***** 2014 MLB Playoffs In-Game*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pitches Cabrera got were strikes, but the ones Harper got weren't, and Sandoval starts off with an obv. ball called strike. This ump's zone has started to deteriorate.

Petit putting in some work in relief for SF. He's started during the regular season so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

STL is 22nd in the majors for rpg. KC is the only other playoff team to manage less rpg than the league average.
:shake:

I just remember the huge dodger lead yesterday evaporating fast. But interesting they were 22nd, I woulda thought they were a lot better then that.

Any team I'd give the ability to put up one big inning, because things can line up like that (right part of the order up, pitcher loses it, managerial decisions add gasoline to that pitcher's fire). Outside that one inning, they sucked (granted they're not the only team to have sucked against Kershaw over extended innings this season).

Last edited:
If Washington loses this game from here, Game 3 in SF is in some way (pre-game or live) basically an auto play on SF. Bumgarner going against what would/should have to be a deflated side.

Only 1 other pitcher in the last 43 years has pitched 6 innings in relief to win a playoff game (Pedro Martinez in '99). Petit joins him.

wrong sport, but: The Joker is about to double bagel Tomas Birdshit. He has destroyed the fuck. Unreal tennis.

---

I personally think he threw the 6th game of the 2nd set, easily the worst tennis he played all night - especially from when he had match point.

Only 1 other pitcher in the last 43 years has pitched 6 innings in relief to win a playoff game (Pedro Martinez in '99). Petit joins him.

I was at that Pedro game if I'm remembering the right one. The amazing thing about it was the era in which he did that, and the circumstances of that game. No pitcher either team tossed out there was a match for the muscled up, roid-raging sluggers of the Sox and the Tribe, it was three solid innings of home run derby. Then Pedro entered the game in relief, on short rest I believe, and completely shut 'em down. Like turning off a faucet. Always hated him as an opposing player, but he was such a witch. Doesn't get quite enough credit for how good he was at a time when hitting ruled. For a couple years there in Boston, probably the most dominant pitcher I've ever seen.

^Just looked up that game, a painful trip down memory lane. That was game five, at Jacobs Field. On the strength of Pedro's effort, the Sox came back to win that series after being down, 2-0. I was mistaken, Pedro was not on short rest, his very availability was iffy, as he had left game one with a cranky back. The Indians had scored 8 runs in the first three innings. Pedro's six innings in relief for the victory were NO HIT INNINGS! Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back