11/5/08 nba

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
17-11 +5.20 Units
3-4 ML's +0.10 Units

PHO/INDY Over 204' -- Becoming evident that PHO is still playing a similar style to last year while the #'s have been adjusted for a half court set. Pacers with all the rest in the world and I think Ford will come out pushing the ball.

Heat +135 ML --Sixers have beaten the Heat L5 meetings. Also play the Magic tomorrow who they have lost 5 of the last 6 to. Think their heads are going to be in Orlando and this team isn't good enough to lose focus and win on the road. Heat have looked horrid on the road and played well beating a terrible SAC team. Their rookies are sure to play better at home than on the road for the first month or two of the season. I'll take the + money on the home team in what I think is a tossup.

Bulls/Cavs Over 186' -- Playing with fire with multiple overs, but I really like this one. Past matchups have been in the high 190's and I don't see why this one is any lower than the previous. Rose vs Williams should be a fun matchup and I expect them to both push it up the floor.

Haven't even looked at the late games yet, but I'm sure I'll be adding after I get back from the gym.

J good luck tonight, like the Hova in Indy

Not sure about Heat Ml, but trust your instincts. Didnt realize the look ahead. def staying away from Philly now.

BOL today JPicks, on the opposite side of you with the Cavs/Bulls though. I havent been doing very well with totals so you probably got the right side.

Like your thoughts on Phi/Mia, trying to get a better look at the game. As of now I have 20 on Phi over 48.5 1st half, because of the back to back, not sure what the Philly will do late in the game. Miami's D is not good, and Philly is putting up good numbers, but have been no good on the road thus far this season.

What do you think about these two match ups?

Wade -4.5 pts vs Igodaula

Brand -5.5 pts+reb vs Haslem

Gl with it all tonight?

How about the 76ers over good luck jp

I hate having two overs today with the way this season has started. Can't imagine having 3, but bol if you bet it. Probably the way I would have gone as well.

pho/indy over :shake:

:shake:

BOL today JPicks, on the opposite side of you with the Cavs/Bulls though. I havent been doing very well with totals so you probably got the right side.

I just don't see why this is listed 10 points under last years totals when they all ended up close to the listed #'s? It's not like CLE has decided to slow down this year compared to years past. Either way if I lose it at least you'll get something out of it. :)

Like your thoughts on Phi/Mia, trying to get a better look at the game. As of now I have 20 on Phi over 48.5 1st half, because of the back to back, not sure what the Philly will do late in the game. Miami's D is not good, and Philly is putting up good numbers, but have been no good on the road thus far this season.

What do you think about these two match ups?

Wade -4.5 pts vs Igodaula

Brand -5.5 pts+reb vs Haslem

Gl with it all tonight?

Love to help you on some props, but I have to admit I'm the last guy in the world to ask about props. We need Killa back as he used to destroy those things. BOL on whatever you decide.

Good Luck Jeff . Have another hoops game at 7:15 be back round later ...

:36_7_2:

I love this thing.

Alright last one for the day and it's another ML play. Not sure when I decided to start making ML plays a part of the season, but it is what it is. If they start going downhill I'll be done with them, but so far I can't complain.

Portland ML +240 -- Blazers have always played the Jazz well and this might be the game the Jazz finally miss DWill. The fact that POR is 1-2 while the Jazz are 3-0 only solidifies this bet.

Great day bro. I was all over the place today rushing to look at 3 sports . On the wrong side again of every tough loss. More pissed though my intial leans in CFB were both home teams and I wound up with a small play on NIU . Nothing like turning 2-0 into 0-1 . At least hockey was good NJD and over in that one.

I probably had action on every NBA game today .

Great hit on the over Pho. Was going to play it then I saw it was 207 and then Shaq was playing . Wound up only 1/2 unit on PHO at -2 and of course I was playing ball when it went to half and Suns were down.

At Toronto for some reason I talked myself into playing the Under 181.5 for 1.5 units. I like losses were I had little chance .

Was going to play Miami and 1st H Miami plus leaned Under . Wound up with none of those . Kinda tossed for a loop when Marion was going to play and the line kept going up . Of course I play Philly 2nd H and lose a unit once they fell apart on the 4th quarter .

I knew they were setting us at halftime with that total and I was thinking about taking the under 101 even though I had Over 204 . Dont and feel good for awhile but of course my read was right . Lose 2units.

Good win with ATL and ML only thing is why they hell did I have only 1 unit on ATL?

Trusted my read on the Cavs game and did well but so close to great . Had 1st Q Cavs 1/2 unit , 1st H and game to win 2.5 units more . Then 2nd H had Bulls +1.5 and over in small reverse . Cavs win the 2nd H by 2 which alot of books offered but not mine ! Also great call on that Over .

Wiz ML . Need I say more about tough losses . How in the world did they blow that and of course didnt realize Redd was out . When I did at half played a tad on Milw -1 but still lost a full unit anyway.

