You be the official and make this call

Wow, didn't see the end of this game.he kind of

You would need the other angle to be definitive. At first I thought no but he kind of landed on defender and before he was down the ball crossed plane...imo

couldn't tell.
Shoulder was down, but I couldn't tell where the ball was when it did.

If his left knee was down, then it was not a TD, but if it remained up, I believe it was a TD.

As I cannot see the left knee because of the angle with the bodies in the way, I would not reverse the call on the field. In addition, the angle is bad from a depth perception perspective too. It is not right down the line so he may look like he hits the ground with the ball just breaking the plane but it may not be the case. With that said, in the angle we have, I don't see evidence he was down prior to crossing the goal line.

Just shows how tough it is to officiate some of these plays. They do a horrible job but that doesn't mean it isn't a tough job to get right.

FWIW, I am glad he was called short because they should have been taking knees and hawaii players should have been going at Webb's knees the last couple of plays. The old Hawaii teams would have been doing that all game, let alone in that spot.

Had Hawaii +21.5 and definitely thought he scored. Bout cost me a remote

At least we know Sonny will try to cover the spread this season

At another point in the game, that play would've been reviewed.

Watching it live and in the video here, I thought maybe he did and they didn't give it to him. In going back here and pausing it you can see his shoulder is down on the half yardline and as others have said you just can't see where the ball is.

I don't have a problem with Cal not taking a knee, random people I watch college games with often ask me why ncaa teams don't take knees like they do in the pros more often. College teams just tend to run it out on handoffs fairly more often than not. Although here, I think Cal threw it once or twice on that drive, extended running plays I guess they'd call it. My issue with Cal if I was an opposing team or coach is that they maintained the fast pace on several of those plays on that final drive rather than just killing the clock like they could've.

clown my man wow nice I get to watch the whole game again pretty cool but yeah i'm not sure. I would have to see the super slow cam to see that play again bol this football season

Hard to tell, but I don't think he did. I bet his left knee went down. But, also, it's hard to tell where the ball is when his left shoulder hits the ground. I think it is in his right armpit, which is probably short of the line.

As a collegiate referee, these calls are impossible at any sports. I watched is slow motion, and in real time and say no his shoulder was down.

Being those referee rooms, right wrong or indifferent there is something to be said about keeping game moving and keeping everyone safe. He would have had to have been 100000% to call that a TD there, would add 10 minutes of uncessary BS between XP and then a kickoff and a play. That definitely goes through the head, whether you agree or not.

Back