2008 CTG Fantasy FB League I ONLY

god damned hurricane. i lost because i didn't sub in a kicker for the "BYE" week houston kicker. fucking vacation, i can't keep up with that shit.

FWIW, in another league i'm in the commish took action in the games that were affected by the late ass cancelations of that game.

I don't know what could/can be done...I had no idea you were out of town...

Can't think of any scenario that inserting people now would be fair..shrug..

Wouldn't know you were gone.

the way they are doing it though...
highest projected points player on FA list(per pos) gets subbed into the lineup, and whatever that players actual points are take the place of the goose egg from the canceled game.

with this league that wouldn't even matter. EVERY kicker on the FA list scored enough for me to tie or win. only 1 kicker had 3 points (exact tie). all other starting kickers out there had 4 or more.

I don't know what could/can be done...I had no idea you were out of town...

Can't think of any scenario that inserting people now would be fair..shrug..

Wouldn't know you were gone.

Yes it's a tough situation. I don't think the commish should be responsible for adjusting lineups based on game cancellations. The only thing I would say:

If someone knows they will be away for the weekend and won't have internet access is to get your number Jump and shoot you a call or just a text to make a roster adjustment.

FWIW, in another league i'm in the commish took action in the games that were affected by the late ass cancelations of that game.

You might not want to hear my opinion considering I was you lost to because you did not sub anyone in on kicker. However I just think your suggestion on what happened in your other league is not appropriate. I think it is similar to someone saying that they should be compensated for starting a player who was injured during practice on a Friday, or announced late in the week that they would not play, but their fantasy owner was out of town and was not able to react to the news. I agree with Believe if you are going to be out of town let someone know.

That's my 2 cents. Shitty situation, I hope it does not cost you a playoff birth down the line.

again, i don't want anything changed. i was just talking about it. kramer i do believe its a totally diff situation when games get cancelled due to storms and a player getting hurt in practice.

again, i don't want anything changed. i was just talking about it. kramer i do believe its a totally diff situation when games get cancelled due to storms and a player getting hurt in practice.

I concur. I lost my game because of that storm too, had no backups ready and had to sub Tedd Gin for A Johnson.....Not my fault, and I still lost.

Tide that last trade you have accepted looks a little one sided.

McGahee, Clark, and Welker....Three top 5 round picks for Calvin Johnson and a waiver wire pickup in Bryant.....

Seems like someone is getting hosed.....

I voted against it for those reasons. This trade isn't remotely fair.

he sent it, i accepted it. obviously i want it to go through. are we gonna vote against all trades that don't appear of equal value?

That trade is not fair at all, if were a little more equitable for both parties I wouldnt object. Maybe the rest of the leauge doesnt care, I care because it gives your team a huge advantage that the rest of us dont have. Mainly at the expense of one teams roster.

Last edited:
aight. i'll let Kramer argue his case, since he sent the trade but I will say things change a lot by week 4. IMO Welker is a WR #3 without Brady. McGahee is a huge risk and if healthy all year is a RB #2 tops. Clark another huge risk.

megatron is a WR#1 imo and bryant is the guy in TB, and is a WR #3.

CJ has 45 points, Bryant 25

the three players i'm getting have a combined for 35 points.

he sent it, i accepted it. obviously i want it to go through. are we gonna vote against all trades that don't appear of equal value?

I dont care if someone gets the good side of a trade as long as both teams walk away with something. I also don't agree with one team, in a money leauge, getting way better at the expense of someone else's roster. It effects the whole leauge and ultimately my chance at winning.

I offered hin Crotchery last week for Mcgahee and he shot me down and wanted Andre Johnson instead. I dont get it. Now he trades 3 top 5 round picks for a fourth rounder and a waiver wire guy?

aight. i'll let Kramer argue his case, since he sent the trade but I will say things change a lot by week 4. IMO Welker is a WR #3 without Brady. McGahee is a huge risk and if healthy all year is a RB #2 tops. Clark another huge risk.

megatron is a WR#1 imo and bryant is the guy in TB, and is a WR #3.

CJ has 45 points, Bryant 25

the three players i'm getting have a combined for 35 points.

Lets look back at the end of the year and see what the numbers are, I would gamble that welker's, mcgahee's, and clark's will be much higher. You do too or you wouldnt have accepted the trade.

Only acceptable reason for a veto imo is collusion..not close to valid here..
Unfortunately i agree here. No Collusion but sure is fireselling HIS team. For the record, I think the trade is lopsided also but what it comes down to it, it's
HIS team and HIS money But it does effect us.
:cheers:

His team is headed straight to the shitter with mine. I don't think its a great deal and I don't think it helps him much, but is the alternative (me, sitting here just wallowing away) really much better?

Seems like most people think it is unfair, so if we are gonna veto it can we do it sooner than later so I can try and negotiate something else?

I haven't really been following too closely. I just saw this. I probably would have voted against it. I do believe the league voting system should determine all trade decisions. Looking at Kramer's team, I know he's desperate for WR help. But I do think that's a bit too much for Mr Megatron.

