*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

I'd guess Connor ole miss, bell bama as well...

u want bell as a corner or safety? I've read conflicting reports..

I agree that Conner probably remains in-state.

Alabama has three positions of need: Pass rushing defensive end, cornerback and a prototype offensive tackle.

Recruiting services list Bell as a safety, but from what I understand he can play either safety or corner. Alabama has so much talent at safety it should be illegal, thus I assume Saban is recruiting him as a corner.

Jimmy how many can Bama have this year recruit wise goin back retro actively?

I was fuckin with you in another thread regarding the East/West matchups....cannot recall which thread now.

You do not deny the Bama/Tenn game is the one that is the hurdle, no? Maybe LSU/FLA now(unlikely really), but the 3rd Sat in Oct has been the reason for the shitshow. Do you have other info?

Also do you think Milliner will be a good corner in the NFL?

How has Landon Collins looked?

Have a good wknd bro:shake:

Jimmy how many can Bama have this year recruit wise goin back retro actively?

I was fuckin with you in another thread regarding the East/West matchups....cannot recall which thread now.

You do not deny the Bama/Tenn game is the one that is the hurdle, no? Maybe LSU/FLA now(unlikely really), but the 3rd Sat in Oct has been the reason for the shitshow. Do you have other info?

Also do you think Milliner will be a good corner in the NFL?

How has Landon Collins looked?

Have a good wknd bro:shake:

Solving Pi would be easier than trying to figure out Alabama's recruiting numbers. Even guys that do this for a living don't know. The main reason is that Saban won't release the necessary scholarship information. If you don't know how many players are on scholarship, then it's simply not possible to calculate.

All SEC teams have a cross-divisional "rivalry" game, and those games are played every year. Alabama's rivalry game is Tennessee. LSU's is Florida. Auburn's is Georgia, etc. Prior to expansion each team played their one cross-divisional rivalry game plus a home and home with two other teams from the opposite division. After expansion it is now the rivalry game and only one home and home. This is just another reason why I was opposed the whole expansion nonsense.

Prior to Saban's arrival, Alabama was getting dominated by their two rivals - Auburn and Tennessee. Alabama had about a 6 or 7 game losing streak to each. Obviously Saban has completely flipped that around now, and I seriously doubt either of those teams ever beat Alabama again while Saban is Alabama's coach.

I should note that Saban is in favor of following the lead of other conferences and adding a 9th conference game. I like the idea as well. Mike Slive and the SEC are as corrupt as they come however, so I'll believe it when I see it.

I have said for the better part of two years that Milliner is a better corner than Dre Kirkpatrick, and was mocked frequently for that opinion. The fact of the matter is Milliner is better than Kirkpatrick in every phase of the position, and will make a better pro corner than Kirkpatrick. Milliner should be a top 10 pick.

Landon Collins' athleticism is off the charts. When he learns what he's doing, he'll be downright nasty. This is my favorite high school video clip of Collins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3RuKBuuSs

Had a huge coed tournament yesterday and we came in third, so the weekend is a failure. Basically I'm sore as hell for nothing.

Hope your weekend is going better than mine.

:shake:

NY Times report that 43 Florida Gators football players arrested since 2005.

CUM's legacy...and an overactive GPD. Numbers depend on relationship between program and campus/city police departments. I'd personally rather have 20 guys busted for possession of Gainesville Green than coverups like PSU and ND.

Muschamp just had his 1st personally recruited player arrested (scooter w/expired tags...lol, rode my scooter for 3 yrs with no tags but that was a long time ago.)

CUM's legacy...and an overactive GPD. Numbers depend on relationship between program and campus/city police departments. I'd personally rather have 20 guys busted for possession of Gainesville Green than coverups like PSU and ND.

