‘18-‘19 START’em or SIT’em

TJ Yeldon (@Dallas) or Joe Mixon (Pitt)

In PPR, Cowboys rank a good #11 in points allowed to RB on the ground, #18 in points allowed to RB thru the air. That's having faced McCaffery, Barkley, Seatle mix, Lions mix, and Alfred Blue.

In PPR, Steelers rank a stout #6 in points allowed to RB on the ground, #5 in points allowed to RB thru the air. That's having faced Hyde, Hunt, Tampa mix, Collins/Allen and Freeman/Coleman.

Against WR, Cowboys rank as sixth best D, while Steelers are #29. So defensively, Dallas funnels to RBs catching passes, while Pittsburgh funnels towards passing to WRs.

Based on both being bell cow backs this week, the number say go with Yeldon.

Thanks!

Sounds like I should also grab Andy instead of Baker (Brees on by week) if Andy will be hitting his receivers. Granted Haden on AJ Green is tough based on Haden vs Julio last week

Defense will be a crap shot this week. Got Rams in run-crazy Denver but free agents are such garbage

Ginger at home against Pittsburgh has been hit or miss, but there could be an interesting reason for that. His weapons are definitely better than Cleveland's. Last year 19 pts, 2014-28 pts, 2013-16 pts. What do those games have in common? Shazier was either not there (2013), a rookie (2014), or only played part of the game (2017).

When Shazier was a full-time star: 2015-knocked out of game, 2016-8 pts.

TJ Yeldon (@Dallas) or Joe Mixon (Pitt)

One is a 3-down back who took every snap last week, can catch the football and is essentially playing with no backup and is guaranteed volume...

...and the other guy is TJ Yeldon.

If you're considering playing Yeldon over Joe Mixon ever, at any time, in any point in history...you're doing it wrong.

There are maybe now 3 three-down backs left in the NFL....Gurley, LeVeon and Mixon (who with no Gio absolutely is one now)...never, ever, never, ever, never ever sit these guys for a backup...volume potential is outrageous and that's the name of the game in fantasy.

Desean Jackson or Quincy Enunwa

Depends on your overall lineup and if you're looking for stability or upside. Djax has a lower floor but a higher upside going against a weak pass D. If you need 10 points, QE is the safer bet, if you think you need a shot at 18-20, Djax. I'd usually side with Djax more often than not.

One is a 3-down back who took every snap last week, can catch the football and is essentially playing with no backup and is guaranteed volume...

...and the other guy is TJ Yeldon.

If you're considering playing Yeldon over Joe Mixon ever, at any time, in any point in history...you're doing it wrong.

There are maybe now 3 three-down backs left in the NFL....Gurley, LeVeon and Mixon (who with no Gio absolutely is one now)...never, ever, never, ever, never ever sit these guys for a backup...volume potential is outrageous and that's the name of the game in fantasy.

I would also throw in LeSean, DJ, and Barkley.

Was driving when you sent this, LJC, but 100% agree with you on the 3 guys you added. Saquon for sure...DJ is there but McCoy’s lack of creativity is killing him and Shady being in Buffalo hurts him...but all 3 are for sure 3-down backs...such a rarity in this day and age of at least work splits or RBBC. Those guys have to play at all times IMO

Definitely Saquon. Just get that man going forward not horizontally. It's something that will get better as he matures, and he's already really good

Was driving when you sent this, LJC, but 100% agree with you on the 3 guys you added. Saquon for sure...DJ is there but McCoy’s lack of creativity is killing him and Shady being in Buffalo hurts him...but all 3 are for sure 3-down backs...such a rarity in this day and age of at least work splits or RBBC. Those guys have to play at all times IMO

I knew what you were hinting at. Those three are sure fire, matchup proof, starts. DJ and LeSean are stuck in offenses that don't utilize them properly.

Oh shit Gurley should be added to those three

I disagree. But not strongly. Imo both have pretty gloomy floors, this is kind of pick your poison, but I think Baldwin is better way to go.

Coleman faced two teams in past three weeks that rank bottom half in opp YPC and he averaged 3.6 and 2.1. And now he faces 8th best D in opp YPC and Freeman is back. Bucs D you definitely wanna pass against.

Baldwin had 37 more targets than second-most targeted receiver last year, he's Wilson's top guy and I don't think that's changed whereas you can definitely say that Coleman's role in the offense will be minimized. Baldwin's healthy. He led team in target when he first came back against Arizona. He didn't do much against a Rams D that you clearly wanna run against instead of pass. But now bottom-ranked Raiders D, I think he'll be more involved and Wilson will look for him

I see Baldwin bouncing back.

