2014 Golf

Jason Day doing what Jason Day does best.

Really glad he won yesterday....but he needs to get his nerves figured out. Dude is a beast, and is a big time gamer. If he gets those nerves figured out, he can win multiple Majors

Getting a late start on things this week. Finally got around to tallying up the damage from match play and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be considering how poor my first two days went. Lost $62.50 and am still up $283.50 on the year.

It's looking like I will have two plays this week, but am still looking a little more. Will be back shortly to post final plays.

Turned into three plays.

Chris Stroud -155
over Paul Casey $116.25/$75
Matt Jones -110 over Chris Kirk $55/$50
Brendan Todd -130 over Boo Weekley $130/$100

Well this week will be No good. Wish I didnt add the third play in Jones so I could've limited my losses. Oh well hopefully Stroud at least pulls through

Rough week last week going 0-2-1 for -$185. Mad at myself for kind of forcing the Jones play. Still up $98.50 on the year but need to right the ship.

Two plays this week but keeping them smaller.

Graham DeLaet -125 over Hideki Matsuyama $62.50/$50
-DeLaet had a rough outing two weeks ago which burned me but I like his chances this week for a nice finish. 5th in GIR should be helpful this week. Matsuyama had been bothered by a bad wrist for a few weeks now. It caused him to WD last week at the Honda so this is also a bit of an injury fade.

Francesco Molinari -130 over Martin Kaymer $65/$50
-Molinari hasn't played much in the US so far this year but is in decent form with a t40 at the Northern Trust a few weeks back. And although not as relevant as at other courses due to the redesign, he has played well here in the past going t28, t13, t3 the last three years. Kaymer hasn't played particularly well this year with a t53 back in Phoenix and a MC last week at the Honda.

I played two first round matchups, albeit blindly. Funny cause I went with my two fave players, on one, against one

Bill Haas (-150) over Dubbisssion - 150 to win 100

Rory McIlroy (-135) over Jason Day - 70 to win 51.85ish

and Bill hass +5000 to lead after Round 1 - 10 to win 500 lol

Just needed some work action. Any thoughts? Though I prob should asked this before!

Dont have much of an opinion on either one.

The Haas price seems a little high to me but is probsbly the side I'd choose and the Rory bet is fine, though I tend to not bet against Day since hes my guy. Day hasnt played great here in the past though so seems like the right side.

Good luck with them.

Yeah Day is my favorite golfer too, as I've said before I don't bet golf really but trying to dabble a little bit this year. Thanks though

Day with a DNS. Guess that cancels the bet? Too bad he didn't play one hole and decide his thumb hurt

Was play suspended? Anyone watching, I am at work but nobody has shot in like 15 minutes lol. Is it bad if so?

Figures lol. Golftracker says Dubuisson has a 20 foot putt for par coming up too. Haas an 11 footer. I doubt either guy makes his after this big delay?

Looks like play is starting up again in a few minutes so I guess you'll get your answer soon.

neither did lol.

Guys must be all over the place after a rain delay like this huh? All mentally fucked up? I am a guy who plays often in the summer, and watches the last rounds of majors - but thats it

I figure Haas will have a complete meltdown here

Its not always so bad but today is probably a weird one. Most guys thought they were done for the day. McDowell tweeted something about it.

Meanwhile DeLaet is 4 over his past 4 holes which is cool...

Finished the week 2-0-1 for +$100. Now +198.50 for the year.

Frustrating to only get a push with DeLaet when he had a three shot lead on the 17th tee. Finished double, bogey to tie Matsuyama at +6. On to the Valspar.

Two plays on the PGA this week and also two plays on the Euro. I've been stalking the Euro more and more in recent months and decided to dip my feet in this week. All are smaller plays.

Russell Knox -125 over Louis Oosthuizen $62.50/$50
Stuart Appleby -135 over Tim Clark $67.50/$50

David Horsey EV over Mikko Ilonen $50/$50
Chris Wood -130 over Morten Orum Madsen $65/$50

Good luck all.

Nice sweep this week with three not getting to Sunday. +200 for the week and $398.50 on the year.

Going to Vegas Wednesday so not sure if I'll have time to cap this week but we'll see how it goes.

http://youtu.be/aWTXoNzuk8c

Always like to watch this video this week if the year. Sorry cant embed on my phone

Didn't watch or bet any golf last week since I was in Vegas. Back to it this week with three small plays.

Carl Pettersson -125 over Nicolas Colsaerts $62.50/$50
Brian Davis -105 over Brendon Todd $52.50/$50
Tyrone Van Aswegen +125 over Trevor Immelman $50/$62.50

Good luck this week.

Pretty blah 1-2 last week for -$52.50. Now +$346 on the year.

Three plays I'm looking at for this week, just trying to decide how I want to go at em. They are:

Merrick -120 over Huh
Driscoll -130 over Overton
Holmes -125 over Henley

Thoughts are welcome.

Decided to play all three. Got the reduced line on Holmes so he is -120. All are to win 50.

Good luck all

Ugh Henley went off today. Looking like a bad week unless Holmes can make a few on the way in.

Coming off a bad 0-3 last week for -$185 but still up $161 on the year. Hopefully can get back on track this week.

Jason Day -125 over Dustin Johnson $125/$100
-Even with the hand and time off concerns, he's still my pick to win this week. He's been at Augusta since last Wednesday and the hand is good to go. Dustin coming off his WD last week with a "tight back." No thanks

Rickie Fowler EV over Graham DeLaet $75/$75
-Going against a first timer, even though he appears to be a trendy pick this week and he does have a good game for the course. Rickie's new swing has been coming together nicely as evidenced by his 6th last week in Houston. Plus he's had some respectable finishes here and is the better putter.

Jason Dufner -130 over Ian Poulter $97.50/$75
-playing the steady hand. Jason has been playing some good golf with three top 15s his last three times out. He has played well here past two years with two top 25 finishes. Poulter continues to be inconsistent with a few MC this year and only one top 20 (t20) in his 7 starts of 2014. Also missed the cut here last year.

A few more I'm still looking at and I might play a bunch of smaller top 20 props.

Thanks fellas.

Adding a bunch of Top 20 props. Did this for a major a year or two ago and it worked out fairly well. All are rrisking $25:

Snedeker +125
Westwood +130
Dufner +135
McDowell +175
English +200
Fowler +200
Woodland +220
Haas +225
Moore +250
Couples +315
Every +325
Senden +420
Gallacher +500
Stadler +600

Will probably be it but I'm still looking over a few matchups

Coming off a bad 0-3 last week for -$185 but still up $161 on the year. Hopefully can get back on track this week.

Jason Day -125 over Dustin Johnson $125/$100
-Even with the hand and time off concerns, he's still my pick to win this week. He's been at Augusta since last Wednesday and the hand is good to go. Dustin coming off his WD last week with a "tight back." No thanks

Rickie Fowler EV over Graham DeLaet $75/$75
-Going against a first timer, even though he appears to be a trendy pick this week and he does have a good game for the course. Rickie's new swing has been coming together nicely as evidenced by his 6th last week in Houston. Plus he's had some respectable finishes here and is the better putter.

Jason Dufner -130 over Ian Poulter $97.50/$75
-playing the steady hand. Jason has been playing some good golf with three top 15s his last three times out. He has played well here past two years with two top 25 finishes. Poulter continues to be inconsistent with a few MC this year and only one top 20 (t20) in his 7 starts of 2014. Also missed the cut here last year.

A few more I'm still looking at and I might play a bunch of smaller top 20 props.

On all three of these before I checked here, always good to see someone else thinks like I do. GL to us both!

Back