2008 cfb - Time to post my week 1 card so far

MAC to Big East is going to be a popular theme. When Paterno steps down, I expect Schiano to go to Penn State and Rutgers will hire Al Golden. D'Onofrio will take over the Owls.

Love the idea of Gill at Syracuse. Can make them respectable again... until someone else hires him away.

A lot of hard work to lose money this week. will likely be adding some sort of play on fresno state but while i was watching football today the line got worse so i may end up with a moneyline , or no play at all ... it has moved closer to a no play because of the move. here are results so far....not pretty....

utep moneyline + 135 loser ( clearly the wrong side ) -1.00 units
temple -4.5 winner ( probably the right side but final score was deceiving ) + 1.00 units
wyoming -9.5 loser ( clearly the wrong side ) -1.10 units
hawaii +35,5 loser( clearly the right side ) -1.10 units
idaho +29 loser ( clearly the wrong side ) -1.10 units
tcu -5.5 winner ( clearly the right side ) + 1.00 units

So I feel really good about only two of the games i capped this week in TCU and Hawaii.

I won the temple game and i would play it again so that means i still consider it the right side but caught a lot of breaks in that game too. Was much closer level of competition than score reflected.

The other three games , ,,,wyoming , utep and idaho ...i was simply wrong about on a lot of different levels.

Somewhat disheartening to put in the amount of hours and effort heading into week 1 and not only lose money but feel as though i only capped 33% of the games well. such is the world of sports betting. Have to reflect upon what errors i made , learn from them and move forward.

favorites 2-1 +0.90 units
dogs 0-2 -2.20 units
ml dogs 0-1 -1.00 units
ml favs 0-0 0.00 units

overs 1-0
unders 2-0
speculations/middles/teasers/etc 1-1 +$170

background of totals bets and the failed speculation winner and the failed middle loser can be found here .... http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62646

also, the week's not over yet. :shake:
even cowherd agrees tenny will have their way with the bruins. and i think it was this thread that initially pointed me in the direction of fresno st too.

Never got the number i wanted for fresno so that concludes week 1 for me. post 205 numbers will be carried over to week2 thread.

basically went 2-4 on full unit plays and got luckier on all the smaller totals plays and the misread of the usc line movement. huge middle opportunity was obviously the most valuable play but cost me thirty bucks

Back