Rumors theyre shopping that 3rd rounder for Scheffler...which would be a nice move, but Ill believe it when i see it

But do you really want Sheffler more than Jared Cook?

For the record, I think after Cook there aren't any TEs left I want. (Sorry, Ingrham)

I dont know anything about either of them, but at least Scheffler has semi proven that he can play in the NFL - who knows about Cook? I always like the proven vet over the unproven rookie (hence wanting Boldin over Maclin)...

I kind of want the Packers to move up and try to get Sidbury out of Richmond. Plain and simple the guy can get to the quarterback. A lot of teams need that.

PFT says:

The Eagles have sent two of their many fifth-round draft picks to the Pats for veteran cornerback Ellis Hobbs.

The picks sent to the Pats are No. 137 and No. 141 overall.

Eagles Pick Up Ellis Hobbs

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2009, 1:21 p.m.
The Eagles have sent two of their many fifth-round draft picks to the Pats for veteran cornerback Ellis Hobbs.
The news comes from the Pats official Twitter feed.
I never dreamed that I’d ever type that sentence in my life.
The picks sent to the Pats are No. 137 and No. 141 overall.

they just traded the 1st and 4th pick in the fifth round (now meaning they have 4 5th rounders all in the second half of the 5th round...aka completely fucking worthless) for a cornerback who sucks

Yeah, I think they're kind of done in this draft.

Time for that late-draft roundup of a bunch of players you've never heard of who won't make the team.

Damn thought the Eagles were high on Jack Ike. Kind of wanted to see him get a chance to be a corner in this league. Think he can do some things

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 69 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: Hobbs is a short, well-built player with good athletic skills and excellent toughness. He is a fierce competitor who plays bigger than his listed size. Despite his size, he has been a durable defender and consistent performer. Ellis is an aggressive run defender who will throw his body around and insert in piles. He has deceptive pop and power when tackling as well as a strong upper body to ward off blockers. Larger backs and receivers can exploit his size, but for the most part Ellis is physical enough to be an effective perimeter defender. He is an active defending the pass and gets his hands on lots of balls. He has great vision and anticipation jump break points in zone coverage. He does a nice job leveraging the ball and takes proper angles when closing to the play. He has good foot agility, quickness and balance to transition well out of his pedal. He maintains excellent body position while in his pedal as well as redirecting to plant. Hobbs doesn't have outstanding pure speed to match up well in pure man coverage, but can be effective in combination man and zone schemes. He has been a solid kick returner for the Patriots' special teams and has marked up two long touchdowns in his first three seasons in the league.

1805233050_09c1c479ed_o.jpg

Damn thought the Eagles were high on Jack Ike. Kind of wanted to see him get a chance to be a corner in this league. Think he can do some things

I want to see what he can do, too.

He's probably got training camp to prove it.

Smoke what do you think the Hobbs acquistion does for Ikegwonu? Probably does not bode well for him I am guessing?

Smoke what do you think the Hobbs acquistion does for Ikegwonu? Probably does not bode well for him I am guessing?

Either that or Sheldon Browns in trouble....

But they usually dont just cave in to demands like Brown made, so they must be worried about Ikegwonus health i guess

The Eagles' history with injured guys is to give them a chance that next year in camp to compete. If they fail then, they go away.

But they usually dont just cave in to demands like Brown made, so they must be worried about Ikegwonus health i guess

I think they're going to go to camp and see what happens. If Ike's healthy, they may trade Sheldon. If he's not, they cut him and Hobbs is probably the Sheldon insurance policy.

I want to see a team take Nate Davis or Rhett Bomar coming up. Both I think have more than enough talent to start in this league. the thing is Davis reportedly scored an 8 on the Wonderlic I thought I heard.

I want to see a team take Nate Davis or Rhett Bomar coming up. Both I think have more than enough talent to start in this league. the thing is Davis reportedly scored an 8 on the Wonderlic I thought I heard.

lol

but i think hes got the talent to start too, thought hed go off before some other guys but what do i know

Wow Macho Harris still on the board. Earlier this season there was talk about him being one of the top CB being taken. Like first or second round

I think they're going to go to camp and see what happens. If Ike's healthy, they may trade Sheldon. If he's not, they cut him and Hobbs is probably the Sheldon insurance policy.

yeah thats a good call

Hobbs is signed thru this year at $2.545 million...

Somehow I cant see Sheldon "$2 million" Brown liking that move...

One of the most memorable moments of the first day of the NFL draft was Mel Kiper Jr. criticizing Oakland's decision to draft Ohio University safety Mike Mitchell in the second round.
Kiper said Mitchell was a free agent prospect. Backing up Kiper's opinion, two teams that I talked to said they did not have Mitchell on their draft board. Mitchell wasn't invited to the February NFL Scouting combine.
Still, Kiper's words will be long remembered by Mitchell.
"Yes, I heard them," Mitchell, a well-spoken young man, said Sunday. "That's OK. Mel Kiper has his opinion and I respect it. But what does it mean? My nine-year-old nephew can watch film and make an opinion ... I think I value the opinion of scouts who actually get paid to make their opinions. All I know is the Oakland Raiders made me their second round pick and I'm determined to make Mr. (Al) Davis know he made a fine pick."
Mitchell said he keep Kiper's comments close to him for the rest of his career. In fact, Mitchell said he is in the process of getting a picture of Kiper. Mitchell plans to decorate his Oakland locker with it.
"It will carry me through my career," Mitchell said. "It will serve as motivation for me."
Mitchell said he awoke Saturday thinking he would be taken within the first four rounds. He started to get excited when his agent received a call from Chicago telling him he may be taken at No. 49. The Raiders took Mitchell at No. 47. The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears were hot on Mitchell.
"I guess Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith were wrong about me too," Mitchell said.
Mitchell got on the radar of NFL teams after a strong Pro Day workout this spring. Game film showed the speedy Mitchell is also a ferocious hitter.
"I think I opened some guys," Mitchell said. "The bottom line is I'm an Oakland Raider and I was taken in the second round. It is now all up to me. Whatever everyone has to say doesn't matter."

good read

I hope Mickens stays on the board for one more round. My team needs a corner bad and he fits the perfect mold for them. Big guy who can help cover the giants in the NFC North.

Back