2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

After chewing on it a while, Lester really makes Oakland's SP staff a monster (sorry) come October, assuming they get there.

Yea I know nothing is a given in this game but it's been a long fucking time since the Dodgers had anything worth a damn in the farm.

long time since a WS win too :) I 100% know what you mean but to get a talent like Price I think I'd be pretty happy to give up Joc & co

long time since a WS win too :) I 100% know what you mean but to get a talent like Price I think I'd be pretty happy to give up Joc & co

Im on the fence. I'd give up a package that included Joc but I wouldn't touch Seager personally.

Teams like the Dodgers don't really need to have any prospects, except to send them off in trades for expensive or soon-to-be expensive players.

Listening to these guys on MLB network speculate is like watching the heads speculate on NFL draft day.

Teams like the Dodgers don't really need to have any prospects, except to send them off in trades for expensive or soon-to-be expensive players.

i agree for the most part but Seager is Uribes replacement as soon as next year and Pederson is probably the best CF in the organization mlb or farm.

Stop the presses and shake up the NL Central. Parra to the Brewers.

Jerry Crasnick@jcrasnick <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m</small>
The #brewers and #dbacks have made a trade. OF Mitch Haniger going to Arizona. Not sure on return.

Gerrardo Parra traded from Dbacks to Brewers.

Milwaukee Brewers@Brewers <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 15m</small>
The #Brewers have acquired OF Gerardo Parra from Arizona in exchange for OF Mitch Haniger and LHP Anthony Banda.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parra traded to Milwaukee</p>&mdash; John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gambo987/statuses/494903857906851841">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ken Rosenthal ✔ @Ken_Rosenthal
Follow
Sources: #Dodgers have been in talks with #Rays on Price, with Pederson in play. #Pirates also had been discussing him as of this AM.
10:57 AM - 31 Jul 2014

He's OK. Great 4th outfielder. Or every day player in Cleveland.

Jon Heyman ✔ @JonHeymanCBS
Follow
#pirates are talking to tampa bay about price. dodgers, mariners have been interested. never count out tigers tho.
11:05 AM - 31 Jul 2014

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Athletics?src=hash">#Athletics</a> getting “flooded” with calls on Hammel. Weren’t planning to trade him, but . . .</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/494900748015398912">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Not only are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Reds?src=hash">#Reds</a> not buying. Other teams say they've dangled Mat Latos. Looking for big return of course</p>&mdash; Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="https://twitter.com/jaysonst/statuses/494902096505085952">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If the Pirates trade for Price, I'll jog the turnpike to Pittsburgh naked.

Thoughts on Lackey for Craig, Kelly?

As a cards fan i absolutely love what the cardinals have done the past two days. Obviously the cards need help with the bat, but our starting rotation for september/october looks liike
1. Waino
2. Wacha
3. Lackey
4. Lynn
5. Masterson/Miller

Thats a pretty good rotation, also feel like the lineup gets better with addition by subtraction. Craig has probably been one of the worst OF's in all of baseball this year. He just doesnt have the bat hes had in recent years and hes about to be 30. His prime is past him. This opens up more time for cards stud propsect Oscar Taveras who has for some reason been on the bench behind Craig for the past couple weeks. I guess time will tell who wins this trade, but i feel like the Cards definetly got better in the past 24 hours with there trades

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Giants, Rangers in midst of ongoing trade conversations involving Alex Rios.</p>&mdash; Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/statuses/494895977174532096">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thoughts on Lackey for Craig, Kelly?

As a cards fan i absolutely love what the cardinals have done the past two days. Obviously the cards need help with the bat, but our starting rotation for september/october looks liike
1. Waino
2. Wacha
3. Lackey
4. Lynn
5. Masterson/Miller

Thats a pretty good rotation, also feel like the lineup gets better with addition by subtraction. Craig has probably been one of the worst OF's in all of baseball this year. He just doesnt have the bat hes had in recent years and hes about to be 30. His prime is past him. This opens up more time for cards stud propsect Oscar Taveras who has for some reason been on the bench behind Craig for the past couple weeks. I guess time will tell who wins this trade, but i feel like the Cards definetly got better in the past 24 hours with there trades

It's about time that Taveras starts to get his chance, but the lineup needs a bit of a boost (looking for like the Mets offense). Also, Wacha was transferred to the 60-day DL with Masterson trade, so it's possible he may not be available. Also, I think the Cardinals are wasting Carlos Martinez by not allowing him the opportunity to continue in the rotation.

Not sure if there's mod magic that can be done, but this thread and the Cespedes-Lester thread are now the same thing.

pirates seem to be making a real push. josh bell and glasnow being discussed. Id want more if I were tampa

pirates seem to be making a real push. josh bell and glasnow being discussed. Id want more if I were tampa

Just don't see how that would be enough. Even if they include an Alen Hanson or Reese McGuire. Think they'd have to include a big league piece.

Back