15 Weeks in... Lets TALK Gandy Style...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, I was gone from early in 2nd games till just now...

WTF happened?

Like seriously, wtf happened in Pitt and Oakland?

General thoughts, bring em...

So nobody on the planet knows what a catch is and it has impacted numerous important games but the league refuses to address and fix it.

Games go touchdown, commercial, kick off, commercial, two minute warning, commercial in a span of 5 real time minutes.

But yeah, it was the protests that drove ratings down.

In terms of what we learned in terms of game action:

Jacksonville is legit. Pats and Steelers should be scared to play them, they can beat anyone.

Most of the teams that should have won did win, so not much learning there. Eagles defense looks like trash, and it makes zero sense. Plenty of talent there and its the same unit that was dominant for so long this season. But they have to get their shit together or they will be one and done in the playoffs

Rams made a statement today, but I hate to say it I still don't fear Goff on the road in a playoff game.

Jimmy G is legit...like seriously legit. They have a nice thing brewing there in San Fran and the guys on the roster now are auditioning for spots on the team going forward. They are a bet on for me going forward.

Really hoping Dallas or Detroit can limp their way into the playoffs and then somehow win a game and have to come to Philly

I'll give you the recap Bar-

ROB GRONKOWSKI is the biggest force in the NFL since Jim Brown. Watching him abuse Pittsburgh dbs was embarrassing.

Edelmen and Gronk are the 2 best receiving players in the league in the last decade? Because they actually show up in all big games.

Antonio brown is not a big game player. He lives up to his sixth round drafting position when he plays in any big games. He puts all his stats vs Ravens and garbage teams.

Jags defense is probably better than both the great Seattle defense and the DENVER great defense.

They got lucky in the draft and made amazing free agent acquisitions.

When Ben threw that Int Tonlin had the look of a guy who put all his money on red on the roulette table and the ball landed black.

Not double covering Gronk in the two point convert was stupid for Pittsburgh

Fade Seattle the rest of year. They are done. Carols teams unravel very fast

They are championship or nothing b

Chargers lost as usual. Bosa Ingram heyward where are you?

Is rivers even good? I don't think he was every any good actually. He's not a winner end of story.

Tennesse coach is garbage. He played it stupid on 3rd and 2 and ran the ball and kicked a fgoal with 1 minute left. Instead of getting the first down and kicking a game winnjng fgoal.

Mariotta will be out of the league within 4 years. He's not NFL caliber.

In key moments yesterday I felt Big Ben choke.

He was ready to take a sack in the last Pittsburgh drive only to luckily squeeze out,

He was garbage on the last throw-

Big Ben isn't a winner like Brady -

Imagine pats with this version of their team winning it all?
If jags can't beat them no one can. M
Tonlin will never beat Bill

Jimmy G is legit...like seriously legit. They have a nice thing brewing there in San Fran and the guys on the roster now are auditioning for spots on the team going forward. They are a bet on for me going forward.

That's how I feel as well. But what if Jimmy G had ended up in Cleveland? Would the Browns be showing improvement like this or would the team find a way to screw it up?

Bears still only have one way to play. Get the lead, run to chew the clock, make the other team make the mistakes. Once the Lions got ahead you could shut that one off. If the Browns can first score next week they win their one game.

I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger quit than what the Bengals have displayed the last two weeks. Lions should be licking their chops next week.

That's how I feel as well. But what if Jimmy G had ended up in Cleveland? Would the Browns be showing improvement like this or would the team find a way to screw it up?

Jimmy would be thriving in Cleveland with Gordon and Coleman to throw to. Hell, Kizer even looks good at times, he just makes a lot of bad decisions. Put Darnold or Rosen in there and the Browns win 7 next year. And that's playing the AFC West and NFC South, two divisions with few pushovers.

Gandolf,

I don't necessary disagree with that take, but how many years have we been saying how "close" the browns are...and then they always find a way to browns. its like the pats only the exact opposite. ill believe the browns as a respectable team when I see it...and yes I am bitter because they have single handedly lost me a ton of money this season

Cognitive Dissonance.

