20 PED Suspension incoming (Braun, Arod.....)

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
T.J. Quinn@TJQuinnESPN<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
BREAKING: MLB will seek to suspend A-Rod, Ryan Braun and about 20 players connected to Miami clinic. Founder Tony Bosch agreed to cooperate.

T.J. Quinn@TJQuinnESPN<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1m</small>
Sources tell @OTLonESPN Bosch will swear an affidavit that he provided drugs to players. MLB may seek 100-game suspensions for Braun, A-Rod.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...rodriguez-ryan-braun-part-miami-investigation

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera (Melky), Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, CesarPuello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautini de los Santos, Jordan Norberto, and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines." All are currently on major-league rosters but for Puello, a top outfield prospect for the New York Mets who is playing in Class AA Binghamton.

Also sure to be on MLB's list of questions is whether the Yankees' Robinson Cano, who could sign a lucrative free agent contract after this season, had any connection to Bosch or the clinic. The spokeswoman for Cano's foundation, Sonia Cruz, was listed in Biogenesis documents, as ESPN reported, and MLB officials have investigated whether she might have been a conduit for Cano.

• T.J. Quinn@TJQuinnESPN<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
    Bosch expected to meet MLB officials within the week. Suspensions could follow within two weeks, although most players certain to appeal.

• T.J. Quinn@TJQuinnESPN<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">5m</small>
    Sources say unlikely Gio Gonzalez to be suspended: Bosch expected to confirm what other sources said, that GG got only legal substances.

Not that the Brewers Under 81 wins needed much more help but a 100 game Braun suspension would be a dagger.

It'll be interesting to see if any further information surfaces on Cano.

Before the players had the edge with nobody coming forward. But with this Bosch guy cooperating with MLB it's a killer. I want to know what the players will say to defend themselves?

Maybe the 20 players never knew that PEDs were illegal. Clemons didn't know...Bonds didn't know...nobody knew.

Isn't first suspension only 50 games? How can it just bump to 100?
One source familiar with the case said the commissioner's office might seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Braun and other players, the penalty for a second doping offense. The argument, the source said, is the players' connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitute another.

Braun beat his first suspension on a fucking technicality and then acted as if he never used. That fucking prick deserves 100 and MLB should give that MVP to its rightful owner.....Matt Kemp

Braun is only caucasian, but he like Arod is from the corrupt U.

All the rest are hispanic descent of some sort and the Tigers now need a shortstop. Sweet!

Major League Baseball will seek to suspend about 20 players connected to Biogenesis, OTL has learned. Among the players who might ultimately face discipline:
[TABLE="width: 0"]
<thead style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">[TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TH="bgcolor: #D6D6D6, align: left"]Player[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #D6D6D6, align: left"]Team[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">[TR="class: last, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Ryan Braun[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Brewers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: last, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Everth Cabrera[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Padres[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Melky Cabrera[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Blue Jays[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Francisco Cervelli[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Yankees[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Bartolo Colon[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Athletics[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Nelson Cruz[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Rangers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Fautino de los Santos[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Free agent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Gio Gonzalez*[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Nationals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Yasmani Grandal[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Padres[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Fernando Martinez[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Astros[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Jesus Montero[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Mariners[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Jordan Norberto[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Free agent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Jhonny Peralta[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Tigers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Cesar Puello**[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Mets[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Alex Rodriguez[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Yankees[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tfoot style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">[TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]* Sources told ESPN that Gonzalez received only legal substances ** minor leaguer, not a member of the MLB Players Association[/TD]
[/TR]
</tfoot>[/TABLE]

Braun beat his first suspension on a fucking technicality and then acted as if he never used. That fucking prick deserves 100 and MLB should give that MVP to its rightful owner.....Matt Kemp
yep.

honestly though, I miss the late 90's early 2000's....high scoring excitement with guys like Brady Anderson leading off and hitting 50 HRs, lmao

This would be my guess as to why 100 for Braun. A-Rod is a 2nd time offender now right?

Baseball is so lame right now, they might as well let these guys take these substances.

Yep, just like they used to do all along. That damn Andro bottle that was seen in McGwire's locker pretty much ruined the MLB turning a blind eye to the PED use, which they always did.

