*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

1274027054530.jpg

All he is doing is waiting to publicly commit so he can get on ESPN and do it on national tv on signing day, even more hype for Ole Miss. He was been recruiting for Ole Miss for months. This has been a done deal forever.

Now he gets a free visit to LSU the weekend of the super bowl and mardi gras.

You're taking all the fun out of my bold predictions!!! :angry2:

Shots. Fired.

@CoachHughFreeze: If you have facts about a violation, send it to compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please do not slander these young men or insult their family

1. I don't think it's the young men or their parents that people are insulting

2. It's libel not slander Hugh.

3. Wouldn't sending complaints to the Ole Miss compliance department be equivalent to putting the fox in charge of the hen house???

C'mon boys, don't y'all know that every 5* in America spent their teen years dreaming of going to Ole Miss and playing for such a storied program?

One that hasn't won an SEC title since their gandpappies were in college (50 years)? :)

C'mon boys, don't y'all know that every 5* in America spent their teen years dreaming of going to Ole Miss and playing for such a storied program?

One that hasn't won an SEC title since their gandpappies were in college (50 years)? :)

:hello:

Last edited:
and no diss to Graove and NYGfan and the Ole Miss crew:shake:

good boys there

just good ol natured ribbing

and no diss to Graove and NYGfan and the Ole Miss crew:shake:

good boys there

just good ol natured ribbing

No offense taken. I can understand the perception that Ole Miss' recruiting success must be a result of NCAA violations, but the reality is that Ole Miss has been the beneficiary of some incredible luck. Any objective analysis of our class supports that conclusion.

I don't want to minimize the staff's relentless pursuit of some of these guys, but that alone doesn't get it done. Nkemdiche has an obvious connection to Ole Miss, and his interest made Ole Miss a legitimate option for others. Treadwell's best friend, Anthony Standifer, is a redshirt freshman on the team. When Treadwell visited Oxford, he loved the campus, and that was enough for Freeze to get his foot in the door. Conner is from a traditional Ole Miss pipeline, and C. Jones lives an hour away from Oxford. The only wildcard is Tunsil, but Nkemdiche and Treadwell have both been recruiting him. Once he visited Oxford, Ole Miss became a contender. The SEC guys around here know this but for those that don't: Oxford is a football crazy party town with ridiculously attractive women. It's easy for an 18 year old, bad ass football player to fall in love with the town.

No offense taken. I can understand the perception that Ole Miss' recruiting success must be a result of NCAA violations, but the reality is that Ole Miss has been the beneficiary of some incredible luck. Any objective analysis of our class supports that conclusion.

I don't want to minimize the staff's relentless pursuit of some of these guys, but that alone doesn't get it done. Nkemdiche has an obvious connection to Ole Miss, and his interest made Ole Miss a legitimate option for others. Treadwell's best friend, Anthony Standifer, is a redshirt freshman on the team. When Treadwell visited Oxford, he loved the campus, and that was enough for Freeze to get his foot in the door. Conner is from a traditional Ole Miss pipeline, and C. Jones lives an hour away from Oxford. The only wildcard is Tunsil, but Nkemdiche and Treadwell have both been recruiting him. Once he visited Oxford, Ole Miss became a contender. The SEC guys around here know this but for those that don't: Oxford is a football crazy party town with ridiculously attractive women. It's easy for an 18 year old, bad ass football player to fall in love with the town.

As a Gator, I love that y'all are (at least for one cycle) taking blue chip recruits away from (predominately) Bama, LSU & UGA... :shake:

I'm a huge Hugh Freeze fan. I've been talking the guy up all season, and I have no problem with Ole Miss' recruiting class except for Tunsil. I say every year around this time that when a school pulls a blue chip recruit they haven't recruited at the 11th hour from schools that have, there is invaribly some funny stuff going on behind the scenes. Auburn has been famous for this type of recruiting. Cam Newton is a perfect example. Auburn did not even contact Newton until after Christmas, and Newton barely knew what Auburn was, and certainly had no clue where it was. Next thing you know Newton shuns the coaches that have been recruiting him for years and commits to Auburn saying "the money was just too good."

In a similar vein, Tunsil has been a UGA/Alabama battle for nearly a solid year. At the 11th hour he decides to visit Ole Miss. During his visit he admitted he had no clue where he [Ole Miss] was, had never heard of Hugh Freeze, and had no clue that Ole Miss ran an up-tempo offense. Despite his complete unfamilirity with Ole Miss and their football program, suddenly he is all Ole Miss. That is the type of commit (assuming he does) that makes everyone in the recruiting world say "hmmmmmmmmm."

Last edited:
As a Gator, I love that y'all are (at least for one cycle) taking blue chip recruits away from (predominately) Bama, LSU & UGA... :shake:

Other than Tunsil (assuming he commits to Ole Miss), Ole Miss' recruiting class has had very little effect on Alabama, and Alabama may not have gotten Tunsil even if Ole Miss weren't in the picture. Other than Tunsil, the only other Ole Miss recruit Alabama is after is Antonio Connor, and Alabama still has a decent shot of landing him.