Is this new? Commercials? 2 minute warning?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...es-plummet-empty-seat-epidemic-enters-week-15

If you are a fan of a 3-9 team, why on earth WOULD you go to the stadium on week 15, pay $50 for parking, $100+ for food and beer, deal with traffic, the cold, etc.

I'm a season ticket holder for the birds and if the last few games are meaningless, no chance in hell I go. Not when watching the game on a nice HD tv in a warm room or bar with Red Zone to keep tabs on the games that matter is the other option.

It doesn't matter who many people show up at the stadium as long as the tickets are purchased, and because of season ticket plans, they usually are.

So nobody on the planet knows what a catch is and it has impacted numerous important games but the league refuses to address and fix it.

Games go touchdown, commercial, kick off, commercial, two minute warning, commercial in a span of 5 real time minutes.

But yeah, it was the protests that drove ratings down.

This this this

League is a circus right now

Have the Rams hit their season win total of 5.5 yet? I have to thank Jeff Fisher for helping me prove the Fraud that he was. How he's going to get paid through next season is mind boggling.

Man what a league. Seems like there's some kind of controversy every few weeks.

I think that should have been a TD in Pittsburgh. Once you cross the goal line that should be it. It's a stupid rule IMO.

In Oakland, I can't really fault Derek Carr wanting to win it right there as he's a competitor. What I can criticize him though is knowing the situation. He has a first down at the 3 with 34 seconds left. Dive with both hands on the ball. If it was on the other side of the field with using his right hand I can see stretching with one hand. But he's not left handed. And Papergate wtf. If the Raiders get the ball there they don't even have to go for a TD. Just a FG. And the smug look on that ref, I wanted to slap the shit out of him. Tough way to lose.

Jimmy G is the real deal. He's doing great, and with zero weapons to throw to.

Would have loved to see if A-Rod could've gotten them in the end zone but the receiver fumbled. Would you play him now that there is no chance to make the playoffs?

And some of the last second mooses were crazy yesterday. The Saints game went OVER with that late run by Ingram when they were trying to run the clock out. The Pitt ending affected both the total and side in that game. The Oak ending affected them. In the Rams/Sea game there was a weird safety that pushed that game OVER. There will be some bad beats on ESPN for this weekend's action.

not gonna argue that Jimmy G has many good weapons but I really like the player Marquise Goodwin has turned in to. Hes not a number 1 WR by any means, but that was a good pickup and he should be able to have a Ted Ginn-like career.

and you wanna talk about a bad rule, I think the worst rule of all is the "fumble out of the end zone is a touchback and the other teams ball" rule. Lots of buzz about this this year, and it seems that people like the proposed alternate of "offense keeps the ball at the 20 and the down counts" and I cant argue, that sounds much better than the crazy 8 point swing for a fumble.

not gonna argue that Jimmy G has many good weapons but I really like the player Marquise Goodwin has turned in to. Hes not a number 1 WR by any means, but that was a good pickup and he should be able to have a Ted Ginn-like career.

and you wanna talk about a bad rule, I think the worst rule of all is the "fumble out of the end zone is a touchback and the other teams ball" rule. Lots of buzz about this this year, and it seems that people like the proposed alternate of "offense keeps the ball at the 20 and the down counts" and I cant argue, that sounds much better than the crazy 8 point swing for a fumble.
Totally agree. It's so unfair for a team to lose that much on that play. The reason why I don't think the other team should get the ball is because they never recovered the fumble. Pretty stupid to give it to them. Back them up (the team that fumbled) to the 20, I'll take that.

exactly, that is a great rule. it is bad enough of a punishment that players really do need to take care of the ball and not be reckless near the goal line, but its also not devastating enough that they lose possession completely. and the down would count, so if it was on a 2nd down run from 2nd and goal, it would be 3rd and goal from the 20, in most cases the team would have to settle for a fg

The catch rule is a bad rule but it was enforced correctly yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Pats capitalize on their opponents fuck-ups better than any team in the league.

You have to play the full 60 mins against this team or the full 4 hours in today's NFL.

You fuck-up against this team, you lose. Plain and simple.

