Wimbledon

Big daddy naught

Pretty much a regular
Wimbledon starts on Monday, just thought I’d start up a thread. No plays yet, haven’t looked at the draw or round 1 lines yet but will begin to do so tomorrow and post plays by Sunday night. All thoughts and picks are welcome. Let’s have a profitable 2 weeks!

Monday plays:

ATP:

YOUZHNY -110 over Karlovic...I’ve made a ton of money betting on DR IVO over the years, especially on grass, his best surface, w his huge serve and the fact he plays and wins a lot of TBs. However, while both guys appear to be at the end of their careers, Youzhny has had success against ivo in their h2h, combined w the fact Ivo has lost in round 1 in each of his last 4 tourneys and the one before that edged out a 1st round win before losing in round 2, makes his prime fade material for me. Vegas knows what’s up here, hence shady line. Gimme the Russian.

MAYER -190 over Struff...neither is a grass court wizard, but Struff is hopeless on this surface. Mayer took out Anderson earlier this year which is a solid win. Should get thru in no more than 4.

STAKHOVSKY -140 over Souza. Souza has yet to play a grass court tourney, and rarely plays on the surface. Stak likes the grass which suits his serve and volley game. Should be routine.

WTA:

SABALENKA -120 over Buzarnescu...two up and comers here, going w the Belarusian coming off her finals appearance in Eastbourne, taking out Georges, Mertens, Karolina Pliskova, and Ava Radwanska before losing a tight match to Wozniacki in the finals. The Romanian Buz is no slouch on grass, and did make the SF in Birmingham before bowing out to Kvitova, but see Saba getting by here.

MARTIC -105 over Makarova. Mak is in atrocious form at the moment with 4 straight 1st round losses. Martic beat Coco so she can play. I’ll take a shot.

Treading lightly. Could have more plays but trying to be conservative day 1 and see how courts are playing and how players look. GL to all

Off to a rocky start, day 1 recap 2-4, with Stakhovsky and the parlay hitting as winners. Onto Day 2...

ATP:

DZUMHUR -130 over Marterer. More experience on grass and coming off a tourney win leading up to Wimbledon.

M. ZVEREV-185 over Hughes-Hebert. Another player who had success on the leadup to Wimbledon winning In Nottingham I like Zverev’s serve and volley game on the fast playing grass courts here.

Nothing I like as a single on wta side.

One parlay to add EDMUND * TOMIC * DELPO * KONTA (1 unit wins about 1.23)

Day 2, 2-1, hit the parlay and won on Dzumhur. Lost on Zverev.

Tourney record now 4-5, maybe I should stick to parlays as I’ve hit both lol.

Tomorrow’s plays up later tonight

Back