Well whatever, its vetoed now. But I have no idea how you can veto a trade where one team is DESPERATE for WR help and is giving up an injured RB, an injured TE, and a WR who will not be anything close what he was last year for two #1 WRs (for their team anyways)

To sum up where I am coming from:
Getting: Bryant (TB #1 WR), Johnson (Lions #1 WR)
Giving up: McGahee (injured RB), (Welker #2 receiver), Clark (injured TE)

Now Willis got hurt on MNF so that could have cost me my trade value. Sorry but I have a right to be pissed here. The fact that there was serious veto discussions is a joke. It is possible (even in fantasy) that trades make both teams better and just because that threatens another team that gives 0% reason to veto.

Last edited:
Well whatever, its vetoed now. But I have no idea how you can veto a trade where one team is DESPERATE for WR help and is giving up an injured RB, an injured TE, and a WR who will not be anything close what he was last year for two #1 WRs (for their team anyways)

To sum up where I am coming from:
Getting: Bryant (TB #1 WR), Johnson (Lions #1 WR)
Giving up: McGahee (injured RB), (Welker #2 receiver), Clark (injured TE)

Now Willis got hurt on MNF so that could have cost me my trade value. Sorry but I have a right to be pissed here. The fact that there was serious veto discussions is a joke. It is possible (even in fantasy) that trades make both teams better and just because that threatens another team that gives 0% reason to veto.

Why do you give the world for Megatron, but cant trade me mcgahee for crothery straight up?

All of those "injured players" will get better, the season has only just begun..

i assume veto means enough negative votes went through. not sure...

not sure how i feel about it after seeing McGahee go out last night.

well going by my other leagues... the only person with veto power is the commish. otherwise a veto is just enough votes by the teams. i assume 50% or 5 votes in this case (exluding teams involved in trade).

Didn't like it but didn't veto here either. If there is no collusion I believe all trades should go thru even if we don't like it. Granted this is a decent $$ money league so I could see judging the trades a little tighter.

Not liking the feel of my team. Looking to upgrade at WR and RB so that being said Romo, Roy Williams, Taylor and Winslow are on the block to name a few...

I gotta be the worst 6-0 team on the planet right now.

All my luck will be used up before the play-offs start.

You've got a nice team T-Dot. Now mine with the injuries to Westbrook and Romo have pretty much ended my season.

It's pretty much guaranteed a fire sale on Team Smith1051s

You got to be f***ing kidding me. Up by over 25 points going into Monday night and Stanfield has one player and B. Edwards scores 26.40 points and i lose by 1. That is how my whole Fantasy year is going so far. Wow.

4 weeks left and everybody still has a shot for the play-offs..

Its a close season so far.

<table class="gametable" id="standingstable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="first rank">*1.</td> <td class="team">Team T-dot</td> <td>9-2-0</td> <td>.818</td> <td>1128.32</td> <td>W-1</td> <td>2</td> <td class="last">26</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">2.</td> <td class="team">Team JumpOnBoard</td> <td>7-4-0</td> <td>.636</td> <td>1189.28</td> <td>L-1</td> <td>3</td> <td class="last">5</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">3.</td> <td class="team">Trout's Trollips</td> <td>7-4-0</td> <td>.636</td> <td>1126.70</td> <td>W-1</td> <td>10</td> <td class="last">23</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">4.</td> <td class="team">Team BeLIEve</td> <td>6-5-0</td> <td>.545</td> <td>1146.78</td> <td>L-2</td> <td>4</td> <td class="last">11</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">5.</td> <td class="team">Team SHSUHorns</td> <td>6-5-0</td> <td>.545</td> <td>1139.74</td> <td>W-3</td> <td>12</td> <td class="last">17</td> </tr> <tr class="selected"> <td class="first rank">6.</td> <td class="team">Team Tide is so High</td> <td>5-6-0</td> <td>.455</td> <td>1137.28</td> <td>W-1</td> <td>11</td> <td class="last">15</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">7.</td> <td class="team">The Wearo Dogs</td> <td>5-6-0</td> <td>.455</td> <td>1086.58</td> <td>W-3</td> <td>9</td> <td class="last">13</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">8.</td> <td class="team">Team Smith1051</td> <td>5-6-0</td> <td>.455</td> <td>1052.78</td> <td>L-1</td> <td>6</td> <td class="last">20</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">9.</td> <td class="team">Team Kramer</td> <td>5-6-0</td> <td>.455</td> <td>896.76</td> <td>W-2</td> <td>7</td> <td class="last">19</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">10.</td> <td class="team">Team BossUp</td> <td>4-7-0</td> <td>.364</td> <td>1084.36</td> <td>L-3</td> <td>5</td> <td class="last">13</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">11.</td> <td class="team">Stanfield</td> <td>4-7-0</td> <td>.364</td> <td>895.26</td> <td>L-2</td> <td>8</td> <td class="last">13</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first rank">12.</td> <td class="team">Seabass Win</td> <td>3-8-0</td> <td>.273</td> <td>1040.14</td> <td>L-1</td> <td>1</td> <td class="last">6</td></tr></tbody></table>

NOTICE that I have more points than the leader with a clinched spot in the playoffs and most likely a bye week, yet I'm 5-6 and must win out to stay in

Back