***2014 Football World Cup*** Discussion Thread

USA either goes throgh the group stage or doesn't score 1 goal and gets bounced in dead last

Think a S American team takes it, too easy to go Brazil but they probly do it, I like Argentina

Yeah everyone can say what they want about climate but it's real IMO

Humidity, altitude etc, South America just such a different place to play and who knows what role the refs will play

ya but the thing is the whole Brazilian team and the whole Argentinian team play in Europe all year

I think it's an incredibly overrated issue

People were saying in South Africa no European team has won outside of Europe either. I think brazil has let down written all over them. Russian hockey team this winter is an example. Brazilian soccer is much better then russian hockey, but when you have the entire weight of a nation basically saying it's win or bust in a world wide event, it's not easy

I don't know if there's a huge difference but keep in mind it's gonna be "winter" in most of the places being played

Could be overrated, obviously people adapt to their environment

I grew up in humidity now live in none. Pretty much shut down now if I'm in that environment, rather be in 130 degrees than humidity

Just looked it up, average June temps in most of Brazil 70-75 degrees, obviously altitude would be different

Could be overrated, obviously people adapt to their environment

I grew up in humidity now live in none. Pretty much shut down now if I'm in that environment, rather be in 130 degrees than humidity

Just looked it up, average June temps in most of Brazil 70-75 degrees, obviously altitude would be different

Yeah, the World Cup is gonna be played in the dead of winter basically

and the whole thing that Europe cant win outside of Europe

South Africa 2010 (Spain v Dutch)
Japan 2002 (Germany in final)
US 1994 (Italy in final)
Mexico 86 (Germany in final)
Argentina 78 (Dutch in final)
Mexico 70 (Italy in final)

there have only ever been two world cups

1930 and 1950 in Uruguay and Brazil

with no European team in the final

I would say the difficulties of travel back then are the biggest issue European teams had, not the weather

Brazil is a top four team in the world.

You give them home field advantage it matters. It is probably overblown to a degree, but I think it matters.

and the whole thing that Europe cant win outside of Europe

South Africa 2010 (Spain v Dutch)
Japan 2002 (Germany in final)
US 1994 (Italy in final)
Mexico 86 (Germany in final)
Argentina 78 (Dutch in final)
Mexico 70 (Italy in final)

how has Mexico had 2 world cups

Back