Muschamp just had his 1st personally recruited player arrested (scooter w/expired tags...lol, rode my scooter for 3 yrs with no tags but that was a long time ago.)

dont let anzalone read this, he may jump to usc, then to oregon, then to stanford and stay put.

i will take my shots here i assume but some different disgusting animals all the same, but cover up at notre dame did involve players, 2 rapists, and one who is still in question for being Yag at worst so sure its apples to apples. psu didnt involve players, so apples to oranges.

i will take my shots here i assume but some different disgusting animals all the same, but cover up at notre dame did involve players, 2 rapists, and one who is still in question for being Yag at worst so sure its apples to apples. psu didnt involve players, so apples to oranges.

Yea, I'm sure with the absolute power JoePa had and sway he held over local authorities players who broke the law were never covered for...

My point was UF's arrests were CUM's legacy (along with 2 MNCs)...and were predominately weed related. (Muschamp has made it a point of decreasing such behavior.)
Personally see zero wrong with an SEC "student"-athlete :bong:

Anzalone up to #28 in Rivals 100 ... ;) (Kid gets to play in college's best conference and enjoy 75* days in January...smarter than most of us, I'd say.)

trevell dixon too. thoughts on him?
Carter was the get. This kid decomitted from yall once I see? QB that they say will be moved to defense, but he is insistent on being on the offense I see? What yall tell him?

Athletic enough to do things...not be a QB at the next level

animals?

Yea, I'm sure with the absolute power JoePa had and sway he held over local authorities players who broke the law were never covered for...

My point was UF's arrests were CUM's legacy (along with 2 MNCs)...and were predominately weed related. (Muschamp has made it a point of decreasing such behavior.)

Anzalone up to #28 in Rivals 100 ... ;) (Kid gets to play in college's best conference and enjoy 75* days in January...smarter than most of us, I'd say.)
The LSU boys definitely agree with u mully

Carter was the get. This kid decomitted from yall once I see? QB that they say will be moved to defense, but he is insistent on being on the offense I see? What yall tell him?

Athletic enough to do things...not be a QB at the next level

I heard he will start on offense, but that means WR. We have our QBs of the future in Tommy Armstrong out of Texas from last year's class who redshirted and Johnny Stanton this year out of Cali. Sounds like he fits the best at CB.

Losing your touch, ETG.

its a recruiting thread.

what did you want me to say?

first we take your DL coach, then we take one of the top 2 players in your state by April, and then give you a beat down in Cola to start the season?

he does seem like a solid young coach though

Last edited:
[h=1]Football Recruit Who Said His Notre Dame Visit “Went Great” Never Actually Visited Campus[/h]
avt-small.jpg
Barry Petchesky

Georgia high school running back Stanley Williams committed to UGA two summers ago, but he may be having second thoughts. As his star has risen, he's received interest from a number of big-time programs, including, he says, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Oregon, and Notre Dame. The junior is planning to weigh all his options, and that includes making plenty of campus visits this offseason.
Williams was scheduled to travel to Notre Dame this past weekend, and take in Saturday night's ND-Rutgers basketball game. Yesterday, he told Blue and Gold Illustrated all about his trip.
"The visit went great," Williams said. "It was great to experience something new and different, and we had a great time at the game. I had been looking forward to it for a while, and it was great to just get out there and see a new place. I plan on getting up there a couple more times in the future."
One little problem. Williams never actually went to Notre Dame.
A pair of Notre Dame writers flagged the quote, saying his scheduled campus visit didn't happen. 247Sports's Rusty Mansell reached out to Williams to ask if he had gone to Notre Dame, and Williams replied, "No sir."
So what happened? This isn't a Mitch Albom situation where a writer filed a story before it took place (or didn't take place)—Williams actually gave those quotes. He also spoke of talking with Notre Dame tight ends coach Scott Booker, and says Booker promised him an offer would be forthcoming. The most logical guess, which itself isn't particularly logical, is that Williams hoped to increase his standing with other universities by claiming an offer from a team fresh off a BCS Title Game appearance. It was only a matter of time before the robust recruiting community caught him out, and it took less than a day.
"After taking the visit there," Williams said, "they are definitely high up there on my list." The sentiment probably isn't mutual any longer.

