20 PED Suspension incoming (Braun, Arod.....)

[h=1]Zack Greinke on Ryan Braun: ‘The closer you were to him, the more he would use you’[/h]<cite class="byline vcard">
MarkTownsend70-jpg_193552.jpg

By Mark Townsend | Big League Stew – <abbr title="2013-07-27T18:29:17Z">20 hours ago</abbr></cite>

(USA Today photos)Only five days have passed since Major League Baseball announced Ryan Braun's 65-game suspension following their investigation into his connection with the Biogenesis clinic in Florida, yet it seems like every player in the league has already commented publicly on the matter.
Well, aside from Braun himself, but he's unable to do so legally for the time being.
With that in mind, we can now add former Milwaukee Brewers teammate Zack Greinke's two cents to the mix. Greinke was actually a teammate with Braun in 2011 when he originally tested positive for PEDs, but was later cleared. Braun went on the offensive and defensive with his comments following his appeal, and looking back Greinke doesn't appreciate the lies. I think It's safe to say Greinke got his money's worth, because they might be the strongest yet that we've heard from another player within the game.
[Related: Ryan Braun merchandise sales on the rise since suspension]
From Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
"The main thing is, yeah, he lied to us," Greinke said. "He forced us to lie for him, threw people under the bus in order to help himself out and didn't care, blamed others for his mistakes and it’s just a lot of things you don’t expect from people."
When asked if he believed Braun, Greinke responded.
"Oh, yeah, 100% believed him. Everything was so convincing. He had people to blame. He seemed like a really good guy. He was a good teammate at the time. You don’t know the guys that he was pinning it on. I'm not positive, but I think everyone 100% believed him at the time. Especially the next year, he looked just as good as the year before. His numbers his whole career, Hall of Fame numbers. How could you not believe him? He was so convincing."
"Not even talking about the player. It’s just the person. Just the fact that he was willing to use anyone that got in his path. The closer you were to him, the more he would use you. It's just disappointing that a human being could be like that."
I know Greinke has a tendency to rub people in the wrong way, but I respect him for taking his time to collect his thoughts and sharing them. It's not easy for him to speak publicly under any circumstances, so going to bat for Braun almost two years ago was obviously important to him. Also knowing that, I believe it makes his comments on Friday even stronger. He obviously feels betrayed and used by Braun directly, which is painful enough, but he made it clear that it's just as much about the other people Braun mistreated than it is about Greinke.
That's a long list, by the way. And we may only know the half of it.

Arod has been cheating for over 10 years,, he admitted that he cheated, he has been linked to every PED news over the last 10 years,,,, he has disgraced the game for as many years... bottom line he has continuously cheated and lied about it for many years...
did Braun get caught - yes- and he got punished for it, 1st offense ( i believe he's involvement with this miami clinic is part of his original failed test, that got overturned)

His involvement with Biogenesis was not part of his original failed test, it was a continued use of PEDs, just like A Rod. He said he paid Bosch to consult him after he failed the first test, which was obviously a lie.

His involvement with Biogenesis was not part of his original failed test, it was a continued use of PEDs, just like A Rod. He said he paid Bosch to consult him after he failed the first test, which was obviously a lie.

ok so i understand what you are saying as i thought it was all part of the same story, was thinking he get the PED's from bosch not just to consult - my point is/was is that arod admitted he used ped's and has continually tried to use them for many years so his punishment should reflect that.

A-Rod said he started juicing when he was with Texas. If anybody doesn't believe he started in Seattle, you're a fool. It's like when a girl says she has slept with 8 guys, you tack on 5. These athletes are all liars. He should just retire now and save the scrutiny.

ok so i understand what you are saying as i thought it was all part of the same story, was thinking he get the PED's from bosch not just to consult - my point is/was is that arod admitted he used ped's and has continually tried to use them for many years so his punishment should reflect that.

Agreed, however since he never failed a test I don't think it should be a lifetime ban. He is a 2 time offender in MLB's eyes w/o having failed a test, regardless of what he's said (and again he admitted to taking them) or done. The 2nd step for the MLB policy is 100 games, and even though he isn't technically a 2nd time offender, that may be a fair punishment, especially seeing as how they still don't have a dirty sample from him just a bunch of records and him trying to keep those records hidden (which of course is cause for punishment alone one would think).

Braun, on the other hand did fail a test, and got off on some technicality due to a ham sandwich in a refrigerator. He then continually lied about being clean, and even had the poor sample collector fired and lambasted by lots of people (and he did nothing wrong). Getting caught up and then caught with Bosch would and should be his 2nd offense (since they are using that same evidence against A Rod as "a time being caught"), which should carry 100 games.

Basically A Rod and Braun are both PED offenders, who have continued to obtain and use PEDs after either being caught or admitting they used. Braun has lied about it the entire time, while A Rod admitted to using them and then tried to stop his name from being leaked again as he continued to use.

I just think that both of them should receive pretty equal suspensions given the respective situations. Not saying anyone else is wrong for what they think about the situation, I just don't think Braun's offenses should be seen as any less than A Rod's is all I'm really saying. I would even be okay with A Rod getting the 100 games, even though it would be more severe than Braun's punishment, and I think MLB does as well. They seem to be threatening the lifetime ban in order to get him to "negotiate" with them a lesser sentence, probably around those 100 games or so.

