*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

yea...no doubt....mich molds young men bro..the best of the best.....those who stay...

Frank Clark and Fitz probably will be in state senate in a few years and working for Habitat for Humanity.

not at all saying that jump, but some of that is the dick rod shit he brought in. mich is far from perfect and i am far from the beer goggle fan for my team, probably one of the most critical of my teams. my point is i would rather hoke run a stand up program of kids and get 10 wins a year then win 2 titles and make a disgrace of our program with a bunch of punk kids. nothing more, nothing less. and i hope urb doesnt do it to your team, think that would be a real shame.

No doubt. Original post was a pure trolling of Gator fans...and had zero place in a recruiting thread.

trolling gators fans? one of my good buddies went to the gators and i tend to root for them more than not actually and he agrees with what i said. i actually loved spurrier as coach there! but it was a fact released by the NY times. was unaware there were gators fans in here besides you. and yes its 2013, so i was now two years off, unless you are already adding in 3 weeks of this year to make it seem like 8. or has there been arrests this year already? i dont know. report ran til 2011 i believe. so we will call it in the middle, 6.

if the harvard of the north has been cited for this incredulous amount of arrests, i would be fuming mad with my program and wouldnt minimize arrests, arrests just dont happen to good, upstanding people, not 43 times in say, give or take, 6 years fair?

Ah who cares, Chomp Chomp, i hope they clean it up!

there are 6 white players in the 2013 UF class.

there were 4 white players in the 2012 UF class.

I am sorry, can you explain or at least tell me why you are coming up this line of thought?

ok here is the last thing i will put about this

think u missed the boat on this one. it was a joke on anzalone in reference to CG post. i said it is odd that a white Linebacker (only) would go to florida because historically, through say my, give or take, 25 years of watching college football, and most notably since Florida has been a powerhouse, say Spurrier days, but more Urb days when they were winning Nat Champs with TD Jesus, did I see any white kids at LB for the Gators, at least of relevance. In fact, the sec in general, the notable sec teams. most of the white linebackers, LBs, only i am speaking of, seem to come midwest/east and even some west, but rarely sec schools. so when the whack job anzalone decomitted from ohio st, no then notre dame, i noted, to much criticism, though factual, that it is odd to see a white kid from the northeast/midwest go down south to play LB. in fact i noted i cannot remember florida having a white linebacker of prominence ever play for them. it was actually a joke that anzalone will ever be prominent there, because CG noted about his head and that kids like this never pan out. so i agreed and thought out loud that and especially since white lbs dont seem to ever have relevance down there, it was a dumb move on his part. my point was he would have more success one would think, I, at a school like Ohio St, ND, or PSU (a team notorious for recruiting white lbs)

from herzlich, to kuechly, to sean lee, to posluzny, to dan connor to katzenmoyer to vrabel, to laurinits to hawk to chad greenway these are predominantly guys not from the sec.

so they have another white linebacker that is going there too, i am told and the kid is great. perhaps they will have their first prominent white backer, or perhaps they will turn out to be special teamers. i dont know. it simply seemed odd to me. my bad!

apologize for the long dissertation and babbling, i wanted to be fair and explain for you ETG to end this post that is wasting everyone's time here. For that i have apologized.

trolling gators fans? one of my good buddies went to the gators and i tend to root for them more than not actually and he agrees with what i said. i actually loved spurrier as coach there! but it was a fact released by the NY times. was unaware there were gators fans in here besides you. and yes its 2013, so i was now two years off, unless you are already adding in 3 weeks of this year to make it seem like 8. or has there been arrests this year already? i dont know. report ran til 2011 i believe. so we will call it in the middle, 6.

if the harvard of the north has been cited for this incredulous amount of arrests, i would be fuming mad with my program and wouldnt minimize arrests, arrests just dont happen to good, upstanding people, not 43 times in say, give or take, 6 years fair?

Ah who cares, Chomp Chomp, i hope they clean it up!

Brother, I was only trying to get you to look into the number 43 a bit deeper...maybe admitting that getting popped for underage drinking or MJ possession in college doesn't equate to being a "punk kid" while also acknowledging that we don't know the true number of kids who get in trouble at any of the major programs due to the power most HCs hold over local authorities. (In UF's situation, it is also my belief that Gainesville PD's militant attitude toward the student body coupled with CUM's inability to keep this shit under wraps made sure every "arrest", no matter how minor, was highly publicized.)

