Also, Smoke, I saw this somewhere else, but we can take Hobbes and have him return kicks, saving Demps for defense.

Basically if Maclin doesn't pan out at WR he can return punts and we can stick Hobbes back there to return kicks.

So this trade, in essence, just starts to preserve other players from the beating they'd take on the kick team.

i just woke up.. umm... we really drafted a WR in the 3rd round?
icon14.gif

Lions baby!

if it was anyone other than derrick williams i would be furious. i think it could actually turn out to be a decent pick. But cant believe they had the balls to take a QB/TE/WR with 3 of their first 5 picks.

The town is 90 percent in an uproar man.

Williams, I can see. They need something for the return game.

Eagles did just some great things, going with Ingram and then Macho Harris. Nice job by Reid there

“I am extremely (upset) about not being taken in the first round,” Britton told the Tucson Citizen. “I am the most underrated player in this draft. I will lead the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Super Bowl.”

“Every team that passed on me is going to regret it,” Britton told the Jaguar website. “I’m going to work my (butt) off to be a Jacksonville Jaguar. When that first game comes, somebody is going to pay for it. People (have always) told me I wasn’t big enough. I wasn’t strong enough. That all ends today.

Haha the Saints traded up to get a punter. Packers did that 4 years ago to get tOSU punter BJ Sander. Traded up for him, and he was out of the league in 3 years

im slowly talking myself into really liking our draft...

Here was our draft:

Pro-Bowl OL
At worst a replacement for Desan at punt returner/at best a number one WR
Immediate complement for Westbrook/potential replacement for Westbrook
Kick returner to take Demps off the kick team (Hobbs)

Tough not to like that.

First-round pick Malcolm Jenkins will start out at cornerback, fourth-round pick Chip Vaughn will start out at free safety, and third-year veteran Usama Young will be moved to free safety.
So the depth chart now looks like this, with a lot of wiggle room in the pecking order:

CB - Tracy Porter, Jabari Greer, Randall Yag, Malcolm Jenkins, Leigh Torrence, Jason David
FS - Darren Sharper, Pierson Prioleau, Chip Vaughn, Usama Young
SS - Roman Harper, Chris Reis
Wow. That's drastically different from a year ago. That unit has undergone quite a makeover. Throw in new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and second-year secondary coach Dennis Allen, and you can see that the Saints have placed a huge emphasis on shoring up their biggest weakness.
Among other topics Payton just addressed:
Fellow fourth-round pick Stanley Arnoux will start out at weakside linebacker in New Orleans, with the versatility to move inside if necessary.

Mr. Irrelevant is Ryan Succop from South Carolina.

What's funny to me about that isn't that KC drafted a kicker, but that they didn't draft a very good one.

Back