I guess I am one of the few that says, let the players do what ever they want. If they want to hurt themselves to put a better product on the field and entertain me more, so be it.

Wait, if your not in the show you can juice up?? See the bottom of the table?

no, if you're in the minors you don't get the same arbitration process that MLB players have. Minor league players can't appeal, they're just suspended.

This case is shady as hell. Bosh, a dude facing big-time lawsuits from the MLB and a possible DEA investigation is doing an about-face on his previous commments and now saying all these guys took illegal substances from him. No way bud selig gets a 100 game suspension for anybody on this list. The collective bargaining agreement says 50 for first, 100 for second. Selig can't just stand up there and say "i'm getting 100 game suspension, because dammit, i'm angry". And this whole agreement that bosh has is walking the line of legality. Baseball is straight-up paying this dude to testify. Dropping lawsuits, giving him protection, etc. Some might question bosh's truthiness when MLB is paying him to speak.

If all it takes is your name being on a piece of paper, and a broke, scared man's word against yours, i think baseball is going to shit.

Fail a drug test, fuck yeah, suspend em. but some creep in florida says you're a juicer, and boom, that's it? you might get a 100 game suspension? because bud selig thinks you're a liar? how in the hell does that make sense?

so this Bosch guy decides to cooperate for a lesser sentence or whatever and now MLB is just going to take this guy at his word, after changing his story and suspend 20 guys 100 games.

yea ok, this will hold up in court.......hahaha

Not until the 2000 AL MVP goes to Frank Thomas, and not Jason Giambi.

so this Bosch guy decides to cooperate for a lesser sentence or whatever and now MLB is just going to take this guy at his word, after changing his story and suspend 20 guys 100 games.

yea ok, this will hold up in court.......hahaha
Depends on what kind of evidence this guy has. So far MLB hasn't said what he knows and what he's going to say. He personally said he injected A-Rod himself so I'm interested to hear what he has. He's got to have something damning.

Depends on what kind of evidence this guy has. So far MLB hasn't said what he knows and what he's going to say. He personally said he injected A-Rod himself so I'm interested to hear what he has. He's got to have something damning.

but can the MLB suspend these dudes for 50 or 100 games without having a failed drug test? i think that's kinda fucked up.

but can the MLB suspend these dudes for 50 or 100 games without having a failed drug test? i think that's kinda fucked up.
Yeah that's going to be the tough part. Not sure what the wording is for suspensions but if they want to give suspensions for associating with known steroid companies, then they might not need a failed test. But agree it's going to be hard to suspend w/o the failed test.

As far as Braun though, he did have a failed test. That fucker got off on a technicality.

And A-Rod admitted to using steroids but never served a suspension. And to even be linked to anything dealing with steroids is unbelievable with this idiot. He's going to go down like Sammy Sosa and Raphael Palmerio where he can't even show his face.

Yeah that's going to be the tough part. Not sure what the wording is for suspensions but if they want to give suspensions for associating with known steroid companies, then they might not need a failed test. But agree it's going to be hard to suspend w/o the failed test.

As far as Braun though, he did have a failed test. That fucker got off on a technicality.

And A-Rod admitted to using steroids but never served a suspension. And to even be linked to anything dealing with steroids is unbelievable with this idiot. He's going to go down like Sammy Sosa and Raphael Palmerio where he can't even show his face.

Agreed about braun. if that was me, there's no way i'm holding press conferences talking about my. keep your head down, cash your checks, and run away. dude was sticking his eye in bud selig's eye. not smart.

I'm confused about Bartolo Colon though. He failed a drug test, got suspended. His name is on this list, are they saying he kept using, or are they saying because they found out where he was getting it, he's gonna get suspended again? there's gonna be so much shit that comes out, i'm sure speculation is useless, but just wondering out loud.

there's gotta be some lawsuits coming. if they really get suspended, these dudes are gonna lose lots of cash. and they never dropped dirty piss? hell, i'd sue like a sunnovabitch.

exactly, due process in this country no longer exists.

should be for a court room, but not Brilliant Bud. This guy is getting a lesser sentence/penalty for spilling, it at least must be considered he could be lying, especially since he has already lied. Gee, what a concept.

From what I understand. They have documents for specific players purchasing specific drugs. That could prove to be damaging

Back