Muschamp came in with a mandate to "clean up the program" now, whether he does that through being tougher on the "punk kids" or covering better for them we'll probably never know. :)

Last edited:

think u missed the boat on this one. it was a joke on anzalone in reference to CG post. i said it is odd that a white Linebacker (only) would go to florida because historically, through say my, give or take, 25 years of watching college football, and most notably since Florida has been a powerhouse, say Spurrier days, but more Urb days when they were winning Nat Champs with TD Jesus, did I see any white kids at LB for the Gators, at least of relevance. In fact, the sec in general, the notable sec teams. most of the white linebackers, LBs, only i am speaking of, seem to come midwest/east and even some west, but rarely sec schools. so when the whack job anzalone decomitted from ohio st, no then notre dame, i noted, to much criticism, though factual, that it is odd to see a white kid from the northeast/midwest go down south to play LB. in fact i noted i cannot remember florida having a white linebacker of prominence ever play for them. it was actually a joke that anzalone will ever be prominent there, because CG noted about his head and that kids like this never pan out. so i agreed and thought out loud that and especially since white lbs dont seem to ever have relevance down there, it was a dumb move on his part. my point was he would have more success one would think, I, at a school like Ohio St, ND, or PSU (a team notorious for recruiting white lbs)

from herzlich, to kuechly, to sean lee, to posluzny, to dan connor to katzenmoyer to vrabel, to laurinits to hawk to chad greenway these are predominantly guys not from the sec.

so they have another white linebacker that is going there too, i am told and the kid is great. perhaps they will have their first prominent white backer, or perhaps they will turn out to be special teamers. i dont know. it simply seemed odd to me. my bad!

apologize for the long dissertation and babbling, i wanted to be fair and explain for you ETG to end this post that is wasting everyone's time here. For that i have apologized.

It may have been in reference to my post, but as you see below this is what it was in reference to. I didn't bring up race anywhere it the post ....

Originally Posted by Carolina Guy
When you see a guy decommit from two schools the cards are stacked against that guy from ever working out. He's already got mental issues before he ever walks on to campus.

You voluntarily brought up race and then cudder and Mully sort of argued your post.

When I broach the subject of race, you'll know it ....

right. We'll just start with Bentley Spain, Derrell Scott, and Braxton Berrios. Then I'm sure UF will come in and take who they want. LSU probably snags 1-2. Clemson will snag a WR and another player. UGA takes what they want. Then you guys can go picking.

Week 1 can't get here fast enough.

Living in the past, ETG. Going forward as long as Fedora sticks around UNC will not be losing every great recruit to out of state teams. The fact is there is a lot of really good talent in this state and only one school is worth going to.

Give me a prediction of the UNC-USC game this coming year.

Mitch Trubisky -QB

for the rust belt breech of Ohio, why is this guy ranked by Rivals as the 25th best QB in the country and 60th overall player in the state of Ohio? The guy played in arguably the best conference in the state and and had like 41 TD's total running/passing. Not to mention he was named Ohio POY.

Calling any 18 year old kid a "whack job" is ridiculous...these kids (unlike their coaches) get one chance to make a decision that will impact their lives forever. We should all cut them a damn break.

Next, you're equating skin color with geography and socioeconomic status when talking blue chip CFB players. (Short and sweet explanation: The historical preponderance of white LBs at Northern schools vs. SEC schools has more to do with geography and the socioeconomic status of the surroundiong population base than actual skin color.)

P.S. My favorite "working class LB" was the great Shane Conlon from near my hometown.

oh save the fucking race talk for someone who gives a shit.

it wasnt a racist comment, quit crying that everything is about race and trying to be so damn politically correct. what i said is true. its not taking a shot at black or white race and you have no idea which race i am.

people, like twink say race shit on here all the time and its not meant to be racist about skin color of players, i dont work for espn, i can say what the hell i want when i want.

play the race card thing, blah blah blah:crying:

it wasnt a racist comment, quit crying that everything is about race and trying to be so damn politically correct. what i said is true. its not taking a shot at black or white race and you have no idea which race i am.

people, like twink say race shit on here all the time and its not meant to be racist about skin color of players, i dont work for espn, i can say what the hell i want when i want.

“Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (Abe Lincoln)

Living in the past, ETG. Going forward as long as Fedora sticks around UNC will not be losing every great recruit to out of state teams. The fact is there is a lot of really good talent in this state and only one school is worth going to.

Give me a prediction of the UNC-USC game this coming year.

What is the past about the 2014 recruits that will be poached by the out of state schools?

When does this imaginary fence Fedora is building become a reality?

13-17point Gamecock win.

considering our record at home the last 4 seasons, a win ain't happening for you.

