2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

would love to know what the bigger picture is for them.... I know they want Stanton real bad and miami is in no rush to trade him (low salary) , sox are high on a few of their pitching prospects but they are young....

probably makes sense to take the over in every sox game going forward.. Their pitching is weak and they should be able to push a few over themselves...

He is going to put some holes in the green monster. All of the average hitters in the Bosox lineup will benefit immensely with this monster in lineup. I bet you Holt, bogarts, nava even shitty bradley will benefit from getting better pitches to hit and the intangible benefit of having this guy in your lineup.

They have 54 games left. Over everyone. Lets do this.

He is going to put some holes in the green monster. All of the average hitters in the Bosox lineup will benefit immensely with this monster in lineup. I bet you Holt, bogarts, nava even shitty bradley will benefit from getting better pitches to hit and the intangible benefit of having this guy in your lineup.

They have 54 games left. Over everyone. Lets do this.

my point being that if this guy wasn't a high profile cuban signing he wouldn't be an all star. I think that's pretty fair to say. He's certainly not a top 25 hitter.

my point being that if this guy wasn't a high profile cuban signing he wouldn't be an all star. I think that's pretty fair to say. He's certainly not a top 25 hitter.

first off, i agree with you about everything that you have said about him. he does offer insane power though, and that will be noticed no matter who is providing it. I like the trade for both teams, if the ballpark in boston can make Cespedes a .270 hitter, itll be worth it for them

^

My bad--

Johnny --you need to stop calling him a monster -- :enraged:

No. You dont understand. I seriously think that he is a MONSTER. He fucking punishes the baseball with his powerful swing. Pitchers fear him and their gfs want to be with him. This trade may make Fenway the center of the baseball universe. It will go 38-14 to the over :)

I think the hole protectin thing has been debunked by a number of different studies. I don't think having a good not great hitter in the lineup is all of a sudden going to help other guys in the lineup.

Lets chill on the immense power hyperbole with him as well. Since he's come into the league, his IsoSlugging (isolates power) is 31st in MLB; hes 23rd in total number of homers.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="162"></iframe>
red sox expected to get ML ready OF and pitcher back for lackey from @STLCards. @GordonEdes 1st mentioned lackey trade<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Lackey to the Cardinals

Miller should be gone within the hour as well.... maybe ujehara too and Carp...

its a Yaarrrrrrrd (Boston accent) sale here in Boston....

Lackey's salary next year 500k,, had a rider in the contract- if he gets elbow surgery- contract decreases....

Sox get Kelly, Craig for Lackey
Wow. #RedSox get Allen Craig and Joe Kelley for Lackey. @pgammo had first I believe

Lackey's contract is absorbable, but I feel like that guy's hinged together with Elmer's Glue. He reminds me of the old pitcher in Major League, oiling up the arm muscles before a start.

I think the hole protectin thing has been debunked by a number of different studies. I don't think having a good not great hitter in the lineup is all of a sudden going to help other guys in the lineup.

Lets chill on the immense power hyperbole with him as well. Since he's come into the league, his IsoSlugging (isolates power) is 31st in MLB; hes 23rd in total number of homers.

but... but..... the HR derby

Miller should be gone within the hour as well.... maybe ujehara too and Carp...

its a Yaarrrrrrrd (Boston accent) sale here in Boston....

Lackey's salary next year 500k,, had a rider in the contract- if he gets elbow surgery- contract decreases....

Sox get Kelly, Craig for Lackey
Wow. #RedSox get Allen Craig and Joe Kelley for Lackey. @pgammo had first I believe

wicked smaatttt!

A Ujehara trade would probably disappoint his fantasy owners. How many contenders would slot him at closer? San Fran, I guess. Or Detroit (OK, now let's try THIS guy.)

whispers of Victorino being traded- sox absorbing some money --- no teams mentioned...

Really like what the Sox are doing. Fire sale, but bringing back pieces that should still make them competitive next year. In that city, you can't simply acquire guys to stock in the farm system and tell the fans to "give us a few years until we get good again."

Smart deals/smart marketing.

Please, someone take that mopey fat fuck Asdrubal. Used to love him.

I can see the Indians selling Masterson and Cabrera in their walk years, turning around and buying something, RH bat like Byrd or some crappy SP, and still staying in the race. Or trying to.

I remember it too. He charmed me with a magical first half that year. I'm ready to divorce him.

Andrew Miller would be a good get for Detroit, or anyone, but especially Detroit ... Why is he being shopped anyway?

Why is it so hard for the Phillies to trade Byrd? I don't think there is another Right handed OF on the market, and the guy is having a very good year. If he's not traded by today, this is stupid!

Why is it so hard for the Phillies to trade Byrd? I don't think there is another Right handed OF on the market, and the guy is having a very good year. If he's not traded by today, this is stupid!

still have a few hours,,, they probably know that and are holding out for best offer..... or they are just idiots --- "shrug"

So they Cespedas piece is supposed to be the cornerstone of an off-season trade to the marlins for Stanton..

As a Dodgers fan I'm kinda conflicted today. Price is out there for the taking but I'm not too excited about having to give up Seager, Pederson and Urias to get him.

Imagine having to face a rotation of Kershaw, Price, Greinke and Ryu.

As a Dodgers fan I'm kinda conflicted today. Price is out there for the taking but I'm not too excited about having to give up Seager, Pederson and Urias to get him.

if it makes you feel better we gave away two top 15 prospects in Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller who have combined for like 2.5 WAR in 7 years. Top prospects are still prospects.

Would you rather have Hamels or Price?

if it makes you feel better we gave away two top 15 prospects in Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller who have combined for like 2.5 WAR in 7 years. Top prospects are still prospects.

Yea I know nothing is a given in this game but it's been a long fucking time since the Dodgers had anything worth a damn in the farm.

Back