‘18-‘19 START’em or SIT’em

mogo I think you have enough KC exposure so I'd look at the Muscle Hamster against the Bengals. Sutton not a bad call either with Ward expected to be out. Send Tate packing, Eagles are a bit of a mess at this point.

I dropped Pettis to pick up Samuel this week. Breida's return could throw some uncertainty in how touches get distributed in SF, while Samuel has been steady for 4 weeks and the situation is also steady.

Alright Steelers say they expect Conners to play. You think hes a full go? I read he was walking with no limp yesterday.

I need to start one of these. Golladay, Fitzgerald, Corey Davis, or do I pick up Curtis Samuel?

Alright Steelers say they expect Conners to play. You think hes a full go? I read he was walking with no limp yesterday.
If he plays he’s a full go. It’s all hands on deck this week, there’s fear and a little bit of panic in the air here. This is being treated like a playoff game.

I need to start one of these. Golladay, Fitzgerald, Corey Davis, or do I pick up Curtis Samuel?
Kenny G has to deal with White, tough matchup. Larry looks Ok. Davis looks Ok. Guess I’d lean Davis based on a better QB, but if the weather stinks I could see Larry. He can score against Atlanta.

They’re all number 1 WRs whiles Samuel is a number 2, think DJ Moore is their number 1. I tend to lean on a number 1 first.

Stafford playing through back injury he had only 101 passing yards vs Zona and was limited in practice all week with it but will still play so i‘d stay away from Detroit plus dome team out in cold

Kenny G has to deal with White, tough matchup. Larry looks Ok. Davis looks Ok. Guess I’d lean Davis based on a better QB, but if the weather stinks I could see Larry. He can score against Atlanta.

They’re all number 1 WRs whiles Samuel is a number 2, think DJ Moore is their number 1. I tend to lean on a number 1 first.

But won‘t Eli Apple be covering Carolina‘s number one receiver?

I‘d go with Samuel. I think four straight double digit point week? Hes been an important playmaker as Cam‘s arm is limited by injury and hopefully Apple is not on him. But then Davis if weather is ok. Fitz should be good too Atlanta‘s D nothing to write home about it doesn‘t get a lot of pressure so Zona o-line won‘t hold back Rosen like it did vs Detroit which does have a solid sack rate.

If he plays he’s a full go. It’s all hands on deck this week, there’s fear and a little bit of panic in the air here. This is being treated like a playoff game.

That worries me. Maybe he‘ll play bc he‘s needed and just be mostly ineffective kinda like Tyreek Hill on tnf. He hasn‘t been able to practice until yesterday and it seems like he‘s really not ready. I mean how do you cut with a bad ankle?

ok championship match. PPR. for remaining Flex spot, go with one of my bench players or pick up one of these FA? so many options all with similar projections... i currently have Edwards in the flex spot

current lineup:
Mahomes
Gurley
McCaffrey
Kelce
Boyd
?
Bears
Maher

bench:
Golden Tate
Gus Edwards
Courtland Sutton
Doug Baldwin
Calving Ridley

FA:
Chris Godwin
Doug Martin
DJ Moore
Damien Williams
@VirginiaCavs thoughts?

On a plane, here‘s some initial thoughts

Tate: new quarterback brings uncertainty to question of chemistry
Edwards: volume concern, Harbaugh said Kenneth Dixon will have a bigger role plus Edwards doesn‘t catch.
Sutton: a lot to like here with Sanders on IR and Cleveland secondary beleaguered (top corner Ward out plus other starters). Downside is Keenum. Keenum loves throwing to the slot and I don‘t think Sutton is in the slot.
Ridley: too up-and-down and Atlanta O as a whole is in such a rut, five games in a row I think not exceeding 20 points
Baldwin has topped 50 yards twice all season, seems like Lockett is absorbing the touchdowns. Locket also hogging the targets. Baldwin only targeted four times in last game vs SF. But maybe Baldwin sees more love against ok 49ers run D and without Penny? He does have a high catch rate when targeted. 49ers rank 24th in pass D vs opposing #2 receiver. But hes still so lackluster largely bc his avg depth of target is so low ie hardly a deep threat and barely any yac. Limited by hip but should play.

Godwin: facing Bmore i‘d just stay away even with Desean out
Martin: volume? Raiders interior line battered and team in bad spot after upset win.
Moore: solid volume especially lately and Saints have allowed a ton of production to wide receivers, I just worry about Apple. Carolina will surely be passing a lot tho. Plus Cam needs playmakers with his bad shoulder and Moore is good at yac
Williams: he already played this week? He was certainly a great surprise factor!

So looking into Moore and Sutton in particular.

Any word in pitt on if hes playing?
No word. Game time decision. Reporters in this town basically regurgitate what the Steelers tell them. That’s how they get away with excuses like a faulty X-ray machine for why Tomlin tried to get away with keeping Big Ben out against the Raiders.