Last edited:
“Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (Abe Lincoln)

heard that one 1,000 times, the first time in my AP history class in 8th grade when i bussed over to the high school for classes. 2.5 degrees later i would say, take your own advice and practice what you preach.

heard that one 1,000 times, the first time in my AP history class in 8th grade when i bussed over to the high school for classes. 2.5 degrees later i would say, take your own advice and practice what you preach.

You're the only one in this entire thread who brought up race. I was only commenting on (not condemning) your illogical attempt to equate race with success of SEC LBs. Congrats on your 2.5 degrees ... :clapping:

Now, lets get back to 2013 recruiting, cool?

What is the past about the 2014 recruits that will be poached by the out of state schools?

When does this imaginary fence Fedora is building become a reality?

13-17point Gamecock win.

considering our record at home the last 4 seasons, a win ain't happening for you.

2014 recruits?! Yea, they are locked in aren't they! Lol.

13-17 points is about what I would expect out of you. It'll be a FG game in either direction.

A win is very well within the Tar Heels reach in the first game of the season. Sure hope no one comes calling with a better game so we get this shit on finally!!

2014 recruits?! Yea, they are locked in aren't they! Lol.

13-17 points is about what I would expect out of you. It'll be a FG game in either direction.

A win is very well within the Tar Heels reach in the first game of the season. Sure hope no one comes calling with a better game so we get this shit on finally!!

Can't wait to see spread...whether you're on board with CTG or CG...could be a Play of The Decade type wager. :)

what does this mean?

cubsker, you dont like me cuz u didnt agree with me about a pedophile case if i remember which is becoming increasingly likely i was right about. i really have nothing to say to you other than your last post contributed next to nothing useful for recruiting either, congrats!

etg-far from genius unless it involves history and english, i almost failed chemistry.

twink- not a shot at you, it just means you are one that uses the term white boy when referring to players at times, which isnt racist at all, leading me to..

mr mully- i was talking to CG about race, not you. we just dont agree on all things, its fine with me. good luck to your gators this year and may there white boy lbs be prosperous, would love to see it.

think that addresses all of the questions i was asked, just trying to respond to those.

now, for the important stuff

MaxPreps takes a crack at handicapping the favorite with only three days remaining.

Favorite: Michigan
Months ago, it appeared that Michigan might finish with Ty Isaac and Laquon Treadwell. Now, the team's need for an offensive weapon is real. Luckily, Brady Hoke and staff have done a terrific job recruiting Green, whose 6-foot, 200-pound frame allows him to be the type of downhill runner that should flourish in the Big 10. Kolenich said he would be surprised if Green signed anywhere but Michigan, and we're apt to agree.

Sleeper: Auburn
Despite a coaching change and having to recruit against Alabama, Auburn is in the mix for a surprising number of elite recruits, a testament to the job Gus Malzahn has done in his short time as head coach. The lure of playing in the SEC could help sway Green.

Long shot: Tennessee
Green took an official visit to Tennessee in September. After Derek Dooley was fired, Butch Jones quickly picked up the recruiting efforts and made a point to visit Green. The Volunteers remain a long shot, however.

So mad Michigan didn't get Treadwell. That kid is ready to go now. At least Drake Harris reopened his recruitment.

So glad Denard era is over.

OSU frosh OL Joey O'Connor and sophomore LB Conner Crowell are leaving the team, per OSU

due to arrests or oversigning....oh i am just being silly, dont get all mad guys.

So mad Michigan didn't get Treadwell. That kid is ready to go now. At least Drake Harris reopened his recruitment.

So glad Denard era is over.

agree on everything though i would have loved isaac as well, though sometimes i get the marc tyler feel looking at his film.

drake harris single handedly ruined my alma mater winning another ship, it was sickening. for some reason i think he goes out of state but at least i can hope it wont be sparty.

im not a basketball scout but does Drake Harris plan to play 2 sports in college? I don't see the hoops ability.

Also, does he only play against white DBs?

He is only playing football. It's why he dropped msu, still considering them and tosu of course.

Grand rapids lol its a mix of black and white out there.

Harris is a three star basketball recruit and probably the top rated WR in his class...he has to decide based on foots...I think he ends up at UM ...

The kid is good, without a doubt. He has good size and good hands. His junior year stats are eye popping as well. I watch his highlights and I see him beating smaller white dbs on every play. Top rated WR in the 2014 class may be a stretch unless he goes out to the combines/camps and proves it against equally talented players. Certainly a great pick up for whoever, this was just my first time paying attention to him.

