***** 2014 MLB Playoffs In-Game*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woulda loved to see Trout throw vs Gore tagging at 3rd there, woulda been silly

Duffy cracked under pressure in the previous biggest game he's done this year (the Sunday nighter vs. Cleveland).

two ways you can go with that, I'd be nervous but also wouldn't be surprised by a spectacular outing

probably moreso due to what I think is a stale opposition, but still

And if he isn't going to get the borderline calls Trout might end this game right now

If you get the leadoff guy on in 5 straight of a tie ballgame without scoring, you deserve to lose 120% of the time

Think this was the bad game for the KC offense, they could put something crooked up tomorrow

Got past Weaver, they should be heavily favored to win this series at this point

Think this was the bad game for the KC offense, they could put something crooked up tomorrow

Got past Weaver, they should be heavily favored to win this series at this point
Agree. Sorry ass CJ Wilson starts game 3 I believe so LAA better win game 2.

Think this was the bad game for the KC offense, they could put something crooked up tomorrow.

KC's offense is far more what we just saw than what they did vs. the A's. What you saw tonight is basically what you're going to get, bar the odd exception.

I'm envisioning something much more relevant to the pitching staff they face, and it ain't good

They've faced a ton of 4th & 5th rotation starters all season long to help pad their overall offensive stats for the season, and still their overall rpg is worse than the league average. Against Wilson @LAA in this season they scored 1 run (and not once in those 3 games - none of which featured Weaver - did they score more than 4 runs in regulation). Admittedly that was a reg. season game (& series), but obv. the hook for CJ will be a lot quicker for a p.s. game. If I'm seen as arguing the toss here, it's because I take issue with someone rating this KC offense. The A's cracked on the back of horrible managerial decisions which put the A's players in positions to lose (why Lester was left in to pitch and allow free base stealing defies common sense, esp. as he'd already given up 3 runs to that point. He hadn't been so stellar to warrant being left out there given such a blight. In a 1-off game, what was their bullpen being saved for?). KC beats the Angels (or any other playoff worthy team) with pitching (the 1 game they won in that reg. season series in LA was, just as with tonight's result, an extra inning one = pitching).

Last edited:
reviewing it. if it the hr doesn't stand, I wonder if they give him a double and the other runner has to stay at 3rd. if he does that would be a travesty as he would've easily scored.

Seriously, this is how celebrities work. She won't stand for this much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back