1/10/09 NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
151-122 (55.4%) +18.25 Units

Charlotte +3.5 -- The better team is getting points in a situation that tends to favor the home team. I'll bite. Wizards seemed to have blown their wad on the Cavs game. Tough to regroup on the last of a 4/5. Charlotte third straight road game in their 4/5, but I'd say there travel schedule looks easier than the Wiz. Bottom line to me in this game is that one team is striving to get better (Cha) while one team has been heard talking about draft picks already. In a spot where motivation is sparse I'll take the team that looks to be serious about improving.

Minnesota -1.5 -- Trend play as much as anything for me here. Minny is playing very well at the moment winning 7 of 8 ATS while the Bucks have come back to earth a bit.

Played the Pistons ML @+450 for entertainment purposes. Ya they can't beat the jazz and it's the last game of a the roadie and it's off of AI going to Denver, but that ML is stupid. A team that has won 8 of 9 going against a team that is going to be missing two starters shouldn't ever be a 4.5 to 1 underdog.

Leans toward the Knicks, Thunder and the Warriors.

Best of luck tonite J !

Would love to hear your opinion on the Magics. Are they as good as their recent record is showing? Is it about time to start fading them or they are so good that they might cover even adjusted lines? I haven't seen them play too much this season, but there was a lot of talk about their lack of bench. Furthermore suddenly Nelson plays at an incredibly high level this year when he was a turnover machine in the past... i'm totally confused but have a feeling they have also had a high dose of luck. Well it's not only about the Hawks. When after the New Year's Eve there was a lot of praise in Atlanta press about their team and how much improved they are and how good they became, I knew they are in for a letdown period. They are good but the transition to a successful team is a little more bumpy. Tx:shake:

Actually like the Magic quite a bit. Always the unheralded child in the EC. What they did to ATL certainly will open some eyes among casual bettors though. I'd more inclined to fade them if they were actually at home playing soft competition but their next five games include @SAN, @LAL, @DEN, and BOS. Books aren't going to inflate their lines with that competition. Always have considered the Magic a top road team and they are 12-5 ATS so far this year so I'm not overly excited about fading them on their 4 game roadie. That may change if they go into SAN and beat the Spurs and take care of the Kings as well. I'll take a hard look at Denver on the last game of their roadie with it being a b2b off of LAL with BOS on deck.

Also agree 100% about the Hawks. Good thoughts.

GL JP, like both, and those may also be my only plays today. Love the spot for your boys, but that line is a joke

We are together with Minn but may be taking separate paths in Washington. Low spread game and the home team wins a lot with these referees. Jamision seems to shoot much better at home. Still thinking but tilt to Washington. gl

gl JP

thoughts on ur Jazz?

AI on B2B but steep chalk...im thinkin maybe a 1H play on Stons...Utah tends to sleep walk some then pick it up 2H

We are together with Minn but may be taking separate paths in Washington. Low spread game and the home team wins a lot with these referees. Jamision seems to shoot much better at home. Still thinking but tilt to Washington. gl

Didn't even look at refs or totals today. Amazing how much you can miss out in a week of being out. Still trying to catch up with everything. Still like the 4/5 spot for the road team trend that brewers7 brought to my attention. GL with whatever you decide.

BOL today JP - just getting around to looking at todays card

Thanks man.

gl JP

thoughts on ur Jazz?

AI on B2B but steep chalk...im thinkin maybe a 1H play on Stons...Utah tends to sleep walk some then pick it up 2H

Hard not to like the spot for the Jazz and hate the line. Pistons have never been the kind of organization to fold because of a bad spot hence the side small bet I took on the ML. Wrote in SF's thread that I'll be happy to get the Jazz at half if they are down or up <3. Sloan has been getting pretty pissed in the media about their slow starts and it's possible that Miles being out will be just enough to wake them up.

Warriors +13 -- Just don't think the Blazers are playing well right now to lay this many.

last one

no OKC love? i know both on B2B but think +9 on a scrappy team against a medicore jumper team looks OK

last one

no OKC love? i know both on B2B but think +9 on a scrappy team against a medicore jumper team looks OK

Did consider it quite a bit. Problem for me is that the Bulls should have plenty of open jumpers. While the Thunder have been playing a little bit better defense the Bulls will still have plenty of open looks. I don't see them having a problem scoring and whether they cover or not is dependent on their D. I like the over more than anything in this one.

Wound up with more on over 181 but a little on Washington minus 2 a number I arranged so we could both hopefully win. No idea what I am doing in the Portland game. Thought 9 was right as a spread but almost all situational factors favor Portland. Maybe a pass for me. Very hard for me to even visualize the GS team right now. GL

Good Luck Jeff ....

Alot of missing players @ GSW and Roy is returning just an FYI ..

Golden State Warriors
<TABLE cellPadding=0 width=900 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=70>Team</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=50>Updated</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=50>Player</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=50>Pos.</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=50>Injury</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=50>Status</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=230>Update</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" width=400>Rotowire Analysis</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/10/2009 10:52:58 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Corey Maggette </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">G </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Personal </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Out </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">downgraded to expected to miss Saturday (1/10) vs. Portland </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px"></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=7>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/7/2009 10:24:00 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Stephen Jackson </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">G </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Hamstring </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">OUT </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">out 2 weeks. </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Jackson will miss at least the next two weeks after an MRI revealed a strained right hamstring, the Contra Costa Times reports. </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=7>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/7/2009 10:39:09 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Monta Ellis </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">G </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">ankle </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Out Indefinitely </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">is out indefinitely </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Don Nelson said on Tuesday that Monta Ellis thinks he's ready to make his season debut, and he could start practicing soon. "He's chomping at the bit," Nelson said. "We're being very conservative with him. But he's getting close to being in practice....If we had rushed him back, he'd have been playing two weeks ago because he wanted to play." </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=7>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/10/2009 11:08:01 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Marcus Williams </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">G </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Flu </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Out </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">expected to miss Saturday (1/10) vs Portland. </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px"></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=7>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/9/2009 11:38:31 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Brandan Wright </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">F </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">shoulder </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Out </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">will miss a minimum of 3 weeks, according to San Francisco Chronicle </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px"></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=7>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; DISPLAY: none; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Golden State Warriors </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">1/8/2009 10:14:13 AM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Anthony Morrow </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">G </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">personal </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Probable </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">missed last game, probable for Saturday (1/10) vs Portland </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Morrow missed Wednesday's game for the birth of his child and should be fine to play Saturday. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back