:shake:

Braun also did get the PEDs from Bosch (his excuse was that he simply consulted him), but he got the 2nd batch, if you will, from Bosch. He continued using after the first test, since he got off on the technicality, and did so by obtaining PEDs from Bosch.

Arod is going to take this all the way to federal court it looks like....

the commish could still invoke the "in the best interest of the league" clause to keep him off the field...

I think this whole thing is going to go to a mediator who will settle on a number of games to miss. Probably 162, a full season if I had to guess. I seriously doubt they'll be able to give him a lifetime ban.

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1m</small>
Biogenesis suspensions by WAR: Peralta (3.7), Cabrera (3.0), Cruz (1.5), Cervelli (0.7), Bastardo (0.6), Valdespin (-0.3), Montero (-0.5).

Yelp reviews on Biogenesis of America lol

5 reviews in English

• Review fromCaleb B.

Los Angeles, CA

7/30/2013
    When my friend Alex from New York told me of some great results he's had, I new I had to go see Tony and the fellas at Biogenesis. Best decision I ever made!

#yolked #swoll #beast #guns #cannons #muscles #juice

Was this review …?

• Review fromKenny F'n Power S.

New Orleans, LA

6/4/2013
    I was looking at being cut outright and was considering fishing for a coaching job in the South Atlantic League.

Tried BofA and now I got a contract extension and at least 2 more years in the Show.

Was this review …?
  • Review fromAnthony T.

Huntington Beach, CA

7/31/2013
    I was having a sophomore slump on my high school baseball team . So halfway through the season , I had enough of it . I went here & the employees were very helpful . They gave me some stuff that guaranteed to improve my batting average . Halfway through the season I batted .182 and after this I ended up hitting .465 & being selected to the all county team ! Thanks Biogenesis of America . I hope to make to the pros one day .
    Was this review …?
  • Review fromMichael C.

Weehawken, NJ

3/21/2013
    Did not lose any weight but helped my batting average by about 80 points.
    Was this review …?

So MLB never intended on banning A Rod for life one can assume. Seeing as how the negotiations broke down, and a deal wasn't reached, if MLB was going to suspend him for life they would have. They also never had any intention of suspending him under the "good of the game" clause, as he is allowed to appeal his suspension and will play during the appeal.

Was MLB behind the leaks that said he would be banned for life/suspended under the good of the game clause (so he couldn't appeal)? Or was is just the horrible sports media who is always trying to make a story out of nothing, injecting their rumors wherever they see fit?

its virtually impossible for mlb to get away with banning him for life... if they went that route they could have lost when arod took it to court

and i believe mlb did put that clause out there to try to scare arod and his lawyers...

this whole thing is just sad... now arod gets to trot out there for the rest of the season which is great for business... but just plain old fucking sad... if he somehow hits 14 home runs he makes an additional 6 million for passing Mays :rofl:

Last edited:
Best thing for baseball would be A-Rod winning this appeal and sticking the Yanks with this bum.

its virtually impossible for mlb to get away with banning him for life... if they went that route they could have lost when arod took it to court

I agree, but that's all you heard about for the last week or so...that they were "planning on banning him for life." It isn't the least bit curious to anyone else that MLB also didn't use the "good of the game clause" to suspend him so that he couldn't appeal? MLB and A Rod did not come to an agreement or whatever in their negotiations, so it looks like either MLB or the media was just talking shit the past few weeks.

i dont understand where this arbitrary number comes from...

Yeah, it's kind of odd to me as well. I guess in their eyes they are suspending him for the rest of this year and the entire season next year, so the number didn't really mean much (or matter) to them. They wanted him to be gone through next year, and the # of games just happened to be what it is.

He's an NBA fan. If we're talking Bob Koozy, then we've got a problem.

So him playing tonight assures the Yankees DON'T get the insurance money for him not batting this year right? I think the total money they would've gotten was $18 million. That's why Brian Cashman was so pissed A-Rod was saying he was going to be playing soon a month or so ago.

Would have been cool if his own team walked off the field on him or the other teAm refused to play....

yea he has handles this well lol....had a lot of practice tho

The fighting for my life comment...ummmmmm

bro you aint got cancer....you just want next years 20 some odd milli bitch

yeah, what fucking world does this guy live in saying the last 8 mths have been the hardest of his life.

:crying:

i'm still confused as to how selig can suspend him for 214 games. Sure, he's an asshole, and a prima donna psycho, but they've never busted him on dirty piss. His one positive came from a "secret" drug test that was promised to be sealed, unless i'm missing something. Sure, he's been linked to a bunch of investigations, and everyone knows he's dirty, but 214 games? just because selig hates the dude and he lied to him over and over? how is that part of the CBA drug agreement?

1st offense=50 games. that's it. the braun 15 extra games was bullshit too. No matter how much i think these guys are full of shit, there's an agreement in place, and them fighting the suspension shouldn't get them more punishment. defending yourself, guilty or not is part of the CBA.

If you're a drug dealer, and you get away with it for years, the one time they bust you with an 1/8th doesn't mean you get 20 years. unless we're talking fed-time conspiracy cases...from what i hear, that is.

I am sort of confused by it as well. Why would other players hate on A-Rod??????? His steroid use dramatically increased pay for everyone else, his steroid use is no different than every other player who has done them, his lying is no different than any other player who has taken steroids ........ nope .... the only big difference here is that the most powerful team in the sport made a bad deal and now they want a way out and that put undue influence on the league office.

Back