And if Jimmy G looks at your girl, she ain't your girl no more.

Based on the hype swirling around the Niners QB, he is the only dude in the world right now that could beat Chuck Norris.

I was in the Dome today for the Saints.....couple things

Is NBAfan in here? Coleman from Rutgers had 2 fumbles today, but man he is a big fucker...I wanna say we drafted him in the 7th or UFA.....nice possession guy who has finally come on

Willie Snead just ain't got it right now"....I think the sitting out on suspension hurt him bad..Bressus never finds him

Ginn Jr has been ok, and if you can't pull for TommyLee, well I don't know what

Michael Thomas is a legit 1.....

Saints are Ohio St Varsity Club hahaha....man we got some fucking Bucks on this team!

Kamara and Ingram have crushed it obv, and Kamara is super special....just perfect for this offense
But our WRs block better than any team....Steelers usually/used to as well

This is what happens when you nail a draft.....amazing .......Marsh Lattimore is starting CB and playing like a top 5 lockdown guy already...he is Defensive Rookie of the Year....And his 3rd round friend Kamara is the. Offensive Rookie of the Year
Throw in a nice. Wisconsin Pollack O line man in Ramczyck and the Safety from Utah Williams....
ALL these guys start
That's how the boys won it back in the day.....nailing the draft

If you are a fan of a 3-9 team, why on earth WOULD you go to the stadium on week 15, pay $50 for parking, $100+ for food and beer, deal with traffic, the cold, etc.

I'm a season ticket holder for the birds and if the last few games are meaningless, no chance in hell I go. Not when watching the game on a nice HD tv in a warm room or bar with Red Zone to keep tabs on the games that matter is the other option.

It doesn't matter who many people show up at the stadium as long as the tickets are purchased, and because of season ticket plans, they usually are.

Disagree here.....I would have to think most Philly fans are oppo too huh? You would know better than I...

Maybe I am just die hard and it is a "thing" that I did with my Dad and Grandfather and now do with my sons and THEIR Grandfather...

But shit Ive sat in the Dome til the end of a Week 17 game when the Saints were 2-13...

YEP

I am in favor of something....ANYTHING but what they have now..

The catch rule is a bad rule but it was enforced correctly yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Pats capitalize on their opponents fuck-ups better than any team in the league.

You have to play the full 60 mins against this team or the full 4 hours in today's NFL.

You fuck-up against this team, you lose. Plain and simple.

And if Jimmy G looks at your girl, she ain't your girl no more.

Based on the hype swirling around the Niners QB, he is the only dude in the world right now that could beat Chuck Norris.
The "CATCH" needs fixing

WTF man....that was a TD, Dez's was a catch a few years ago vs GB and Calvin Johnson had one too

Disagree here.....I would have to think most Philly fans are oppo too huh? You would know better than I...

Maybe I am just die hard and it is a "thing" that I did with my Dad and Grandfather and now do with my sons and THEIR Grandfather...

But shit Ive sat in the Dome til the end of a Week 17 game when the Saints were 2-13...

Yeah man and that's cool, you are a die hard sports fan. But Joe Suburbia might not want to do that. I don't think Philly is immune to it. I have been to plenty of meaningless games, but I have also sold plenty and one single time I just flat out didn't go and ate the tickets. Especially the working class folk who bleed green but a $150+ day at the stadium is a lot for them to spend. The fact that the tickets were already purchased is all that matters from the teams standpoint though.

The catch rule is designed to minimize the amount of judgement required by the officials in determining issues of control and contact with the ground. It's easy to enforce and easy to review. Frankly with the speed of the game this is how the rule needs to be structured. I didn't like it when Dez got overturned in the playoffs, but that's the way it goes. MASSIVE WHINING from Steeler nation is no reason to change the rule.

Kudos to P-Unit for nailing the fact that James lost control almost immediately in the In-Game. Romo on the other hand, while he is enjoyable to listen to most of the time, was too busy watching the crowd cheer to pay attention to the replay.

The loss is devastating to a team that prides itself on being an emotion charged team like the Steelers. They go back to the usual crappy QB opponents in week 16 and 17, but they will have all they can handle and more with the Jags in the divisional round.

