10/31/08

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
4-5 -1.30 Units
1-1 ML's +0.90 Units

Not happy with the way that Suns/Hornets game ended. Were they really bombing 3's up 12 with two minutes to go? Didn't think they were trying to RUTS, just looked odd. Oh well.

Heat -5 -- I think the Kings are horrible and I'll continue to bet that way. Hopefully Wade knows how to finish a game a bit better than the TWolves. Interesting that the linesman have the TWolves and Heat as equals.

Celtics -8' -- Look at last years' matchups and tell me what has changed. Boston should be an 11 or higher in this one. I'll take the value. Both teams play tomorrow, but neither should have much of a lookahead. 1st half play is also a possibility.

Blazers ML +110 -- Used to be great times to bet the Spurs off of a loss, but to be honest they played well the other night and still couldn't beat the Suns. Por has some tough games coming up and really need this game.

Clipps -- ML Waiting for the best #.

Raptors/Warriors O206 Have you seen the Warriors play?

Some other thoughts:

Last time the Knicks played the Sixers they lost by 40+ and gave up 100 points thru 3Q's. Do they remember it? 217 is a bit of a joke for a total though. The Suns/Sixers was listed at 218' last year in Philly and they didn't reach it. So either the Knicks are running more than the Suns did or they have better players. I think the line is a good 7 points to high, but not touching it.

Magic win by 1-6 tonight and beats Sacramento by 30 on Saturday.

BOL to all tonight. :cheers:

Thanks marlo. Ill be adding the clipps just hoping to get it before tip at a larger #

watching it myself, I noticed its on the rise.

No word on Camby playing yet either?

Clippers look suspect to me. Until Kaman starts playing basketball this team has real problems without Camby. Thomas and Davis need Time. Figure a slow start for them and then much value the rest of the way. Any opinion on the Boston total? Leaning to under there. GL

Looking over clippers schedule , it looks like they would be staring 0-7 or so in the face before getting sactown at home on the 12th of nov. They really need this win.

Would not put the home games vs Utah or Dallas in the books yet. Kaman will wake up and Camby will be back but if Camby does not play tonight and Kaman continues living in a daze do not like their chances against a Denver team that has played very well so far.

The Clippers most likely get the Jazz in a H&H without DWill. Why is a win at LAC such a gimme for Tah?

watching it myself, I noticed its on the rise.

No word on Camby playing yet either?

Camby is very doubtful according to a Denver paper.

Alas, Camby has a bruised right heel. Though he practiced Thursday for the first time in three weeks, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy called him "very doubtful."

"The training staff is saying I'll probably be back out there Monday," said Camby, who initially lashed out at the Nuggets for dealing him but has softened his stance. "I'm definitely just inches away from being on the court.

"I know everyone is anxious to see me play against Denver and try to make it a bigger event when actually what it really is. It's just a game. People are thinking it's going to be a revenge game or this or that. I have no hard feelings toward the team."

Clippers look suspect to me. Until Kaman starts playing basketball this team has real problems without Camby. Thomas and Davis need Time. Figure a slow start for them and then much value the rest of the way. Any opinion on the Boston total? Leaning to under there. GL

Agree on the Clippers and I suppose my main interest in throwing down some money on this is the fact that the Nuggets are road favs. The lack of PT that the team has had together is a problem and I'm having some reservations about the play honestly. I don't think Davis, Thomas, and Kaman played many minutes at all together in the preseason. As far as Kaman goes I haven't paid much attention to him other than I know he had a horrible opening night, which I'm willing to excuse vs. LA, but I remember his Olympics being a train wreck. Was he bad in the preseason as well? Need to look I guess.

Lean towards the Boston under. Like Rondo against Rose/Hinrich or whoever they toss out there. Biggest worry is that the C's had no problems scoring on CHI last year and if MLW doesn't turn the ball over 19 times they go 100+ on Chicago on opening night. TT under for CHI would be a bit stronger I believe. Low 90's seems like the best possible effort.

Looking over clippers schedule , it looks like they would be staring 0-7 or so in the face before getting sactown at home on the 12th of nov. They really need this win.

