Zero days till the start of CFB!

45 days - 11 hours

Gotta be Archie Griffin, but gonna add Sam Baugh - TCU QB (homer call) - one of the best passers, and punters in football history

Screen-Shot-2021-03-08-at-10.04.57-PM.png

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
39 days - 2 hours - 15 minutes!

SAM BAM CUNNINGHAM - USC RB 6-3/225 - after destroying the all-white Bama D in Tuscaloosa, Bama coach said "he did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than MLK did in 20 years". Bear Bryant was convinced after the game that having black players was a pretty good idea ......

JOHN KIMBROUGH - A&M RB 6-1/210 (1940) - total badass as well - 2 time AA - WW2 - Texas congressman - starred in a few movies - rancherE-tVUWMXEAUeVkx.jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload (2).jpg

Last edited:
37 days - 17 hours - 52 minutes

3 time AA / Heisman winner - one of the first true stars in CFB - SMU HAD TO CHANGE STADIUMS TO HOLD THE CROWDS THAT CAME TO SEE HIM PLAY FFS. Career interrupted by a year in WW2.

DOAK WALKER

1689814401277.jpeg

One of my favorite players growing up - LSU legend and 1st tm 3 time AA - Tommy Cassanova

1689814440308.jpeg

Homer pick, and another Stanley thermos / lunch pail, hardhat wearing white guy (like Steve Owens, and me ha) .....

6-0 / 4.9 40 - played as hard as anybody ever has - solid dude - took a year off to take care of his wife (cancer)

CHRIS SPIELMAN

1689945452907.png

32 days - 20 hours - 46 minutes

Irish Heisman winner 1947 - won a national title in 43 > fought Naziis (sic) for a few years > came back and won 2 more national titles, as a two time AA / Heisman winner, also lettering in FOUR sports.
Oh yeah - this sweet bastard IS STILL WITH US (born 1925)- Blanda was his backup in the NFL, where he once threw for 470 yds in the 40's - Pat Summerall replaced him in the booth....... RESPECT

JOHNNY LUJACK

1690235086698.png

Last edited:
Homer pick, and another Stanley thermos / lunch pail, hardhat wearing white guy (like Steve Owens, and me ha) .....

6-0 / 4.9 40 - played as hard as anybody ever has - solid dude - took a year off to take care of his wife (cancer)

CHRIS SPIELMAN

View attachment 75747
As a lions fan, an all time favorite.

I remember the year she was diagnosis. I was a senior in HS I believe. That was such a sad time, yet inspiring what they did for over a decade till she passed.

CHRIS SPIELMAN

View attachment 75747

Let's throw in a good ole intro, of The Game...

Great shot of Chris in here...

Harbaugh suspended for the first four games.

Typical of the way elite schools suspend their coaches for screwing up. Almost identical to the way Duke suspended Coach K. Has to sit out the three cupcake pre-season games and Rutgers, then comes back for the real games.

(Not sure this is the thread for this, but didn't see any that looked more appropriate)

Typical of the way elite schools suspend their coaches for screwing up. Almost identical to the way Duke suspended Coach K. Has to sit out the three cupcake pre-season games and Rutgers, then comes back for the real games.

(Not sure this is the thread for this, but didn't see any that looked more appropriate)
Nothing official yet.

UM likes to play bitch to the NCAA so this probably happens but nothing set in stone.

These are the most expensive cheeseburgers ever ;)

Total homer pick - Rozier is the guy

Saw this guy play in high school (Bridge City TX / 1966 yikes) - totally underrated player, and one of the most beloved Texas players ever - could have been a featured TB, but played FB in the wishbone - still 2 time AA / finished 4th in the Heisman. Really unique guy - drafted by the Rams, didn't get the cash he wanted - so just played in Canada for a year and said screw this.......

STEVE WORSTER (wooster)

1690381660254.png

39 days - 2 hours - 15 minutes!

SAM BAM CUNNINGHAM - USC RB 6-3/225 - after destroying the all-white Bama D in Tuscaloosa, Bama coach said "he did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than MLK did in 20 years". Bear Bryant was convinced after the game that having black players was a pretty good idea ......

JOHN KIMBROUGH - A&M RB 6-1/210 (1940) - total badass as well - 2 time AA - WW2 - Texas congressman - starred in a few movies - rancherView attachment 75655View attachment 75656View attachment 75656

Little late, but it wasn’t Bryant that needed convincing on having black players. It was the boosters and administration that were convinced after that game. Point remains though

Nebraska is a real game.....

success-kid-hells-yes.gif

massive homer pick - and with a courage not seen since Pointe du Hoc - I introduce my sainted mother's boyfriend in college :

TCU RB Jim Swink - 2 time AA, and one of the best RB's in the SW Conference history - outplayed Jim Brown in the Cotton Bowl - later an orthopedic surgeon in Fort Worth

1691013708814.png

Utah cited playing 9 conference games as a reason to "take a break" from BYU for a couple seasons. They will play again in 2024.

Thanks. As usual, I was too lazy to dig deep(er) into the interweb.

I love this game. Too bad it's not played every year.

1973 Heisman winner - Penn St RB JOHN CAPPELLETTI
*his acceptance speech - where he dedicated the award to his brother Joey, who was dying of cancer - made a movie about this, "Something For Joey'

John C.jpg

20 days - 23 hours 30 minutes

Saw him play in junior high, high school, college, and pros - many say he was a better LB - in high school they would put him in on D at the goal line, where he would proceed to just destroy people ha.....

EARL CAMPBELL

1691262310998.png

Last edited:
Going with Brook Berringer for #18. Died in a plane crash right before he was about to be drafted in 1996. Subbed for Tommie Frazier in the 94 season. Played one game with a partially collapsed lung.

640px-Statue_of_Brook_Berringer_located_at_the_entrance_to_the_Osborne_Athletic_Complex_at_Memorial_Stadium_in_Lincoln%2C_NE.jpg

17 days - 18 hours 5 minutes

Largely forgotten, because he passed on the NFL after winning the Heisman - FOR THE NBA - Fla St QB Charlie Ward. Also drafted twice in MLB. One of the top college QB's of all time - would be dominant in today's game.

1691540933644.png

Back