Carolina killing off Rodgers was no small feat, even if he wasn't at his best. In the end, with a chance to tie it up, Rodgers threw it to their #4 WR, who then fumbled the season away. It is amazing how often a bit player makes the big mistake to decide a game. It's also no surprise that it was a mediocre TE who couldn't keep his legs under him to complete the TD for the Steelers, followed by Ben trying to sneak a fake spike past Hoodie's boys with his #4 WR only to have the ball picked.

There is also some complaint about the end of the Raiders-Cowboys game with fumbles through the end zone being ruled touchbacks. This has to be a joke? That rule has been in place for decades! The penalty is too severe? Puh-lease. Just like with the catch rule, this game is all about maintaining possession and control of the ball. The penalty for failing to do so in the most important area of the field should be harsh.

If there's a rule that still needs tweaking in the NFL it's the pass interference rule. Too often a badly thrown ball, either underthrown or offline, results in a penalty because the WR acts like he can't adjust to the ball. Some simple concepts could be used to improve this rule.

I was in the Dome today for the Saints.....couple things

Is NBAfan in here? Coleman from Rutgers had 2 fumbles today, but man he is a big fucker...I wanna say we drafted him in the 7th or UFA.....nice possession guy who has finally come on

Willie Snead just ain't got it right now"....I think the sitting out on suspension hurt him bad..Bressus never finds him

Ginn Jr has been ok, and if you can't pull for TommyLee, well I don't know what

Michael Thomas is a legit 1.....

Saints are Ohio St Varsity Club hahaha....man we got some fucking Bucks on this team!

Kamara and Ingram have crushed it obv, and Kamara is super special....just perfect for this offense
But our WRs block better than any team....Steelers usually/used to as well

This is what happens when you nail a draft.....amazing .......Marsh Lattimore is starting CB and playing like a top 5 lockdown guy already...he is Defensive Rookie of the Year....And his 3rd round friend Kamara is the. Offensive Rookie of the Year
Throw in a nice. Wisconsin Pollack O line man in Ramczyck and the Safety from Utah Williams....
ALL these guys start
That's how the boys won it back in the day.....nailing the draft

What about ya boy Coach Payton not challenging a definite TD on the opening drive. Ingram's feet were in.

Settled for a FG and that extra 4 points ended up being the difference between rocks or ruby's.

And don't get me started on Coleman, dude must have received a brown paper bag before the game.

Anybody peep his ride and see if he had some new rims on it.

Saints shaved yesterday.

That being said, these guys are SB bound.

Would you sit out in the cold for a 2-13 team. Also thanks for beating the Jets.

What about ya boy Coach Payton not challenging a definite TD on the opening drive. Ingram's feet were in.

Settled for a FG and that extra 4 points ended up being the difference between rocks or ruby's.

And don't get me started on Coleman, dude must have received a brown paper bag before the game.

Anybody peep his ride and see if he had some new rims on it.

Saints shaved yesterday.

That being said, these guys are SB bound.
What we saw on screen looked like he stepped out......that's in the stadium tho

I feel you on Coleman, two AWFUL fumbles

I know your style and by the post, I'm sure you had a black n gold ticket

I had the OVER, so you can imagine my surprise

i thought it was a TD because he crossed the goal line.....if he had not been on the goal line then maybe an incompletion or fumble??...pass interference is a joke....spot foul if its just super obvious the defender is not going for the ball or doesn't have a clue where the ball might be or is the ball catchable!!!.....if close call~~15 yarder like in college!!!

I really think NFL and Jerry have a deal in place because of this whole Zeke suspension--Cowboys will make playoffs!!! they will win out!
Atlanta gets eliminated when they lose to Saints

Nothing matters because Pats have no defense but can still beat everyone.

Pats may not be as good as they once were but the rest of the league isn't very good also.

They will easily win it all this year again.m
Realistically they should have won the last 3 and be going for their fourth straight suoerbowl

Refs gave that game to Dallas for some reason. It was short.

Not sure why but they did. M
Jones influence possibly had something to do with it.

Back