Exactly the reason I think they need this game, while the Nuggets get Melo back tomorrow and face the hated Lakers. Don't see a full effort from the Nuggets.

Fuck those fucking fuckers

BOL, JP

Thanks counselor.

GL on the other 3 besides the C...:whip:

Well hopefully you get an 11 or something with the C's so I can cheer for you as well. :)

The Clippers most likely get the Jazz in a H&H without DWill. Why is a win at LAC such a gimme for Tah?

If DWill doesn't play at LA then I wouldn't bet on the Jazz. Davis will abuse Ronnie Price and if Camby plays they'll have the bodies inside to negate Booz and Okur. I will say that this game against DEN, minus Melo, looks easier on paper than the Jazz coming to town.

Kaman was hopeless preseason. Think its actually lucky that the Clippers have such a tough early bunch of games. when they are weak. Same situation as the Kings I had last year. Get knocked around. Get close and improve and then they will simply take off. GL

Kaman's game is almost all based on confidence. He has not looked good since the all star break of last season. He had a bad 2nd half last year ending in injury, a bad showing in the olympics, and a really bad preseason. On top of that, he still isn't healthy.

When confident, his really good skill set takes over and he just reacts instead of thinking all the time. The more he plays with Baron the better he should get since Baron will set him up for a lot of easy baskets. Those easy ones should give Kaman the confidence he needs to play at his best.

also... one game in and they already has a closed door meeting after the Wednesday's game in which Baron lit into his teammates. Hoping they come out with some fire tonight.

gl JP

also... one game in and they already has a closed door meeting after the Wednesday's game in which Baron lit into his teammates. Hoping they come out with some fire tonight.

gl JP

Agreed. The one thing I worry about Baron ripping into his teammates is the fact that he hasn't exactly been healthy recently to play with these guys. This thing could turn really ugly if they don't keep their heads together. I do agree with Tuck though that they could set up nicely for a good stretch run in December or so once they get their feet wet and used to play with each other.

Think the best chance for the Clippers is the mental problem of Denver with the Laker game the next day. The team that knocked them out and that Iverson said was better then them. Logically they should bear down tonight as they are not in good shape tomorrow but logic and reality ----sometimes have little in common. GL

J gonna play that total with ya, solid play. Looking at last years matchups and years past matchups def. back this one up

Think the best chance for the Clippers is the mental problem of Denver with the Laker game the next day. The team that knocked them out and that Iverson said was better then them. Logically they should bear down tonight as they are not in good shape tomorrow but logic and reality ----sometimes have little in common. GL

Logic and Denver NEVER go together. While I think the Clippers aren't a great team I'm not required to lay any points in a favorable scheduling spot so I have to do it.

Clippers ML +110

J gonna play that total with ya, solid play. Looking at last years matchups and years past matchups def. back this one up

Going to be really tight. Either FT's push us over or a slow down 4th Qtr. is going to kill us.

Pretty impressed with both teams to be honest. Love J O neal in Toronto right now.

Loving my Toronto pick for tomorrow.

Lets hope for OT, or were SOL.

Give me some thoughts on Cleveland. I really like them in this spot, but it just seems going against NO at home is a death wish

First good beat of the year. :)

That's why you can't complain about the bad ones.

The Cleveland bet is based on no Peja or Chandler. I love CP3, but I don't think he can carry the team by himself. David West is a good piece, but this CLE team already has played a tough road game and should be ready. I think the 1st half might be the better play, but wanted to lock in the 5 while it was there.

Well I need the Clipps and Blazers, plus an unposted tail of Brewers of the O193 in Memphis so I have some work to do. Getting ready to step out and harass some ladies dressed as hoes.

We still have some work to do here as these guys suck right now. Trying to hold off on drinking until this thing wraps up.

Well I need the Clipps and Blazers, plus an unposted tail of Brewers of the O193 in Memphis so I have some work to do. Getting ready to step out and harass some ladies dressed as hoes.

We still have some work to do here as these guys suck right now. Trying to hold off on drinking until this thing wraps up.

GF is putting together a few costumes for me and a few of my friends. Were going to attempt to do the same thing.

Back