With Penny out and Conner likely out would you go with Jaylen Samuels or Carson?

1ppr and .5 pt per carry

I see the appeal to Samuels in his versatility, but Pats aren't really terrible in pass defense against opposing running backs (except against Drake lmao) I think Carson is absolutely the more reliable choice, higher floor, especially if you get .5 point per carry, probably going to get his 17-22 carries (second-biggest competitor for touches out) and maybe a touchdown.

Samuels did get a good amount of receptions last week against Oakland, but Raiders are also #2 in pass D against opposing top receiver, they took away Brown as a threat (only 35 yards) I think forcing Ben to check it down to Samuels more often, Pats rank #20 vs #1 receiver #17 vs #2 receiver so I don't think Samuels will get the same volume in catching passes because Ben will be able to go to his top two receivers more often

Just a larger body of work out there for Carson, you know more that you're getting a pretty good product. \

Last edited:
Samuels could still get more run in passing situations. They trust him now. Steelers will try to establish run early would be my guess but man those Saints at home make it a 2-3 score game quick and all bets are off. Could be a passing 3 quarters for Ben.

*sorry just noticed this was for last week lol

Pettis is a guy on my radar this week. He continues to show he is the main WR for Mullens.

Big play league non ppr and i may pick up Pettis to use ahead of Edelman and Jeffrey. Thoughts? I know its the Bears but Shanahan is a great offensive coach and Bears fresh off a huge win heading far west. Bears defense on road has given up 27 plus to NYG and MIA with Osweiler.

Samuels could still get more run in passing situations. They trust him now. Steelers will try to establish run early would be my guess but man those Saints at home make it a 2-3 score game quick and all bets are off. Could be a passing 3 quarters for Ben.

*sorry just noticed this was for last week lol

Still apllies this week.

Pettis is a guy on my radar this week. He continues to show he is the main WR for Mullens.

Big play league non ppr and i may pick up Pettis to use ahead of Edelman and Jeffrey. Thoughts? I know its the Bears but Shanahan is a great offensive coach and Bears fresh off a huge win heading far west. Bears defense on road has given up 27 plus to NYG and MIA with Osweiler.

Their safety is out with an ankle injury. The bears d is relentless and are playing at a high level. In the miami game heat and conditioning played a role as the points were scored late and the Giants game theres no excuse. Just a bad game.

Not sure how good the 9ers line is tbh but if it is average to below stay away. They will not run the ball well so they will be forced to pass and if they cant protect Mullens they're screwed.

Edelman is way too consistent to sit, only two weeks out of ten under 50 yards. Jeffrey is a bit more up and down, six weeks out of eleven under 50 yards. I could see taking a chance with Pettis over him.

Edelman is way too consistent to sit, only two weeks out of ten under 50 yards. Jeffrey is a bit more up and down, six weeks out of eleven under 50 yards. I could see taking a chance with Pettis over him.

True, but have a feeling against the Bills its a running game as 14pt chalk. And remember, this is a big play league, where the longer the TD the better. For example, a 5 yard td is worth 3 points but a 50yard td is worth 12. Its not an end all as you want consistency but nevertheless it has me thinking. Edelman is your ultimate 8 catch 80 yard guy and not being PPR his value is sapped even more. Hes more an extension of the run game.

True, but have a feeling against the Bills its a running game as 14pt chalk. And remember, this is a big play league, where the longer the TD the better. For example, a 5 yard td is worth 3 points but a 50yard td is worth 12. Its not an end all as you want consistency but nevertheless it has me thinking. Edelman is your ultimate 8 catch 80 yard guy and not being PPR his value is sapped even more. Hes more an extension of the run game.
True, if you're hoping for a high ceiling game then I could see Pettis.

Just know that the Bears have allowed only 6 TD passes by QBs in the last 8 games, with the longest being 16 yards. The one long TD they allowed was a trick play pass by OBJ to Shepard. They are a long way removed from those Sept-Oct games where they got gashed by Brady, Rodgers and, uhhhh, Osweiler (yeah he doesn't fit).

Foles loves Alshon tho I don‘t think you can compare pre-Foles Alshon with post-Wentz. He was main target from the start over Ertz i‘d think that continues

Their safety is out with an ankle injury. The bears d is relentless and are playing at a high level. In the miami game heat and conditioning played a role as the points were scored late and the Giants game theres no excuse. Just a bad game.

Not sure how good the 9ers line is tbh but if it is average to below stay away. They will not run the ball well so they will be forced to pass and if they cant protect Mullens they're screwed.

The Giants had a pick six a field goal off a fumble and another field goal on good field position and then field goal in overtime. Bears d can‘t help it when offense turns it over thrice

Made it to the championship somehow. Had conners out, obj out, and Allen get a goose egg. Luckily I picked up Williams and had Samuels who had great games.

Same position this week or even worse depending on the status of Allen

Lets fucking win and do CTG proud, ljc. Gonna post my fantasy lineup for the championship game. Open to all suggestions.

