2008 cfb -- time to post my week 12 card so far

gl gang .... really put a lot into this thread over the last few days but what i really liked this week is that i had some constraints early in the week and you guys talked football in here without me "pushing" the thread along ... great input , great analysis even by those opposite of me this week. One thing that i really like is that we all keep our disagreements about football in here about the games and never make it personal. The thread has become a welcome place for folks to come in and debate and throw capping ideas off of one another without the insults or personal attacks. I attribute this to the number of quality cappers at this site who want to focus on winning money and not on drama and the fact that CTG promotes a no bashing policy that makes sharing our opinions easier. This weeks thread may be my favorite of any that i have had on the site in the last two years and through little of my own effort but through the great input from the member base here. so just wanted to say thanks for making this a good thread this week.

now lets win some money saturday.[/quote]

I can only wonder how much better a handicapper I would be if I would have found this site/had such a resource available earlier in my gambling career. VK your threads have helped me immensely this year--thank you for your time and efforts.

Dr. Lou has nothing on you Kyle, if the above quoted paragraph didn't get me fired up enough for tomorrow, the last sentence made me kick down the locker room door.

Good Luck Kyle :

Games of interest for me (some played already and others leaning to)

USF
ND
ILL
IOWA
Michigan

Penn State
Georgia
NMexico
Latech
SoMiss
Maryland
Oregon State
NCSt
Kansas State
AForce
ULL
Under Nevada
Marshall
Idaho
ASU
Iowa State
Cuse 1st H
Vandy
Troy
Over Tulsa
Under COlorado
FSU
Washington......lots of work to do still.......

BOL all:cheers:

gl gang .... really put a lot into this thread over the last few days but what i really liked this week is that i had some constraints early in the week and you guys talked football in here without me "pushing" the thread along ... great input , great analysis even by those opposite of me this week. One thing that i really like is that we all keep our disagreements about football in here about the games and never make it personal. The thread has become a welcome place for folks to come in and debate and throw capping ideas off of one another without the insults or personal attacks. I attribute this to the number of quality cappers at this site who want to focus on winning money and not on drama and the fact that CTG promotes a no bashing policy that makes sharing our opinions easier. This weeks thread may be my favorite of any that i have had on the site in the last two years and through little of my own effort but through the great input from the member base here. so just wanted to say thanks for making this a good thread this week.

now lets win some money saturday.

I can only wonder how much better a handicapper I would be if I would have found this site/had such a resource available earlier in my gambling career. VK your threads have helped me immensely this year--thank you for your time and efforts.

Dr. Lou has nothing on you Kyle, if the above quoted paragraph didn't get me fired up enough for tomorrow, the last sentence made me kick down the locker room door.[/quote]

:36_11_6: working on my lisp now.

Good Luck Kyle :

Games of interest for me (some played already and others leaning to)

USF
ND
ILL
IOWA
Michigan
Penn State
Georgia
NMexico
Latech
SoMiss
Maryland
Oregon State
NCSt
Kansas State
AForce
ULL
Under Nevada
Marshall
Idaho
ASU
Iowa State
Cuse 1st H
Vandy
Troy
Over Tulsa
Under COlorado
FSU
Washington......lots of work to do still.......

BOL all:cheers:

And i thought my card was big.

gl tomorrow.

Careful on the favorites in bad weather ... i am already concerned with notre dame based on weather reports. And the weather in iowa city is also a concern for favorite and over ( thats what i bet ) backers in that game as well.

penn st etc etc
just saying.

Look, I've known VK for 20 sum odd years and I can tell you that what he's done capping wise the last decade or so is nothing short of amazing. Dude's on a Vision Quest. He's fucking Matthew Modine and the books are Shoe or Linda Fiorentino depending on how graphic and explicit you like your metaphors.

url

Don't play basketball with K, though. Dude thinks his range starts when he crosses half court.

Thanks bro. Not all certain plays would say I have 6-8 in so far the rest waiting to see how it shakes out tnmrw.

Look, I've known VK for 20 sum odd years and I can tell you that what he's done capping wise the last decade or so is nothing short of amazing. Dude's on a Vision Quest. He's fucking Matthew Modine and the books are Shoe or Linda Fiorentino depending on how graphic and explicit you like your metaphors.

url

Don't play basketball with K, though. Dude thinks his range starts when he crosses half court.[/quote]

Guess we have alot in common VK...:36_11_6:

url

Don't play basketball with K, though. Dude thinks his range starts when he crosses half court.

Lol at the basketball comment. We fought a lot of wars on those pavements back in the day....... i only shot from deep a lot to help pad our offensive rebounding numbers ...... We have some great basketball stories.

We would have won even more if you passed it to me more often .......

remember when we played Butch Henry and Frank Castillo two-on-two ??

url

Don't play basketball with K, though. Dude thinks his range starts when he crosses half court.[/quote]

Guess we have alot in common VK...:36_11_6:

yeah ... actually i only remember shooting a lot from the outside when we played in gyms though. i fought down low on the black tops. i wasnt a bad shooter either.

Texasfight was city mvp where we lived at the time .. so he was the guy that made us win. Born leader.

would love to have a CTG basketball game sometime ( halfcourt of course --heart attack ) .

thought you were more of a baseball pitcher nut ......

damn i miss playing baskets.

Kyle was the best shooter I've ever played with. Best rebounder I've ever seen for someone with a sub 6 inch vertical.

We battled some serious criminal element on the blacktop back in the day. Our downfall, I'm quite certain, was our ability to count. By one's. We should have been counting by two's evidently.

Kyle was the best shooter I've ever played with. Best rebounder I've ever seen for someone with a sub 6 inch vertical.

We battled some serious criminal element on the blacktop back in the day. Our downfall, I'm quite certain, was our ability to count. By one's. We should have been counting by two's evidently.

I wish i could do that now ....... :36_11_6:

Yeah winner kept court and we would make 15 shots and our opponents would make 9 and we would lose somehow. The scorekeeping was a running joke. Against one group ( gang ? ) we played against often , we had to win by atleast 5 buckets to win the game.

pags, joe .. thanks guys.

strange day .... 6-0 on sides and 0-3 on totals. Also had the midweek loss ( again ) on the overtime game between akron and buffalo .... so the record for the week is 6-4.

updated college football record

updated through week 12
overall 73-59-2 55.3%
Sides 49-38-2 56.3%
moneyline dogs 1-1
totals 23-20 53.5 %

break down of winners and losers

ncstate +4 WINNER
TEXAS -12.5 WINNER
oregon -3 WINNER
maryland +3 WINNER
notre dame -3 WINNER