clearly, you are missing the point. you are excusing 43 arrests from a football program. of course champ is trying to clean it up, he has to. and i would say at the height of urbs existence in gainesville, he had as much power if not more than granpa, while caring a whole lot less for his players being.

can only hope CUM pulls the same tricks at Ohio State.

its a recruiting thread.

what did you want me to say?

first we take your DL coach, then we take one of the top 2 players in your state by April, and then give you a beat down in Cola to start the season?

he does seem like a solid young coach though

Gonna get a rude awakening in whatever the hell 'Cola' is. Gotta be the dumbest short hand name for a town I've ever heard. And I'm not just saying that for kicks either. That really is a dumb f'ing name. The Heels are on the come and will get to the mountain top as long as Fedora sticks around. Don't be expecting anything from this great state anymore with exception to the occasional recruit just bc it is a numbers game.

Gonna get a rude awakening in whatever the hell 'Cola' is. Gotta be the dumbest short hand name for a town I've ever heard. And I'm not just saying that for kicks either. That really is a dumb f'ing name. The Heels are on the come and will get to the mountain top as long as Fedora sticks around. Don't be expecting anything from this great state anymore with exception to the occasional recruit just bc it is a numbers game.

right. We'll just start with Bentley Spain, Derrell Scott, and Braxton Berrios. Then I'm sure UF will come in and take who they want. LSU probably snags 1-2. Clemson will snag a WR and another player. UGA takes what they want. Then you guys can go picking.

Week 1 can't get here fast enough.

clearly, you are missing the point. you are excusing 43 arrests from a football program. of course champ is trying to clean it up, he has to. and i would say at the height of urbs existence in gainesville, he had as much power if not more than granpa, while caring a whole lot less for his players being.

two titles would be fabulous.

Football Recruit Who Said His Notre Dame Visit “Went Great” Never Actually Visited Campus

avt-small.jpg
Barry Petchesky

Georgia high school running back Stanley Williams committed to UGA two summers ago, but he may be having second thoughts. As his star has risen, he's received interest from a number of big-time programs, including, he says, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Oregon, and Notre Dame. The junior is planning to weigh all his options, and that includes making plenty of campus visits this offseason.
Williams was scheduled to travel to Notre Dame this past weekend, and take in Saturday night's ND-Rutgers basketball game. Yesterday, he told Blue and Gold Illustrated all about his trip.
"The visit went great," Williams said. "It was great to experience something new and different, and we had a great time at the game. I had been looking forward to it for a while, and it was great to just get out there and see a new place. I plan on getting up there a couple more times in the future."
One little problem. Williams never actually went to Notre Dame.
A pair of Notre Dame writers flagged the quote, saying his scheduled campus visit didn't happen. 247Sports's Rusty Mansell reached out to Williams to ask if he had gone to Notre Dame, and Williams replied, "No sir."
So what happened? This isn't a Mitch Albom situation where a writer filed a story before it took place (or didn't take place)—Williams actually gave those quotes. He also spoke of talking with Notre Dame tight ends coach Scott Booker, and says Booker promised him an offer would be forthcoming. The most logical guess, which itself isn't particularly logical, is that Williams hoped to increase his standing with other universities by claiming an offer from a team fresh off a BCS Title Game appearance. It was only a matter of time before the robust recruiting community caught him out, and it took less than a day.
"After taking the visit there," Williams said, "they are definitely high up there on my list." The sentiment probably isn't mutual any longer.

Lots of imaginary stuff going on around South Bend these days.

yea...no doubt....mich molds young men bro..the best of the best.....those who stay...

Frank Clark and Fitz probably will be in state senate in a few years and working for Habitat for Humanity.

Know responding is futile but...

No one is excusing 43 arrests in 7 or 8 years...I'm trying to educate you on the circumstances behind that number. Saying that, I will excuse the large number popped for underage drinking and MJ possession...since every damn person I knew in Gainesville (including myself) exhibited this behavior.