Matt Ryan
AB
Mike Evans
CMC
Joe Mixon
Ebron
Jarvis Landry
Vinatieri
Titans D

Bench:

Jordy Nelson
Chris Carson
Tyler Lockett
Josh Allen
Antonio Callaway
Robby Anderson

Her's mine. 1ppr and .5 pt per carry

Have a bench spot open for a pick up. A tad worried about Rivers and Allen tw. Allen looks on track to play. Think Conner will be a no go but who knows. I'd rather have a healthy Samuels then a gimpy Conner, and Ware looks like he'll play.

Could pick up Foles who is the best QB on waivers but I think that is a real risky proposition. I'd rather go with Rivers as he has been real consistent all year.

QB Rivers
RB Conner
RB Kamara
WR OBJ
WR Allen
TE Ebron
Flex Carson
K Lutz
D Colts

Bench
Woods
D. Williams
Sony Michel
Robby Anderson
Samuels

Ljc i‘d be really careful about injuries at this point because at this point of the season we‘re seeing guys who decide to play but clearly are ineffective and basically just act as a decoy. Hopefully there‘s info out there to help prevent that. Maybe lean away from guys who are game-time decisions

Pretty sure I'll sub Woods for obj. Don't think he'll play and Conner for Samuels for the same reason. I'd prefer to start Williams over Samuels but I think Ware will play and screw that up.

Pretty sure I'll sub Woods for obj. Don't think he'll play and Conner for Samuels for the same reason. I'd prefer to start Williams over Samuels but I think Ware will play and screw that up.

Yeah the Ware thing is annoying me. I have D. Williams on both teams but dont think I can play him unless there is clarity on situation. To me it is clear D. Williams gives them a better and faster option at RB.

My Potential Lineup in one of two fantasy bowls im lucky enough to be in this week. Thoughts appreciated on lineup.. Remember this is non ppr, big play league bonus and 1 point every 25 yards rushing/receiving, 1 point every 50 passing. I know its crazy scoring but so fun.

Brees
Mixon
Antonio Brown
Tyreek
FLEX RB/WR Jeffrey
Ertz
Tucker
Patriots
*We start one rb and three wr or two rb and two wr

Bench
Ben
D. Williams KC J. Williams GB Ingram Fournette
Edelman
Maher
Chiefs or FA Dolphins Colts

Debating Ben or Brees been playing home QB all year
Tucker or Maher
Defense, can never pick my nose on right one (sacks,FR, INT, DTD (big plays very important but random)
and flex Jeffrey, Edelman or another back....

Fwiw I subbed Colts for Chiefs. Also I think Edelman in ppr has much higher floor then Jeffrey but Jeffrey has a higher ceiling but not a ton higher.

I think Brees is a hard play because of recency bias. Three straight poor performances, but all on the road. His passer rating is 139 at home, compared to 99 on the road. Here's what his passer rating been in first home game after having been on the road: 153 vs Wash, 137 vs Rams, 153 vs Eagles.

Chiefs D I tend to stay away from because they get involved in a lot of shootouts, rank 28th in opposing points per game. Their offense is geared to score quickly, so even if the defense starts off well, it wears down--good example is the Chargers game.
Dolphins seem obvious but after basically losing their playoff hopes, I question how much effort they will give.
Colts entice me because they play a lot of zone defense (more than about any other team) and i've read about Eli struggling against zone coverage. Plus, unlike Miami, they will give solid effort.

Also, Ware is doubtful and conner is out.

So do you go with Samuels @ NO or Williams @ Seattle.

1 ppr and .5 ppcarry

I lean Williams due to a better matchup and I think he’ll get more touches.

Thoughts

I think Samuels is a stay-away just because the new quarterback presents such a question mark. Like look what happened to Ertz vs Alshon alluva sudden after Foles. With Williams at least you know you‘re getting a strong part of the offense plus team motivation. Carolina just lost its season

Saints got a strong run D (based on production allowed to Zeke, CMC, overall rankings) tho they do rank 30th in pass D. But how often is Ben gonna check it down to him when Saints allow a lot of production to opposing wide receivers, plus James Washington coming on strong

I get that CMC caught for some yards but the offense literally runs through him especially as Cam lacked an arm for downfield and Ben has three good receivers

I think Brees is a hard play because of recency bias. Three straight poor performances, but all on the road. His passer rating is 139 at home, compared to 99 on the road. Here's what his passer rating been in first home game after having been on the road: 153 vs Wash, 137 vs Rams, 153 vs Eagles.
He's insane at home, I own him every year it seems and just play him in home games, basically same with Ben but Ben has been good away this year. It's a tough call, may depend on game flow so it's so hard to predict. Brees could be handing off late if it's a blowout while Ben has to chuck, but JuJu is ? Now. Also, if ravens lose Sat night I could see Pitt packing it in early if it's getting out of hand and resting up for basically playoff game at home vs Cincy week 17.

Back