Spurs -4.5 -120 ....need i say more . Worse is had the 2nd H under as well which didnt even close probablu lost about -2.5 units here.

Stayed away from Boston game and when I saw the 2nd Q unfolding played the 2nd H under for a unit . Nice and clean +1unit.

Had Portland 1st H , Portland +7 -120 and ML ....maybe not the toughest loss but in a blink they let teh game get away at the end of 3rd Q and down just 1 inside a minute couldnt hit 1 bucket ....Probably washed on this game ...

Great call on the 1st Q over GSW had it as well but only 1/2 unit . Also just hit Den +1.5 1st H but have a small play on GSW -3 and und 210 ...

Just hit LAC 1st H and have them for the game with the under which at least has a chance now .

Kings and over pending as well .....

The morale of my story is all this work and pretty spot on and at the moment up +13$....some better breaks and 1/2 pt here and there I would be up at least 600...

Lets see how this plays out ....just a vent that no one has to read .

My knees are killing me from ball. :cheers:

Add the 2nd H Kings +1 and over 96.5 reverse as another fuck you ending . Martin misses 1 FT and Lowry grabs a board and gets the put back . Rather then a 2nd H tie yep Grizz win it by 2 .

Now add the LAL under 191.5 that was 101-81 with a minute to play and they score a ton of points inside 20 seconds apparently LAL still doesnt run the clock out talk about shady ! They even bust my 2nd H under 96 to a push which had 12 pts wiggle room with 60 seconds left ....Cant even consider losing LAC +14 a bad beat when its like clockwork with them....:36_11_6:

Toss in the late FTs that busted my und 210 @ GSW ....

crazy how many games are decided by 1-2 pts the past 2 days and I would say that I was on the wrong side each time...

in the end cant complain much when I end up +5 or +6 units but another day where a few breaks and I am probably 4 x that .........:shake:

Oh and 4th Quarter UNDER @ GSW cashes.....I dont forget ...:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. Could have been a better night if the Blazers would have pulled off the 2 to 1. One thing to note that SN stated is that Warriors 4th quarter unders are pure gold. Not sure why I haven't been playing them this year, DEN/GSW scares the hell out of me/ but the Warriors just kill the pace in the 4th. It is what it is. Need to take advantage of them.

And broadwayjoe:

tcu-bm.jpg

You should be taking advantage since you were the one who taught me that . Good Luck tmrw . Thinking Sixers ...

check the 11/06 thread. While I don't think Orlando is playing close to an elite level, I think Philly is garbage at this point. Honestly think they mail in the game vs. ORL and realize they need some practice time. 4 days off @home before facing Utah to figure out how to get things turned around. They burnt a ton of energy pulling from 21 down to within 9 only to lose by 20. hard to come back from that on a b2b imo.

heading to bed and I doubt I'll be around to talk much tomorrow as I'll be tailgating from noon on for the utah/tcu game. GL with whatever you play, unless you play the sixers. ;)

I didnt play it just waiting to see what happens tmrw would expect it to get bet up after the blowout today . Made it worst case ORL -4 and I know it was -7 and -6 lyr but Brand added to Philly and really outside of Pietrus(who hasnt even played much in the 4th Q so far due to fouls or struggles) not much for ORL. Magic's bench still non existant and they still struggle from the Charity Stripe . They killed Philly by hitting a ton of threes last year and outside of 44/80 vs SAC (which Philly upped them going 45/76 vs Sac) this team has not made baskets . Think 94/236 in 3 games including 33/80 vs CHI . Philly has 4 or so days off after this and rested basically everyone . I know Philly does struggle to defend the three but think ORL was 14/23 and 15/33 in the 2 wins down in ORL . SO far Orl 31/103(8/22 vs Sac so 2381 otherwise give or take)

:cheers:

check the 11/06 thread. While I don't think Orlando is playing close to an elite level, I think Philly is garbage at this point. Honestly think they mail in the game vs. ORL and realize they need some practice time. 4 days off @home before facing Utah to figure out how to get things turned around. They burnt a ton of energy pulling from 21 down to within 9 only to lose by 20. hard to come back from that on a b2b imo.

heading to bed and I doubt I'll be around to talk much tomorrow as I'll be tailgating from noon on for the utah/tcu game. GL with whatever you play, unless you play the sixers. ;)

Enjoy the game probably be on Utah .

I guess I think I ORL is garbage losing badly at home to ATL , @ memphis , not playing all that well vs Sac as the cover was about 50/50 late in the game where Philly just smoked them , barely hanging on vs CHI who looked weak at Cle and at Boston. Philly at least smoked NYK and Sac the cupcakes they faced . They didnt play that well vs Toronto but thought they played fairly well @ ATL but fell apart late .

I also dont think Philly wasted much energy because they played 10 guys and only 2 had more then 26 minutes (Miller had 28) Young and Brand ....:shake::cheers:

Back