PPR. bonus at 100 yds for WR and 75 yds for TE. pick 3.

AJ Green
Golden Tate
Travis Kelce
Doug Baldwin
Tyler Boyd
Calvin Ridley
Mike Williams

with Tate on bye, do i dare go with both CIN WRs Green and Boyd vs PITT with Kelce or Green, Ridley, Kelce?

Feel nervous about Green after seeing how Joe Haden did covering Julio last week. Not sure how NE is vs tight ends (although could see Kelce a frustrating choice anyways because NE can possess a lot of ball with its run game against KC's awful run defense), but Tampa is a team you wanna pass on, they're good against the run, but bottom-ranked against the pass and the D will presumably be focused on stopping Julio so I could see Ridley having a big day there. Falcons really need to win, so should be aggressive and pass-heavy from the beginning.

With Freeman out, Coleman is a must start.

Baldwin has done nothing this season to warrant being used at all right now.

Ok Freeman being ruled out is something. But that last point is rather a strawman, dude was injured, ofc he didn't do anything. Coleman hasn't done anything since like Week 2 btw

Ok Freeman being ruled out is something. But that last point is rather a strawman, dude was injured, ofc he didn't do anything. Coleman hasn't done anything since like Week 2 btw
Baldwin's been hurt but played last 2 weeks with 6 rec and 43 yards. Those aren't start worthy stats until he provern he's back to form. Coleman is always a RB1/2 without Freeman, I see him ranked 13th.

I have a league where Matt Breida is not owned. Thinking I may drop Corey Clement for him (or Kenyan Drake or DeShaun Watson - as I have Luck and Ryan too)

You wouldn't be able to trade Watson for a better running back?

If you can find a league where people will think about or make QB offers you’re doing better than me. I’m in a high stakes 6 pt Pass TD league and have ARod, Ryan AND Jameis and I can’t get anyone to even consider an offer...even one where I overpay.

Which 2? Gurley is obvious, but not sure about the RB2 today. I had been using Lynch but dropped him this week due to the injury.

Gurley
Peterson
Breida
Duke Johnson

Which 2? Gurley is obvious, but not sure about the RB2 today. I had been using Lynch but dropped him this week due to the injury.

Gurley
Peterson
Breida
Duke Johnson

Duke Johnson is really good at pass blocking so i'd think that gives him a nice edge in usage over Chubb. Sean Lee also returns for Dallas. Not too sure tho tbh

Nice call on Keenum. At this point any QB with at least two competent receivers is a must start against KC, Tampa or Atlanta. And probable against Cincy, NO and the Niners.

Should've asked whether I should start Njoku or a bag of dirt yesterday.

Nice call on Keenum. At this point any QB with at least two competent receivers is a must start against KC, Tampa or Atlanta. And probable against Cincy, NO and the Niners.

Should've asked whether I should start Njoku or a bag of dirt yesterday.

Lol same. Mad at myself for ever drafting a Browns receiver. Same with Lions and Seahawks

Any value out there in taking a flyer on Leveon Bell? Was offered him for Randall’s Cobb, who I don’t really need based on my WR crew of Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Taylor Gabriel, Dede Westbrook.... not that stellar but wondering if there is even a chance Leveon plays?

Even if Bell were to play, one wonders now how much he would play given Conner's very unexpectedly impressive performance. Plus, guys who start the season late like he did and guys who play to not get hurt usually end up getting hurt. So I personally wouldn't do it

Any value out there in taking a flyer on Leveon Bell? Was offered him for Randall’s Cobb, who I don’t really need based on my WR crew of Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Taylor Gabriel, Dede Westbrook.... not that stellar but wondering if there is even a chance Leveon plays?

I’d prolly take the flyer, where do you sit in the league ?

At worst imo it will be a Kamara-Ingram type time share, with Bell as the Kamara. I’d jump at that trade. Cobb is a poor mans Edelman. You already have a good high floor guy in Landry.

Thanks fellas. Appreciate the insight.

I am middle of the pack in my league. 12 teams, 6 playoff spots. 2 divisions. Division winners make it, then 2 traditional spots and the last 2 spots go to the teams with the most points not already in. Right now I’m 4-4 with the 7th most points so right outside the playoffs. I just don’t see myself playing Cobb at all where I might play Bell if he comes.

Cobb has Allison to split looks and time with and then this rookie two name kid. I am going to pull the trigger I think. I guess my question now is why would he come back? Obviously this isn’t about money and if he comes back does it weaken his stance? Can they even extend him with a contract if they want to?

Bell has to come back by week 10 to accrue a season of service so he can be a free agent. Per the CBA. Correction- week 11. Nov 13th

Last edited:
Back