I'm not sure where the Alabama staff had Tunsil rated in terms on priority, but with offensive tackle being one of Alabama's biggest positions of need, I would assume he is a very high priority. For me personally, Tunsil was my number #1 priority in the entire class, so losing him would sting a little.

While what you say is true and all the coaches ARE working their asses off - it still doesn't mean the boosters aren't greasing some wheels as well. IMO, it takes BOTH to get a guy to your program when everyone else wants 'him' too. It's just the way it is and I certainly wouldn't take any offense if it were tossed my way (has and been caught).

I hope I win the lottery.

The Cotton Bowl would be a huge huge victory

Didn't specifically mean this year, just in the future. SEC west is cyclical, no single program has dominated for a huge length of time. Its about time one of the Mississippi schools does.

While what you say is true and all the coaches ARE working their asses off - it still doesn't mean the boosters aren't greasing some wheels as well. IMO, it takes BOTH to get a guy to your program when everyone else wants 'him' too. It's just the way it is and I certainly wouldn't take any offense if it were tossed my way (has and been caught).

Everybody in the SEC plays the game, and Ole Miss is no exception. However, the idea that we outbid the big boys for all of these kids is ridiculous. I know you aren't accusing Ole Miss of that Carolina Guy, but virtually every article, tweet, etc. I've seen about the subject either implies that or explicitly accuses us of winning a bidding war.

Freeze's hard work and a lot of luck are responsible for this class. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't think for a second there aren't multi millionaire fans and/or graduates of EVERY school. It just depends how far these multi millionaires are willing to go at each school. It doesn't take a whole lot of their earnings and quite honestly I'd be willing to bet it is filtered out of their business or comes out of "petty cash".

Everybody in the SEC plays the game, and Ole Miss is no exception. However, the idea that we outbid the big boys for all of these kids is ridiculous. I know you aren't accusing Ole Miss of that Carolina Guy, but virtually every article, tweet, etc. I've seen about the subject either implies that or explicitly accuses us of winning a bidding war.

Freeze's hard work and a lot of luck are responsible for this class. Nothing more, nothing less.

C'mon bro, SEC recruiting is as cut throat as it gets...Freeze isn't a recruiting svengali without deep pocketed donors. Kids sure as hell aren't going to Ole Miss because of their recent (or past) success...

:dancing:

Don't think for a second there aren't multi millionaire fans and/or graduates of EVERY school. It just depends how far these multi millionaires are willing to go at each school. It doesn't take a whole lot of their earnings and quite honestly I'd be willing to bet it is filtered out of their business or comes out of "petty cash".

:thumbsup2:

WOW!!! Reese Dismukes pissed off all the official visitors at Auburn this weekend with more of his racial BS. Reuben Foster took off and went to Tuscaloosa for the rest of the weekend. Auburn can kiss Reuben Foster goodbye, and probably Carl Lawson & Montravius Adams too!!! The tire fire on the Plains continues!!!

WOW!!! Reese Dismukes pissed off all the official visitors at Auburn this weekend with more of his racial BS. Reuben Foster took off and went to Tuscaloosa for the rest of the weekend. Auburn can kiss Reuben Foster goodbye, and probably Carl Lawson & Montravius Adams too!!! The tire fire on the Plains continues!!!

[video=youtube;46bBWBG9r2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o[/video]

He tweeted out: "LSU pushing man!!! Getting hard now!!"

and

"LSU pulling out da facts!!!"

guess the visit went well.....Look he probably goes to Ole Miss, I get it. Even though my man Jimmy says LSU.....which I hope

least you'll get your hat on the table twink.

Monster Adams looks like he is going to end up at Auburn. A real kick in the nuts to UGA/Clemson.

He tweeted out: "LSU pushing man!!! Getting hard now!!"

and

"LSU pulling out da facts!!!"

guess the visit went well.....Look he probably goes to Ole Miss, I get it. Even though my man Jimmy says LSU.....which I hope

Ultimately I think family pressure probably steers Nkemdiche to Ole Miss, but I honestly don't think that's his favorite school. All things being equal (and they are far from equal), I don't think he'd even be considering Ole Miss right now. I think this is an internal head vs. heart battle with his heart being at LSU (or even Clemson). I hope I'm wrong. I'd much rather see him at Ole Miss. I just think LSU has a much better chance than most give them credit for. I certainly don't believe this is the Ole Miss slam dunk that most people perceive it to be.

Vanderdoes' visit to Tuscaloosa this past weekend has left 3 fan bases confident they will land him. Vanderdoes' mother appears to favor Notre Dame. His father would like him to stay close to home, and therefore favors UCLA. Some people, however, believe Vanderous himself is leaning Alabama. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I would say Alabama is the darhorse right now.

I will still stick with my three signing day shockers of:

Robinson to Alabama (this is pretty much a done deal now)
Vanderdoes to Alabama (Alabama appears to be the dark horse)
and Nkemdiche to LSU (LSU is most definitely a dark horse)

Also of note, it looks like Alabama will likely land Reuben Foster, and that Tunsil is headed to Ole Miss.

Foster's recruiting has been bizarre.

He would be best served to go to Bama where their approach to football is professional and he won't be coddled. He will either get with the program or get lost.

Back