Zero days till the start of CFB!

17 days - 18 hours 5 minutes

Largely forgotten, because he passed on the NFL after winning the Heisman - FOR THE NBA - Fla St QB Charlie Ward. Also drafted twice in MLB. One of the top college QB's of all time - would be dominant in today's game.

View attachment 76396

He was incredible.

I'll never forget the game at ND and how BIG that was on a national stage.

Hoops-wise, the Noles had an all-nba threesome in the backcourt (Ward, Sura AND Cassell).

Fun times back then, no doubt!

17 days - 18 hours 5 minutes

Largely forgotten, because he passed on the NFL after winning the Heisman - FOR THE NBA - Fla St QB Charlie Ward. Also drafted twice in MLB. One of the top college QB's of all time - would be dominant in today's game.

View attachment 76396

Wrong era for Charlie. He was the truth, other than in that 94 OB where Nebraska fucked his shit up and he got bailed out by the refs.

He was incredible.

I'll never forget the game at ND and how BIG that was on a national stage.

Hoops-wise, the Noles had an all-nba threesome in the backcourt (Ward, Sura AND Cassell).

Fun times back then, no doubt!
Yea I’m glad bookie posted this. He gets lost in the shuffle in my opinion with Bo and Neon Deion. He probably was the best all around athlete we’ve seen.

The 1989 Houston Cougars averaged a record that still stands - 625 yds/game - ANDRE WARE became the 1st black quarterback to win the Heisman - despite his TEAM BEING ON PROBATION. Saw them play several times....

1692037852730.png

The 1989 Houston Cougars averaged a record that still stands - 625 yds/game - ANDRE WARE became the 1st black quarterback to win the Heisman - despite his TEAM BEING ON PROBATION. Saw them play several times....

View attachment 76618
As a new Detroit Lions fan in 1989 (9 years old), adding Andre to Barry was seemed like the greatest thing ever.

As a new Detroit Lions fan in 1989 (9 years old), adding Andre to Barry was seemed like the greatest thing ever.

yep me too - guess AW could only play in the Run N Shoot .....?

Can you imagine if Detroit was really thinking ahead, and installed that O back 30 years ago - maybe hired that crazy ass John Jenkins as OC? bye bye 8 man box ......

yep me too - guess AW could only play in the Run N Shoot .....?

Can you imagine if Detroit was really thinking ahead, and installed that O back 30 years ago - maybe hired that crazy ass John Jenkins as OC? bye bye 8 man box ......
Barry's first, and I believe 2nd year the Lions ran the run n shoot!

They hired Mouse Davis (architect of the run and shoot) along with June Jones.

Barry's first, and I believe 2nd year the Lions ran the run n shoot!

They hired Mouse Davis (architect of the run and shoot) along with June Jones.

I never realized June was on that staff. I guess I was too young to get past the main 3 coaches.

6 days - 20 hours - 10 minutes

From a reservation in Oklahoma (full blood Cherokee) to leading the nation in passing in 1970 - to starring in Hawaii 5-0 and The Longest Yard

SONNY SIXKILLER

1692483747917.png

Back