Also, GPD has become more and more militant toward the student body in the last decade...causing a rise in numbers. Finally, you're insane if you believe CUM had JoePa's power. MFer couldn't get GPD to not publicize simple alcohol/weed infractions while, I believe it's been proven, Joe had more power than the damn Attorney General of Pennsylvania.

P.S. Looks like another stud (white) LB going Gator in 2014...sorry.

No one is excusing 43 arrests in 7 or 8 years...I'm trying to educate you on the circumstances behind that number. Saying that, I will excuse the large number popped for underage drinking and MJ possession...since every damn person I knew in Gainesville (including myself) exhibited this behavior.

Also, GPD has become more and more militant toward the student body in the last decade...causing a rise in numbers. Finally, you're insane if you believe CUM had JoePa's power. MFer couldn't get GPD to not publicize simple alcohol/weed infractions while, I believe it's been proven, Joe had more power than the damn Attorney General of Pennsylvania.

You're wasting your time. You're arguing with the guy that's against players graduating early and being able to transfer and not sit out a year. Weed possession and underage drinking must be like murder to him compared to that.

[h=1]Priest Willis decision looming and UCLA might be it[/h]James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, January 22, 2013 2:08 p.m.
Priest%20Willis%20UA.jpg
View full size
Priest Willis could be headed to California this fall. - (Jon Bastian, XOFan.com)

With the looming decision of Marco de Niza (Ariz.) defensive back Priest Willis expected within 24 hours, many fans across the country are clamoring to try and figure out where the Tempe, Ariz. star is headed for his college career. Willis is set to choose between LSU and the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) as early as Wednesday, according to his Twitter account.
After numerous phone calls to sources around the situation, NOLA.com has learned that Willis will likely choose UCLA in a decision that surprised many around him. After visiting UCLA this past weekend, Willis made it clear, via Twitter, that he has come to a decision and will be making it known this week. Many felt that LSU had an edge heading into this weekend, but after a good visit with the Bruins, they appear to have surpassed the Tigers on his board.

[h=5]LATEST RECRUITING NEWS[/h]

It is unclear at this stage as to what the biggest difference for Willis was, after NOLA.com failed on several attempts to reach Willis or his family for comment. One thing that could make things even more interesting down the stretch is that it seems like the family may be on LSU’s side. Therefore, his recruitment wouldn’t be final until National Signing Day on Feb. 6. LSU is expected to visit with Willis during an in-home visit shortly: a visit that could ultimately determine where Willis may end up.
If Willis does indeed announce for UCLA, do not expect the LSU coaches to back off. He has been a priority for quite some time and the need for another defensive back is too great to move on.

we can start an education process on a lot of things that we dont agree on. shall we open another thread for it?

you educate me on why you think 43 arrests in 5 years is not a problem, i will educate you on why i think it is.

do you think the recruitment of more white players by muschamp is a reflection of these arrests that he is trying to clean up? interested to get educated on that and to see if you think they are correlated.

still waiting to hear about that great white florida LB from the past as well. Its been a couple weeks.

lmao @ lsu having the edge heading into this weekend. thats as funny as vanderdoes being a notre dame lean

You're wasting your time. You're arguing with the guy that's against players graduating early and being able to transfer and not sit out a year. Weed possession and underage drinking must be like murder to him compared to that.

yes, i call it trying to buy a championship in many cases and am far from alone in having this opinion. i dont think they should have to sit out a year either, dont know where you came up with that. that is a LIE you put in my mouth and absurd for a student athlete to have to sit out a year based on those situations. i just dont agree they can jump ship for one year at a program like russ wilson did, greg paulus etc. its absurd.

do you think the recruitment of more white players by muschamp is a reflection of these arrests that he is trying to clean up? interested to get educated on that and to see if you think they are correlated.

still waiting to hear about that great white florida LB from the past as well. Its been a couple weeks.

there are 6 white players in the 2013 UF class.

there were 4 white players in the 2012 UF class.

I am sorry, can you explain or at least tell me why you are coming up this line of thought?

No doubt. Original post was a pure trolling of Gator fans...and had zero place in a recruiting thread.

Back