it 2 overall.....can't keep everyone when the state produces per capita the best talent in the nation. Gonna lose a few.

23 kids, that is a pound for pound solid job

Geaux Tigahs

I'll take Kenny young tho
Great get for you all....shades of Joe McKnight bolting west(not THAT big a recruit, but). The kid that went to Stanford was never one LSU cared to lose, but losing Young hurt. LSU has no one to blame but LSU. They cooled on Kenny and you just can't do that on a kid that good. Obv Speedy and Cam Rob were the other two that really hurt, more because of they went in SEC and West no doubt.

happy w/ SCar finish. #16 on rivals, #15 on 247. Got 10 (4*) on both and 18/21 kids on rivals are 5.7 rating or better.

Get them on campus and coach them up
Tenny creeping and Kentucky maybe the best class they ever had......FLA has to get better and rounded out decently

Cocks needed a good one and seem like they did OK

Our boards are saying Adoree's dad wanted him to go to LSu big time and the LOI isnt signed yet

Prob bullshit, but anyone seen anything?

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Regarding the site being down today[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Reply[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Let me say that the outage today on the site is inexcusable. We all know it. I'm not happy about it and have let those who run Rivals.com and Yahoo! know about it in no uncertain terms that their failure to be prepared makes TigerBait.com look bad and that is something we won't tolerate. The fact our system was not prepared for the inevitable spike on NSD is hard to understand and you deserve better.

Bryan, William and I bust our butts to bring you the best coverage of LSU sports and recruiting and then to have have this technical meltdown make us look bad is an embarrassment for the staff.

We regret this happened, we're very sorry it happened but this failure to deliver a web platform that can withstand the traffic of NSD lies completely with the Rivals /Yahoo.

We will work hard to regain your trust in TigerBait.com. Please feel free to email me direct at my email linked below if you want discuss your individual concerns.

Love how Tenny is in the top ten which is good, but then you see where they signed 36 guys. Lol. No wonder they're in the top ten.

Mom primary custodial parent of mcdowell. Nvm. Thought if dad just signed he was good to go.

Bitch is cray.

He's gotta be close to 18 right? Why not just wait til then to sign and he doesn't need a parents signature.

Yeah, I think June. I would imagine he waits until then unless he convinces his mom otherwise. Most bizzare shit I've seen in awhile.

People forget that yesterday is the first day you can sign loi, no rush.

He's gotta be close to 18 right? Why not just wait til then to sign and he doesn't need a parents signature.
you need a parents sig on a NLOI if you are under 18, but once he turns 18 he can sign a binding document, so he could just sign the actual scholarship paperwork with the university itself...he's not an early enrollee so he can obviously just wait....he just needs to find somewhere to sleep for the next four months :)

Mom primary custodial parent of mcdowell. Nvm. Thought if dad just signed he was good to go.

Bitch is cray.

Why doesn't anyone have the balls to actually stand up and give the real reason why his mother won't sign his LOI to MSU... She's already accepted money from the other school and doesn't want to give it back!!!

<header class="header" id="yui_3_9_1_1_1391698064143_436" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 10px; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 16.25px;">[h=1]Florida athlete D.J. Law signs with three schools and no one knows yet who gets him[/h]</header> <cite class="byline vcard top-line" style="font-style: normal; line-height: 12.100000381469727px;">By Graham Watson<abbr style="display: block;">12 hours ago</abbr></cite>Dr. Saturday

<figure class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="0" id="yui_3_9_1_1_1391698064143_398" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; cursor: pointer;">
View gallery
DJLawpick.jpg
</figure>(Bright House Sports Network)

Florida athlete D.J. Law made the most of his national signing day by signing with three schools.
Yes, three.
Ole Miss, Utah and East Mississippi Community College all received signatures from Law and no one knows - officially - which school got him first.
According to the Clarion Ledger, Ole Miss announced Law’s signature at 8:23 a.m. CT and Utah announced at 3:36 p.m., but the school claims the fax came in much earlier than when it was announced.
Both schools say they are looking into the signing – both schools have him listed as a member of their class – but Utah might have the best case with Law actually signing his letter of intent in front of his school on camera.
Here’s what Law had to say to local TV station Bay Area News 9 – while wearing a Utah hat – after signing with the Utes.
“I told Utah, I thought about it a lot last night and I just prayed to God and I told Utah because that’s where my heart was,” Law told the station. “My family and everybody else loved Ole Miss. Ole Miss is a great program, don’t get me wrong, but my heart was in Utah. I talked to a lot of wise people and they told me to follow your heart, so I followed my heart.”
As for East Mississippi Community College, it also has Law on its signing day roster, but notes that he double-signed with Ole Miss. Obviously, this is a failsafe in case his grades don’t come through.
We’ve seen situations like this before where the player faxes his letter to one place and a disgruntled parent faxes a letter to another. In the end, it will all depend on the authenticity of the signature and the time the fax was received.
This is as interesting a situation as we've ever seen on national signing day. Let's hope no other schools come out of the woodwork claiming to have a D.J. Law signature.
- - - - - - -

It won't get a lot of national attention because it doesn't fit the Saban/Alabama narrative, but the Elisha Shaw situation is one of those stories that is good for college football.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_honors_scholarship_off.html
I don't mean to come off bad, but this is a no brainer...you get good pub and it doesn't count against the 85. The medical hardship is what Saban gets killed for in the media btw lol...any school is gonna pay this kids way for the good pub...and I'm glad they did for the kids sake.

I don't mean to come off bad, but this is a no brainer...you get good pub and it doesn't count against the 85. The medical hardship is what Saban gets killed for in the media btw lol...any school is gonna pay this kids way for the good pub...and I'm glad they did for the kids sake.

There's another article about it where the coach said that every other school dropped their offers, even in state saint Richt. I know it's easy to be cynical, but my point was that Alabama and Saban aren't quite what the media likes to portray

no idea why mcdowell is listed as a de when he's a natural 3 technique dt

hope the kid stays home, but going to larry johnson at osu is a no brainer

GL with MM. I hope it works out well for him. Watched him live once this year and he looked fat and lazy and was just kicking it on sideline sitting behind all the standing players. Just one game though.

yeah..makes no sense..the only one that does is OSU maybe..he won't go to FSU because of distance and he doesn't like Michigan.

Back