*i am only a scout from behind the computer screen on select nights of the week.

I agree jump. It's playing time galore in that spot. I'm not a fan of Hokes rules with recruiting. It is what it is. These are 17 yr.old kids. Half can't do their own laundry let alone pick a school. Let them visit. Take your time. See what's out there.

This we are Michigan stuff is bs. Jmo. It's a line of arrogance that's unjustified especially in last 10 years.

He's crushed every camp etg, so has Webb. You can argue cass tech plays against poorly coached schools with no funds. Michigan isn't exactly a football hotbed except for 1-3 guys per year.

He's crushed every camp etg, so has Webb. You can argue cass tech plays against poorly coached schools with no funds. Michigan isn't exactly a football hotbed except for 1-3 guys per year.

didnt know bout the camp circuit in the summer. good to hear.

Skilled. My money on Osu if he visits. Unless Gardner throws 20-25x a game this year.

<s>
@</s>ZachAbolverdi
MT “<s>@</s>rivalsmike: 5 star DB Jalen Ramsey still committed to <s>#</s>USC, will host head coaches of <s>#</s>USC, <s>#</s>UF & <s>#</s>FSU this wk & likely decide next wk”

<s>@</s>AndrewSpiveyGC
In a message received from Jalen Ramsey's father he says Jalen is only considering <s>#</s>UF, <s>#</s>FSU and <s>#</s>USC all schools will visit him this week.

<s>@</s>ZachAbolverdi <s>#</s>UF's top recruiter working on his next target. <s>#</s>Gators RT “<s>@</s>NickWashingtonn: Talking to that kid J. Ramsey thoughhhh ”

:)

Good morning, Tiger Fans,With only two weeks before signing day, the hot topic if discussion remains football recruiting. It's always fun to speculate about how a recruiting class will finish, but the truth is it's really hard to predict what the next two weeks will bring. If LSU didn't add anyone to the class, which currently contains 27 commitments(counting all early enrollees/signees), it would still be a solid class. At this point, LSU has commitments from two quarterbacks, five offensive linemen, three wide receivers, two tight ends, two athletes (ATH), eight defensive linemen, one linebacker and four corner defensive backs. Of the four defensive backs, Jeremy Cutrer is the only true safety, and I know the staff would like to add another.The most highly ranked safety target on LSU's board is Priest Willis who tweeted yesterday that he will be announcing his school of choice today, but my best source says it will be UCLA. I'll tweet the news to those of you who follow @DandyDonLSU on Twitter as soon as I hear it. (If you aren't a Twitter user, just keep an eye on the left side of this page to see my most recent tweets.)It appears that LSU might be making a late push for 2013 DT Keith Bryant of Delray Beach, Florida. Yesterday, multiple tweets originating from Florida reporters suggested that there is renewed interest on the part of LSU. According to 247’s timeline, Bryant (DT, 6'2" 306, Highlight Video) received LSU's offer a long time ago after unofficially visiting LSU in March of last year. I'll be keeping an eye on this development as well, and will keep you posted.Another name to watch for is Dontril Hymann (DE, 6’4”, 265). Hymann is one of LSU commit Quantavious Leslie’s teammates at Hinds CC, and yesterday Leslie stated via Twitter that Hymann was a “soon to be Tiger.” Like I said before, these last two weeks of recruiting could get very interesting

The kid is good, without a doubt. He has good size and good hands. His junior year stats are eye popping as well. I watch his highlights and I see him beating smaller white dbs on every play. Top rated WR in the 2014 class may be a stretch unless he goes out to the combines/camps and proves it against equally talented players. Certainly a great pick up for whoever, this was just my first time paying attention to him.

*i am only a scout from behind the computer screen on select nights of the week.

well st marys in the champ game this year has normally only black kids in the secondary nowadays, though the most talented one by far was giving up about half a foot and is a sophomore. it was the way he caught some of those balls that amazed me, goes way up for it then his RAC ability is impressive for his size, he is pretty fluid.

but he is half white i believe unless he was adopted, his mom is a blonde

Last edited:

dont have to argue that, its a fact. though no doubt their 2 year champ run is very impressive. give them a ton of cred though, they have been able to keep those detroit kids there instead of losing them to rice, dcd, and st marys lately. the closing of deporres years back was huge for them. now with crockett closed, some of those kids go to that new consitorium school. but basically every kid in the city now who has talent goes to tech or king unless st marys gives them a blank check. detroit kids are staying for the most part, pontiac/southfield kids more likely to go private.

Back